MERGED--> Illegal Immigration + Illegal Aliens USA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here's a poll for you from NPR:

Americans agree (85%) that illegal immigration is a “serious” problem, and over half (55%) say it is “very serious.”

I have said it before. I find it funny how they carry sign saying "No Somos criminales." When if fact you are by crossing the border, which is illegal with out proper documentation

So your saying you benefit from food, that was picked for slave wages and by law breakers. As long as you eat cheap it's ok to exploit. It would be better for them if they came here legally, that way they would not have to suffer in the first place and stop living off welfare.

Justin24 said:
I have said it before. I find it funny how they carry sign saying "No Somos criminales." When if fact you are by crossing the border, which is illegal with out proper documentation

Well I guess, technically speaking we're all criminals, if you've ever sped, jaywalked, etc...:wink:

Justin24 said:
So your saying you benefit from food, that was picked for slave wages and by law breakers. As long as you eat cheap it's ok to exploit. It would be better for them if they came here legally, that way they would not have to suffer in the first place and stop living off welfare.

No, I'm saying that if all of a sudden tomorrow there were no illegal immigrants, produce, restaurants, housing, etc would all rise in price. I hope everyone's willing to pay.

Justin24 said:

so what is a criminal?

when the president and many power brokers want these undocumented here for the advantage of low costs labor

to say they are criminals and to compare them to terrorists, which I have seen done is disgusting

"No Somos criminales."
perhaps is is a big joke to you

is your mother/ father/ child hungry tonight?

BonoVoxSupastar said:
I wonder how many of those polled realize how much they benefit...:hmm:

We trust the wisdom of the masses for so many things, why not this?

There are benefits. There are costs. And there are legal ways to enter the country.

MR. PRESIDENT, I'M HEADED TO MEXICO

Dear President Bush:

I'm about to plan a little trip with my family and extended family, And I would like to ask you to assist me. I'm going to walk across the border from the U.S. into Mexico, and I need to make a few arrangements.
I know you can help with this.

I plan to skip all the legal stuff like visas, passports,
Immigration quotas and laws. I'm sure they handle those things the same way you do here.

So, would you mind telling your buddy, President Vicente Fox, that I'm on my way over? Please let him know that I will be expecting
the following:

1. Free medical care for my entire family.

2. English-speaking government bureaucrats for all services I might need, whether I use them or not.

3. All government forms need to be printed in English.

4. I want my kids to be taught by English-speaking teachers.

5. Schools need to include classes on American culture and history.

6. I want my kids to see the American flag flying on the top of the flag pole at their school with the Mexican flag flying lower down.

7. Please plan to feed my kids at school for both breakfast and lunch.

8. I will need a local Mexican driver's license so I can get access to government services.

9. I do not plan to have any car insurance, and I won't make any effort to learn local traffic laws.

10. In case one of the Mexican police officers does not get the memo from Pres. Fox to leave me alone, please be sure that all police officers speak English.

11. I plan to fly the U.S. flag from my house top, put flag decals on my car, and have a gigantic celebration on July 4th. I do not want any complaints or negative comments from the locals.

12. I would also like to have a nice job without paying any taxes, and don't enforce any labor laws or tax laws.

13. Please tell all the people in the country to be extremely nice and never say a critical word about me, or about the strain I might place on the economy.

I know this is an easy request because you already do all these things for all the people who come to the U.S. from Mexico. I am sure that Pres. Fox won't mind returning the favor if you ask him nicely.

However, if he gives you any trouble, just invite him to go quail hunting with your V.P.

Thank you so much for your kind help.
+++

The jest of this is what we're to come away with. "Immigration" is welcomed, but illegal immigration is just illegal immigration.

nbcrusader said:

We trust the wisdom of the masses for so many things, why not this?

There are benefits. There are costs. And there are legal ways to enter the country.

Oh yes, the masses have been right so often. They were right about slavery, the holocaust, the cause of the plague, the shape of the earth, and so on and so forth. With that track record it's a wonder why anyone would ever doubt the masses.:eyebrow:
The legal ways to enter this country right now are profoundly ridiculous and difficult. A friend of mine from Canada was nearly kicked out of the country several times (luckily this district's Representative was able to help her). She is white, christian, a white-collar hard-worker and yet she had troubles moving here. Can you imagine what a bitch it is for Mexicans? When people say it's easy to legally get into this country, they obviously have no experience.

blueyedpoet said:

Oh yes, the masses have been right so often. They were right about slavery, the holocaust, the cause of the plague, the shape of the earth, and so on and so forth. With that track record it's a wonder why anyone would ever doubt the masses.:eyebrow:
The legal ways to enter this country right now are profoundly ridiculous and difficult. A friend of mine from Canada was nearly kicked out of the country several times (luckily this district's Representative was able to help her). She is white, christian, a white-collar hard-worker and yet she had troubles moving here. Can you imagine what a bitch it is for Mexicans? When people say it's easy to legally get into this country, they obviously have no experience.

I'm not sure your examples provide a good basis to question the wisdom of the masses. Besides, if you disapprove of the masses, then the 68% who don't give GWG a positive approval rating aren't to be trusted. Silly really.

