Kirk Cameron in league with Tim LaHaye!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Harry Vest

Refugee
Kirk Cameron, as well meaning and as "nice" as he seems to be is in league with Tim LaHaye. This should be the warning sign anybody needs. If there was ever a single man in the history of modern "Christianity" that should be completely investigated and researched it is Lahaye. Take the time and you'll find someone who has had a hand in ALL of what has come to be known as the "Christian Right". You could safely call him the father of the Christian Right. He is a diabolical character who has been slithering in the corridors of politics for decades. He is also the well known author of the "Left Behind" series as well as the financier and architect of the Moral Majority. He sits on boards across America and has access to President Bush any time he wants. This guy is scary. As scary as it comes. His "Christianity" is NOT the Gospel of Jesus Christ although it is masked as this. This may be the closest person that may be sowing the seeds of the Anti-Christ that Jesus and the Prophets spoke of. He is a dangerous man. Comparisons to that of Alfred Rosenberg during the early days of the third reich would not be so far off. I am not saying to believe me on this. Do the research. Realise that this guy is for real and has swayed millions of unsuspecting and some well intentioned "Christians" to his brand of "Christianity". I shudder at the thought of this man. God help us.

He has a great quote in Wikipedia too
"I myself have been a forty-five year student of the centuries-old conspiracy to use government, education, and media to destroy every vestige of Christianity within our society and establish a new world order. Having read at least fifty books on the Illuminati, I am convinced that it exists and can be blamed for many of man's inhumane actions against his fellow man during the past two hundred years."
Crazy, same as are most who believe in apocalypse nonsense.

The great thing about the end times is that they are always just around the corner and believers are always let down, a constant source of amusement all the time.

Who knows, maybe Jesus will slay the anti-Christ the Madhi will come out of the well, the Jews will be knocked off and humanity takes up Islam.

Then again thats just not going to happen ever.

It's not a surprise. He's the protagonist in all the "Left Behind" movies, along with his wife.

(At least that's what I surmise. I see his picture on the DVD boxes.)

The whole idea of the Rapture is quite hilarious, considering it's a 19th century theology--not an idea held by the original Christians.

Melon

melon said:
The whole idea of the Rapture is quite hilarious, considering it's a 19th century theology--not an idea held by the original Christians.

Really?

Then why did 2 Thesselonians answer questions regarding the Rapture as described in 1 Thesselonians?

nbcrusader said:
Really?

Then why did 2 Thesselonians answer questions regarding the Rapture as described in 1 Thesselonians?

You can read into the Bible to support anything you'd like. The fact remains that the Rapture was not a theology of any real importance until the 19th century.

Melon

Perhaps it was ignored to not constitute "a theology of any real importance". Nonetheless, Scripture is very explicit about the Rapture.

O.K. - I'm not sure exactly where I stand on the whole "Rapture" belief...but from a biblical standpoint it seems to speak of something some could interpret as a "rapture" - although no where is the word found. Let's assume there is indeed an event like a "rapture" - from a biblical standpoint Tim LaHaye is a false prophet for he insists that the "rapoture" will happen before the Great Tribulation - the bible is clear that believers WILL be on Earth during the Great Tribulation. Tim LaHaye is spreading a false gospel - that is a gospel contrary to what the bible speaks.
So, from an unbeliever's/agnostic's view Tim LaHaye should be viewed as a dangerous facistic man and from a believer's standpoint Tim LaHaye should be viewed as the false prophet he is. Either way Lahaye is bad news.

blueyedpoet said:
I think it's dangerous for us to assume we can read something in the scriptures that people when it was written didn't see.

And the people of Thesselonica did see and understand the Rapture.

24Jesus told them another parable: "The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field. 25But while everyone was sleeping, his enemy came and sowed weeds among the wheat, and went away. 26When the wheat sprouted and formed heads, then the weeds also appeared.
27"The owner's servants came to him and said, 'Sir, didn't you sow good seed in your field? Where then did the weeds come from?'

28" 'An enemy did this,' he replied.
"The servants asked him, 'Do you want us to go and pull them up?'

29" 'No,' he answered, 'because while you are pulling the weeds, you may root up the wheat with them. 30Let both grow together until the harvest. At that time I will tell the harvesters: First collect the weeds and tie them in bundles to be burned; then gather the wheat and bring it into my barn.' "

did jesus see a ratpure to steal away his wheat?

so when you say 'rapture,' it could be synchronous with the resurrection of the saints? i guess that would beg the question of where believers would need to be raptured to as revelation suggests that god's kingdom will descend to this earth.

Carek1230 said:
What exactly has Kirk Cameron done?

He has done nothing, which is the whole point.

He's probably made thousands doing nothing.

maybe millions?

I don't know.

It's the best money making scheme I can think of.

Kirk Cameron has done nothing - except the fact that he's publicly aligned himself with Tim LaHaye and also is the key star in the film versions of LaHaye's "Left Behind" series. The reason for the title of the thread was to have a little fun with the title and the "in league with" thing. This does not mean you shouldn't take this man very seriously. He's nuts!!!

Tim LaHaye has made a few million dollars with his books on the end times.

I hope he enjoys the benifits of his false teaching.

I am a Christian and I think he is all wrong on his end time view.

Back
Top Bottom