MERGED--> Illegal Immigration + Illegal Aliens USA - Page 8 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-19-2006, 05:43 PM   #106
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Justin24
I have nothing against Hispanics. I am just upset that they would come here illegally and then want the same rights as everyone here, when they are not citizens. I am sorry I gave you a bad impression.
I think if you would approach the whole issue differently so many wouldn't get this impression. You've placed the whole blame on the immigrants, and none on the US industries and economies that depend on the cheap labor. You've called them stupid and blame them for not fixing their own government.

So if you were to step back a little, you will probably see why so many in this thread have gotten this same impression.

Old 04-19-2006, 05:50 PM   #107
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 08:35 AM
Well there is an article today in the paper about major corporations usining an underground system now to hire illegal's. I am not happy that these companies are doing that. It's the new slave trade.

US citizens should also fix our corrupt government as they should in their own country, unless your living under Chavez who is scaring his people into an imminant attack by US forces.

Old 04-19-2006, 06:02 PM   #108
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Sonoftelepunk
Ok, let's see if we can get some fresh discussion. My view on the issue is that it wouldn't be fair to those that wait to come here legally if illegal immigrants were allowed to gain citizenship in a short amount of time. Especially if that short amount of time is without any background check. I wouldn't mind shortening the required red tape to become a citizen, but it can't be too easy.
Multiple problems, no great solutions.
Yes it's unfair to those who are waiting their time and playing by the rules to let those that broke the law have an easier path to citizenship, but I think the point is, what can we do about it?
Can't really rectify this situation and please all sides.

It's not fair to those abiding by the laws, because the government won't enforce those laws, so they are useless.
Really unfair, but what can you do?
Either enforce the law or throw it out altogether, I guess.
Old 04-20-2006, 12:51 PM   #109
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

This is for Muggsy. I am sorry about my comments in the other thread and I apologize. I hope you will accept my apology.
Old 04-20-2006, 01:22 PM   #110
Refugee

Location: I live in colombia, with a box of watercolors and butterflies in my tummy
Local Time: 10:35 AM
You don't have to apologize ... I only ask you to see both sides of the coin
Old 04-26-2006, 03:37 PM   #111
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/04/26/D8H7QMGG1.html

I think the body armor would be more important to the troops than diverting it to the border.
Old 04-26-2006, 08:22 PM   #112
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:35 AM
Quote:
Privately, Bush Says He Favors Citizenship

By DAVID ESPO

Wednesday, April 26, 2006; 7:54 PM

WASHINGTON -- President Bush generally favors plans to give millions of illegal immigrants a chance at U.S. citizenship without leaving the country, but does not want to be more publicly supportive because of opposition among conservative House Republicans, according to senators who attended a recent White House meeting.

Several officials familiar with the meeting also said Democrats protested radio commercials that blamed them for Republican-written legislation that passed the House and would make illegal immigrants vulnerable to felony charges.

Bush said he was unfamiliar with the ads, which were financed by the Republican National Committee, according to officials familiar with the discussions.

At another point, Democratic leader Harry Reid of Nevada and other members of his party pressed the president about their concern that any Senate-passed bill would be made unpalatable in final talks with the House.

Sen. Dick Durbin of Illinois, the second-ranking Democrat, said the lawmaker who would lead House negotiators, House Judiciary Committee Chairman James Sensenbrenner, had been "intractable" in negotiations on other high-profile bills in the past. Bush did not directly respond to the remark, officials said.

The Republican and Democratic officials who described the conversation did so Wednesday on condition of anonymity, saying they had not been authorized to disclose details.

Bush convened the session to give momentum to the drive for election-year immigration legislation, a contentious issue that has triggered large street demonstrations and produced divisions in both political parties. Senators of both parties emerged from the session praising the president's involvement and said the timetable was achievable.

"Yes, he thinks people should be given a path to citizenship," said Sen. Mel Martinez., R-Fla., a leading supporter of immigration legislation in the Senate.

Martinez said it was implicit in Bush's remarks that many of the immigrants illegally in the U.S. would be permitted to remain during a lengthy wait and application period.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...602191_pf.html
Old 04-26-2006, 09:22 PM   #113
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 01:35 AM
Old 04-27-2006, 03:26 PM   #114
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

http://today.reuters.com/news/articl...ION.xml&rpc=22

Union officials and activist plan on closing down cities with massive protests. I dont know, some business might suffer. I am sure people who are desperate for jobs might fill the void.

I am just wondering if this were to happen and they gave jobs to American's will it backlash against the immigrants that are protesting?
Old 04-27-2006, 04:19 PM   #115
Blue Crack Addict

I never knew about this and I think most people probably don't

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060427/...E0BHNlYwN0bWE-

A decade ago, illegal migration was dominated by men. Now more women are making the journey, risking rape and even death to support their families.

The increase in women migrants comes as beefed-up border security has funneled migrants through one of the world's most forbidding deserts, and as smugglers adopt increasingly violent tactics.

Some cross with their children. Others leave them behind with relatives. Pregnant women, like Maria Perez, the 18-year-old who gave birth this week, walk for days through the desert in the hope that their children will have a better life as U.S. citizens.

Rape has become so prevalent that many women take birth control pills or shots before setting out to ensure they won't get pregnant. Some consider rape "the price you pay for crossing the border," said Teresa Rodriguez, regional director of the U.N. Development Fund for Women.

If caught by the U.S. Border Patrol, women are often deported to Mexico's violent border towns in the middle of the night, despite a 1996 agreement between the two countries that promised women and children would only be returned in daylight hours, according to directors of migrant shelters along the 2,000-mile border.
Old 04-28-2006, 08:46 AM   #116
Blue Crack Addict

I think that's completely ridiculous and outrageous. The national anthem is the same in any language, it's the feelings and thoughts behind it that count and not the words. The true meaning can never be altered, except by those who twist it for their own agenda.

I out my hand over my heart and feel the same about it no matter who sings it, if they screw up the words, whatever..

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/04/27/D8H8LGDO0.html
Old 04-28-2006, 08:51 AM   #117
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Clearly they respect the heritage and traditions that we have in the United States. Maybe we should print up money in Spanish too
Old 04-28-2006, 09:04 AM   #118
Blue Crack Addict

How do they not respect? Money is money, Spanish or English.
Old 04-28-2006, 10:51 AM   #119
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

If your going to sing it in spanish fine. But to make a Remix and add

"These kids have no parents, cause all of these mean laws ... let's not start a war with all these hard workers, they can't help where they were born." Is stupid.
Old 04-28-2006, 12:51 PM   #120
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

California LawMakers approve the May 1st Boycott? Well wouldn't they be loosing money, that they so desperatly need?

http://www.macon.com/mld/macon/news/nation/14445466.htm