And no one says legal immigration is easy. In fact, the willingness to navigate the system is admirable. It makes the actions of the illegals even more disrespectful to those who work hard to enter legally.

My father was born in Puruandiro, Michoacan. He traveled here when he was 13 years old and can now speak fluent English, (although the accent is still there) makes far more than minimum wage with a respectable job, and doesn't have any Mexican flags hanging on his car window or stapled to his jacket.

If he can do it, I fail to see why so many other people are blantantly refusing to. It makes me ashamed as a Hispanic to see people who are not legal citizens of the country they so "love" demand rights equal to those who are. Especially since half of them I see stopped by news crews to be interviewed either don't know what they are protesting for (quit taking your kids out of schools), or can't even communicate it in proper English (someone actually said "we's Mexicans need equal rights"). I understand that they are important to the economy, and being from a very traditional Hispanic family, I appreciate the things they do for our country and their culture. I'm just fed up with "mi raza" thinking they are owed a free pass to amnesty or citizenship when there are those trying so hard to gain it honestly and fairly.

America is a great country, and its laws should be respected if you want to be a part of it.

imo :sigh:

catlhere said:
My father was born in Puruandiro, Michoacan. He traveled here when he was 13 years old and can now speak fluent English, (although the accent is still there) makes far more than minimum wage with a respectable job, and doesn't have any Mexican flags hanging on his car window or stapled to his jacket.

If he can do it, I fail to see why so many other people are blantantly refusing to. It makes me ashamed as a Hispanic to see people who are not legal citizens of the country they so "love" demand rights equal to those who are. Especially since half of them I see stopped by news crews to be interviewed either don't know what they are protesting for (quit taking your kids out of schools), or can't even communicate it in proper English (someone actually said "we's Mexicans need equal rights"). I understand that they are important to the economy, and being from a very traditional Hispanic family, I appreciate the things they do for our country and their culture. I'm just fed up with "mi raza" thinking they are owed a free pass to amnesty or citizenship when there are those trying so hard to gain it honestly and fairly.

America is a great country, and its laws should be respected if you want to be a part of it.

:up: My mom married my dad and became a citizen. She had to learn the language and work hard. I am tired of seeing the migrants hanging out on corners looking for work, when they should be doing something to make themselfs legal. I love your story I applaud your father.

BorderGirl said:

1. Free medical care for my entire family.
Honestly, please show me how much free medical illegal immigrants are getting. Is it anymore than legal people who aren't working?
BorderGirl said:

2. English-speaking government bureaucrats for all services I might need, whether I use them or not.

3. All government forms need to be printed in English.
Please show me the evidence where only illegal immigrants don't speak English as their first language.

BorderGirl said:

5. Schools need to include classes on American culture and history.
You don't want to hear about history and culture of other people who helped create America? And we wonder why we're stereotyped as arrogant and ignorant by the rest of the world.

BorderGirl said:

6. I want my kids to see the American flag flying on the top of the flag pole at their school with the Mexican flag flying lower down.

I haven't heard of this happening anywhere...

BorderGirl said:

8. I will need a local Mexican driver's license so I can get access to government services.

Thank Bush...
BorderGirl said:

9. I do not plan to have any car insurance, and I won't make any effort to learn local traffic laws.

Yeah because only illegals don't have insurance...:rolleyes:

BorderGirl said:

11. I plan to fly the U.S. flag from my house top, put flag decals on my car, and have a gigantic celebration on July 4th. I do not want any complaints or negative comments from the locals.
Hmm, how come we haven't got rid of St. Patrick's Day yet?
BorderGirl said:

12. I would also like to have a nice job without paying any taxes, and don't enforce any labor laws or tax laws.
Once you stop paying under the table you better start paying them competitive wages...oh my

Bullshit enough for you?

catlhere said:

:up: I totally agree. Alot of immigrants have worked hard to get into America and have gone through alot to become a legal citizen. I believe if someone wants to come here they should do it in a legal way.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

Honestly, please show me how much free medical illegal immigrants are getting. Is it anymore than legal people who aren't working?

Please show me the evidence where only illegal immigrants don't speak English as their first language.

You don't want to hear about history and culture of other people who helped create America? And we wonder why we're stereotyped as arrogant and ignorant by the rest of the world.

Thank Bush...

Once you stop paying under the table you better start paying them competitive wages...oh my

Bullshit enough for you?

I posted this because some aspects of this really are relevant to the immigration discussion especially in a border state.
It is obviously written tongue-in-cheek.
I think most people welcome diversity, recognizing that the history of any American is one that involved immigration to a new land.
At issue here is illegal immigration and the demands it places on a state, a country and it's legal cititzens.
Your # 12 answer is what I mostly agree with as I believe these workers are exploited (if only by our standards).

BorderGirl said:

I posted this because some aspects of this really are relevant to the immigration discussion especially in a border state.

At issue here is illegal immigration and the demands it places on a state, a country and it's legal cititzens.

