Russia-France, Reasons they dont want to go to War - Page 7 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-15-2003, 08:29 AM   #91
Refugee

Local Time: 03:51 PM
uhh diamond....you do realize that those twp pictures you posted are the same thing right? not two different things.

Dont blame hillarys husband....for the shortcomings of the first administration...if I was clinton I would have refused to clean up reagans and bush sr's mess.

Also clinton threatened to bomb the nuclear reacot if n korea activated it....where was bush when they took those seals off????

Old 03-15-2003, 08:53 AM   #92
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 07:51 AM
littestar-

yes
yes Clinton made a lot of threats esp if they sounded good.

And re Bush and their procedure-

one
step
at a
time while we simutaneously hunt out terrioists..

DB9

Old 03-15-2003, 10:22 AM   #93
Refugee

dimaond..the N koreans didn't start that reactor while clinton was preisdent...I guess they had more respect for him than they do for bush....not an uncommon situation among the world.
Old 03-15-2003, 06:35 PM   #94
Refugee

Location: on a one of these small green spots at that blue planet at the end of the milky way
Arun V:

I don't think it's the respect, North Korea might have the idea that it's useless to wait until they get invaded because of the new preemptive military doctrine of G.W.B. anyway, so they try to build as many A-Bombs as they can to be able to defend G.W.B's preemptive defense in North Korea?

Klaus
Old 03-16-2003, 12:01 AM   #95
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by Klaus
Arun V:

I don't think it's the respect, North Korea might have the idea that it's useless to wait until they get invaded because of the new preemptive military doctrine of G.W.B. anyway, so they try to build as many A-Bombs as they can to be able to defend G.W.B's preemptive defense in North Korea?

Klaus

1.)...a bombs won't revent an invasion because they do not assure destruction of anything but japan and S korea....N korea would still be levelled.

2.) bush's invasion of iraq wouldn't be preemptive...it would be a the result of years of thwarting UN resolutions...this whole idea of a "preemptive doctrine" is overblown.

3.)we haven't invaded N korea in 50 years.....what makes them think they are even worth bothering with.

4.) let's face it the United states feels threatened by arab extremists...NOT communists right now...and the fact that a rogue arab nation has nukes is scary to the US after 9/11/

5.)you don't think it's respect???...I believe clinton commanded much more support in the international community than bush. And in fact the North koreans respected clinton..becausehe respected them

and the soveriegnity of other nations.

Klaus....this is my question to you...is there anything about america you don't seem to dislike???...just name me a few things.

any policy america holds that you like?
Old 03-16-2003, 12:04 AM   #96
Ghost of Love

Local Time: 09:51 AM
I like Florida.

Warm beaches...ahhh..

Arun!!

http://home.cogeco.ca/~october/images/sheeep.jpg

Don't push this button:

I'm serious, don't!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyagu_Anaykus View Post
Interference is my Earth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvox View Post
Consequently, Earth is an experimental disaster.

If you keep going, you have only your self to blame

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Best Interferencer On The Damn Planet View Post
Edge:
too sexy for his amp
too sexy for his cap
too sexy for that god-damned headset
I told you

Old 03-16-2003, 01:11 AM   #97
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 07:51 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Arun V
dimaond..the N koreans didn't start that reactor while clinton was preisdent...I guess they had more respect for him than they do for bush....not an uncommon situation among the world.
yep.
looks like u got it figured out

Clinton was so keen..
Clinton so in tune w/himself
Clinton so in tune w his personal relationships
Clinton was grand.
Clinton reading them pulse polls .... living for the moment.
Clinton seeking instant gratification.. the man of the hour
Clinton

yeah
yeah..

DB9
Old 03-16-2003, 07:22 AM   #98
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:51 PM
Diamond,
I guess we've seen what you think of Clinton's personal behaviour when he was in office. However, what did you think of him as a president?
Old 03-16-2003, 07:35 AM   #99
Refugee

Location: on a one of these small green spots at that blue planet at the end of the milky way
Arun V:

1-5 well also i don't agree on all of your views, i guess you're right on some.

