Torture/Waterboarding: Discussion/Debate Thread - Page 24 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-20-2008, 10:08 PM   #346
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 07:14 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by diamond

n
em
vi
en
rd

game. set. match.

Old 02-20-2008, 10:21 PM   #347
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:14 AM
my aim is to do your self esteem wonders

Old 02-20-2008, 10:28 PM   #348
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:14 AM
Quote:

Never divulge your hand.
Some of you are living in a Sept 10th time warped mentality.

You guys are stupidier than Neville Chamberlin
Diamond, you have pissed me off before, but I have never before been more offended by you than I am now. Get off of me and stop with the insults. You think I don't know what it's like to be in a community that is being attacked???? You think I don't know that feeling? PISS OFF. You don't know shit about my intelligence or my suffering. You're insensitive and delusional, and I'm surprised you get away with all this crap in here.
Old 02-20-2008, 10:41 PM   #349
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 04:14 AM
On the bus ride home from work tonight, I saw a red billboard that said, in giant white letters:

"REMEMBER SEPTEMBER 11, 2001 WHEN YOU VOTE."

You bet I will. I'll remember what's happened to our country since Septmeber 11, 2001.
Old 02-20-2008, 10:47 PM   #350
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:14 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by corianderstem
On the bus ride home from work tonight, I saw a red billboard that said, in giant white letters:

"REMEMBER SEPTEMBER 11, 2001 WHEN YOU VOTE."

You bet I will. I'll remember what's happened to our country since Septmeber 11, 2001.
Exactly. The biggest horror that the Bush administration has created is their subconcious teaching that we should allow that day to define us. That's what their entire foreign and security policies have been based on. It's gotten us to the lowest point we've ever been as a nation. That is what the terrorists wanted. It's ironic: By doing everything in our power to destroy them, we've given them power over us and the liberties our country was founded upon.
Old 02-20-2008, 11:32 PM   #351
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 01:14 PM
This thread is getting pretty far out of hand, and doesn't look likely to make any further headway at this point anyhow.

I'm not sure if we've got some sort of cabin fever epidemic going around here lately or what, but I guess this is as good a place as any to point out some trends we can't let continue.
Quote:
Originally posted by martha
What a load of shit.
Quote:
Originally posted by Abomb-baby
Do you honestly believe this crap?
Quote:
Originally posted by phillyfan26
You two are both incredibly obtuse.
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar
Do you go out of your way to play dumb?
All the above were rude, unnecessary and didn't add anything to what were otherwise some constructive contributions to the thread. I know you four (and doubtless a couple others, but I'm not gonna reread the whole thread trawling for examples) can take as good as you give and aren't likely to get that upset if someone heatedly tells you "That's the dumbest crock of shit I've ever heard!" or whatever in an argument--but quite a few folks in here would and do, and when you start slipping into saying unnecessary things like this, it winds up sending a message to everyone that these kinds of jabs are fair game and this sort of overall tenor of debate is acceptable, which it isn't. Please stick to constructive responses (or just ignore, if you know it's not worth it) and keep these kinds of remarks in check.

Quote:
You guys are stupidier than Neville Chamberlin:

Some seem to have mis placed liberal guilt coupled with complete niavity and are in way over your heads.
And you in particular have really been treading on thin ice recently--it seems like just about all you want to do lately is provoke people for the sake of provoking them, then tweak and ridicule them when they oblige. If you're looking to get suspended from here then keep it up, otherwise, cut it out.

μελετώ αποτυγχάνειν. -- Διογένης της Σινώπης