I'm from TX and honestly TX benefits more from immigration than anything, probably more than other bordering states. Our laws make it very difficult for persons with illegal status to get medical or other benefits. Our housing, farming, and restaurant industry benefit hugely. I'm not saying it's right or wrong, I can see both sides. It gives unskilled and even some skilled laborers the benefit of feeding a family that otherwise they couldn't. Everyone says, well why don't just get legal, but for some being illegal gives them an edge. Once they become legal they have to get paid competitive rates and then some lose out because of racial and language issues.

It isn't a black and white issue.

And it doesn't just effect border states, for this isn't just a hispanic issue.

Today 450,000 marched in Chicago(largest protest march ever in the city), many of which were Polish, Middle-Eastern, etc...

BorderGirl said:
MR. PRESIDENT, I'M HEADED TO MEXICO

Dear President Bush:

I'm about to plan a little trip with my family and extended family, And I would like to ask you to assist me. I'm going to walk across the border from the U.S. into Mexico, and I need to make a few arrangements.
I know you can help with this.

I plan to skip all the legal stuff like visas, passports,
Immigration quotas and laws. I'm sure they handle those things the same way you do here.

It is all bullshit

written by small minded people
for small minded people

it is mean spirited.

I have gone to mexico
dozens of times
and mexico has never require me to present a visa or passport

I just walked over the boarder
and was welcomed with open arms

most of the merchants spoke enough English for me to take advantage of the great bargains
i did not have to pay any taxes to Mexico when I was there
I just used their country and people for my advantage
like all the other Americans I saw there
cheap drugs, cheap booze, cheap clothing, cheap sandals, cheap funiture,
etc.

catlhere said:

If he can do it, I fail to see why so many other people are blatantly refusing to. It makes me ashamed as a Hispanic to see people who are not legal citizens of the country they so "love" demand rights equal to those who are. Especially since half of them I see stopped by news crews to be interviewed either don't know what they are protesting for (quit taking your kids out of schools), or can't even communicate it in proper English (someone actually said "we's Mexicans need equal rights"). I understand that they are important to the economy, and being from a very traditional Hispanic family, I appreciate the things they do for our country and their culture. I'm just fed up with "mi raza" thinking they are owed a free pass to amnesty or citizenship when there are those trying so hard to gain it honestly and fairly.

I am so sick and tired of people ranting about their own success story and how that story means everyone else ought to be able to do it to. If you take that some sort of reasoning, if Kobe Bryant can make two incredible game ending shots in the NBA, then everyone else should be able to as well. Sometimes people land lucky breaks. Sometimes people find themselves in a fairly fortunate situation.
Be proud of your culture. The protesters have done nothing to bring about shame. It's about time the Chicano/a movement become strong.
I have a suggested reading list: Zoot Suit (play by Luis Valdez), Dew on the Thorn (a tough book to get through, but worth it in the end), and To Death Row, Alcatraz, and Back (I've met the author; amazing man).

blueyedpoet said:

I am so sick and tired of people ranting about their own success story and how that story means everyone else ought to be able to do it to. If you take that some sort of reasoning, if Kobe Bryant can make two incredible game ending shots in the NBA, then everyone else should be able to as well. Sometimes people land lucky breaks. Sometimes people find themselves in a fairly fortunate situation.
Be proud of your culture. The protesters have done nothing to bring about shame. It's about time the Chicano/a movement become strong.
I have a suggested reading list: Zoot Suit (play by Luis Valdez), Dew on the Thorn (a tough book to get through, but worth it in the end), and To Death Row, Alcatraz, and Back (I've met the author; amazing man).

:up:

deep said:

It is all bullshit

written by small minded people
for small minded people

it is mean spirited.

I have gone to mexico
dozens of times
and mexico has never require me to present a visa or passport

I just walked over the boarder
and was welcomed with open arms

most of the merchants spoke enough English for me to take advantage of the great bargains
i did not have to pay any taxes to Mexico when I was there
I just used their country and people for my advantage
like all the other Americans I saw there
cheap drugs, cheap booze, cheap clothing, cheap sandals, cheap funiture,
etc.

Some of the stuff written in that letter that you say is written by small minded people is true. We have to change everything around to accomidate immigrants so they could still speak their native language. Granted there are some who make the effort to learn their new homeland language.

and BVS if your suggesting about getting rid of St. Patricks Day, then I am all for it, as long as we get rid of Cinco De Mayo.

Do you know why they welcome you with open arms?? Because the dollar is worth more than the Peso.

blueyedpoet said:
I am so sick and tired of people ranting about their own success story and how that story means everyone else ought to be able to do it to.

Why dont you want to hear success stories, about Immigrants not illegal who made it in this country, went through all the procedures etc.. Don't tell me you only want to hear about Failure.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

Thank Bush...

Bullshit enough for you?

1. The have clinic's run by the state which I have seen illegals go to for medical attention. Correct me if I am wrong but don't hospitals admit patients no matter what??

2. I bet if you read Mexican text books you would only learn about their culture and it would carry false truths like some public high school text books.

3. Aren't licences state issued and the law banning illegals from aquiring was voted by the people. So don't blame Bush. Let me guess your blaming all you problems on Bush right. Your All mighty God GWB.

Back
Top Bottom