My Two Cents About The Election - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-21-2004, 12:34 PM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 06:43 AM
namkcuR -

For the life of me, I can't figure out support for Bush either - not unless you come from a family which is benefitting from Bush's tax breaks for the upper classes.

He is doing all that he can to sign the American environment over to big business to exploit and destroy for future generations of Americans not to be able to enjoy.

He has been so aggressive and disrespectful to the majority of nations around the world that almost the entire world (at least the people of the world - some governments still support him) HATE HIM - HOW CAN THAT BE GOOD FOR THE FUTURE SECURITY OF THE USA?

Not to mention how he has NOT DONE ENOUGH for the majority of Americans to secure their future economic security - putting more and more of us in STRUCTURAL POVERTY with very little ability to get out of it (not to mention looking the other way as corporations are slashing health care benefits)!

GEORGE BUSH MADE A MESS OUT OF THE TEXAS ECONOMY WHEN HE WAS GOVERNOR HERE - NOW HE IS TRYING TO DO THAT WITH THE NATIONAL ECONOMY!

I sincerely do not understand the rationales to support Bush - he has MARGINAL INTELLIGENCE and CONNIVING POLITICAL FRIENDS and ADVISERS (let alone a corrupt VP).

I simply don't understand how people can like getting kicked in the backside by George Bush!

Old 09-21-2004, 12:40 PM   #17
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:43 AM
Please SUPPORT your contentions with a few FACTS.

Old 09-21-2004, 12:53 PM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 06:43 AM
nbcrusader, I LIVE MY TRUTH!

My life has been made an economic mess Bush's giveaways to big business first here in Texas and now in DC.

If your life, nbcrusader, has been made safer and more economically secure by George Bush's policies - the please POST YOUR FACTS!

There's no reason why posters always have to nitpick with each other - this is a forum to express opinions and ideas, not to constantly be contentious with each other.

Post your opinions and ideas, nbcrusader, instead of always tearing down others.

But actually isn't that the Bush way - don't focus on your own ideas and actions (because they are probably wrong) but simply keep attacking others until you think you've fought them down?

That is Carl Rove's policy, isn't it?

Sorry - THIS IS ONE PERSON FOR REGIME CHANGE THAT YOU CAN'T CONFUSE OR WEAR DOWN.

Remember, what you try to do to others ultimately comes back to get you (law of karma).
Old 09-21-2004, 01:46 PM   #19
pax
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:43 AM
I really wish people in this forum could stop berating each other for what they believe and talk like adults.

This goes for BOTH SIDES.

Join Amnesty.
Old 09-21-2004, 08:38 PM   #20
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by paxetaurora
I really wish people in this forum could stop berating each other for what they believe and talk like adults.

This goes for BOTH SIDES.
And I wish people would stop getting their shorts in a twist over other people's opinions. The title of this thread makes it clear it is an OPINION of ONE person...an opinion to which he has a right.

How many times must namkcuR apologise before it's accepted and people move on? And if you want to discuss offensive/arrogant/pretentious statements...well everyone in this thread has posted something (often several somethings) that has irritated me. Face it people, we all irritate each other here. It's a place of opinions and discussion, and sometimes those opinions are strong. Big deal. If you get offended by this thread you need to take a few deep breaths and do something else.

C'mom people, can't any of you tell when offense is meant and when it is inadvertent? So many people say they hate political correctness, but then they expect everyone (everyone else ususally) to walk on eggshells. Save the indignation for when it's really warranted.
Old 09-22-2004, 10:09 AM   #21
The Fly

Local Time: 07:43 AM
I was curious to read this thread because it was coming from someone who was making a decision in a crucial state. But when I read the opening remarks: ...

"The RIGHT way would have been to wait for the weapons inspectors finish their job, to wait for the UN to give FULL AND UNANIMOUS approval"

... I had to shake my head and wonder if this person has actually lsitened to anything going on in the world. For years, mind you YEARS, we have been talking about this and how Iraq wouldn't let weapons inspectors in. But you're saying thats the right way to do things. If we did them you're way, or the right way as you put it, you'd wait forever until they did have WMD. Atleast it looks like the good people have of Ohio have the right sense to actually go with someone that has a plan.
Old 09-22-2004, 10:45 AM   #22
Refugee

Location: on a one of these small green spots at that blue planet at the end of the milky way
Local Time: 01:43 PM
odowdpa:
Well there were Weaponinspectors at work (and they even destroyed long-range missiles) in Iraq. They told the public 2 things the US didn't want to hear:
1st: we need some more weeks (maybee months) to find out the truth about the WMDs
2nd: to this point it looks like Iraq has no huge amounts of WMDs, maybe some relics from the improper desctruction.

Judge yourself who was better in telling the public the truth about Iraqs WMDs

ps They had to leave the country because of the invasion of the current administration and the US didn't let them continue their job after the invasion.
Old 09-22-2004, 12:58 PM   #23
The Fly

How many times can you hear the same lines...

fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.
Old 09-22-2004, 02:22 PM   #24
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by odowdpa
How many times can you hear the same lines...

fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.
Yep. And Bush has already played this nation for the fool.

I'm not a fool.
Old 09-22-2004, 07:07 PM   #25
The Fly

We can get into the same old things, but please tell me the outline Kerry has given us about what he would do about Iraq. Please, because he hasn't.

He said he would have gone into Iraq just like Bush did. But he said he'd have concocted a more "compassionate war". I forgot such a thing existed.

Do you think Bush wants people dying? Was this his plan from the get go? Because thats the vibe I am almost getting here. Iraq was ruled by a brutal dictator (dictators if you include his sons). He is trying to set a country in the right way and fight terrorism at the same time. He is doing what he has to, whether it is popular or not. He doesn't change his opinion or attitude, like some, ahem, Kerry, whenever the wind changes direction.

Kerry is a man who voted FOR the war and subsequently voted against its funding. But he's not fooling anybody. Thats only one small example. We need someone who isn't afraid to go against popular opinion. He might have you fooled, but thank God the majority of the nation sees things for what they are.
Old 09-22-2004, 07:11 PM   #26
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 10:43 PM
I don't think it is entirely fair to attack Kerry's funding vote, that funding package had some questionable elements that Kerry (and quite a few others) didn't agree with. He did make it bad for himself by saying he had voted for it before he had voted against it.

Kerry wants to internationalize the effort, to shirk the responsibility onto the UN - that simply is not good enough. The US is the only country in the world with the capacity to build Iraq, it is a bastard of a thing to do but if one considers the alternative it is by far the more attractive option.
Old 09-22-2004, 07:29 PM   #27
ONE
love, blood, life

Kerry voted FOR the war...

Ok, I can't listen to people spout off this misunderstood reasoning anymore.

The vote that is being referred to....Kerry didn't vote for or against the war, and neither did any other senator or congressperson. Is is amazing how many people don't even know what that vote actually was. The senate voted to give the president the power to go to war. Kerry voted for THAT. What they did was they said to GWB, 'it's up to you, it's your call, we're granting you that power, and we trust you to make the right decision'. Bush broke that trust and made the wrong decision.

THAT is what Kerry voted for, believing at the time that Bush would have the sense to gather allies and UN support before invading.
Old 09-23-2004, 07:11 AM   #28
The Fly

Oh boy, you can't seem to look between the lines. Kerry KNEW Bush was pro-war in this instance, he KNEW France was out, but he ok'd it anyways...but I guess you're right, he didn't vote for the war, he just said Bush do what you want, knowing he'd be for the war. I hope Kerry has a bit more brain smarts than this just in case he wins. You're saying that he can't tell what is going to happen from his votes? Ok, just making sure.