More important - do i disslike everything about America?:
I guess you are interested in my view about the United States, neither Southamerica nor Canada

America has a great history, it was one of the important forces with heped to stop Nazi-Germany, it did even save the Germans from their government. They did a great job helping germany to get back on the democratic side of the world. They helped to stop Stalin-USSR expansion.
I loved America when i saw the pictures of the American guy who throw chocolat (tied to little parachutes) out of the window of his plane when flying over berlin while helping the Berlin-Germans not to starve because of the Soviet blockade (Luftbrücke).

Most American presidents i personally remember did a great job and fixed more in the world than they messed up. I also love the US that they helped Mr. Kohl (which i dissliked more than R.Reagan ;-)) to convince Great Britain and France that a reunited Germany is no danger to them.

I allways loved the visionary side of US politics, which sometimes seemed a little naive from the European point of view (I remember R.Reagan when he said in West Berlin: "Mr. Gorbachov tear this wall down"). This dosn't stop me from seing dangers in this kind of politics however.

The United States were the most important key by founding the United Nations, the key to a long historical period of peace between the big countries.

I'm not attacking the Bush way of politics because i think it's greedy and just for economics, most politics is so i'm glad if it is just economics and not about building a world empire. The way why i attack the Bush politics is because i'm affraid they create lots of Antiamericanism in the world by their way of solving problems. And i'm affraid this will lead to tremendous problems including more anti-western and of course anti-american terrorism.
People like Bin Laden couldn't survive without counterparts like G.W.Bush. Even if the US finds and kills him he has won because he will become the martyrer. (It's like Yasser Arafat needs Ariel Sharon)

I see lots of anti-americanism rising in Europe and i try to do something against it, but of course it isn't easy as long as people like D. Rumsfeld do everything they can do to strengthen anti-american resentiments.

Besides the political things, i love most of the people i met
in the United States, i also love their country it's a beautiful country.

The history of pre US history is verry interesting and i'd love to spend time "researching" it

If US emigration wouldn't be such pain in the *** i guess i'd live in the states - however, i enjoy my lifetime tourist visa i have

Klaus
Old 03-16-2003, 08:33 AM   #100
Refugee

Klaus..thanks for clearing that up.

It's good to argue with someone intelligent and who doens't hate the US rather is sad to see us not live up to our own values.

Ich Spreche Deutsch Ein Bischien(sp). Und Deautchland ist eine sehr shoene Land. Ich habe Berlin und frankfurt besucht und ich habe viele Respekt fur Deutschland.

It's been a while since I used my german it's a little rusty....I think i butchered your language......oh well

Ich bin ein berliner!
Old 03-16-2003, 01:13 PM   #101
Refugee

Thanks for the compliment :blush:

I butcher your language day by day, so it's ok, if you do it a little with my language too
No serious, it's pretty good - next time you visit Frankfurt give me a call.

Klaus

p.s. i forgot the most important thing i love about the united states:
the amount of people who are willing to help others
Old 03-16-2003, 01:18 PM   #102
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 09:51 AM
klaus i have just seen a side of you i truly like and enjoy.
Old 03-16-2003, 05:38 PM   #103
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:51 PM
My parents are thinking of cancelling a planned summer trip to France. They are paranoid about anti-American sentiment there. They have nothing against the French and oppose the war and Bush, but they are nervous about what the people will think when two Americans get off a plane there. Damn, I wanted to go check out Cluny. Unfortunately I probably can't do this.
Old 03-16-2003, 05:45 PM   #104
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 04:51 PM
Tell them that they´re worrying for the wrong thing. Media is full of sentiments, but when they´ll be in France, they won´t feel AntiAmerican mood, really. I mean, if a french man came to the U.S. I think the people would treat him just as nice, after all, he´s not Chirac and your parents are not Bush.

I´d rather worry about Paris There, they´re unfriendly to everyone, they really are, they hate tourists and think Paris is the top of the pop of Europe (all other French people hate the Parisiens too!). And it is very expensive there, too. But nevermind, you know, Paris is just a great city - you simply have to ignore the people
Old 03-16-2003, 06:34 PM   #105
Refugee

I never had such bad sexperiences in france well trying to talk french really helps and opens their hearts, don't be too shocked about banners like "merde tourisme"
Ok seriousely.. i hope that the US-American and the European governments don't escalate this racism stuff, because there are too much idiots in the world who believe them

Anyway, chances to get killed by car accident are much higher than that anyone there will spit on you because of your nationality.

Klaus