In the Spirit of John 15:17 I dare both Repulicans/Democrats and Non US - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-04-2002, 11:06 PM   #16
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by z edge

But I don't understand why so many of you all (maybe not you personally Basstrap) will be the first in line to take swings at Bush when the topic comes up, given you have your own government to contend with.
because its in my face every day! its hard to ignore it and I'm opt saying we should.

I just find it a little tiresome that we are educated so much in US culture and US history and the US in turn pretty much ignore everyone else

that GENERALIZING a lot I know

Old 08-04-2002, 11:20 PM   #17
She's the One

Local Time: 11:30 AM

Ok, we thought of some:

1. He never looks like a slob. He dresses neatly and has good taste in clothing.

2. He makes late night TV funnier.

3. That's My Bush is a funnier show than That's My Gore probably would have been.

4. He stays out of the way so the folks who really run the country can do their jobs.

5. He looks worried when bad things happen.

It took three of us to come up with these things.

Old 08-05-2002, 05:27 PM   #18
I serve MacPhisto

Local Time: 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Basstrap

because its in my face every day! its hard to ignore it and I'm opt saying we should.

I just find it a little tiresome that we are educated so much in US culture and US history and the US in turn pretty much ignore everyone else

that GENERALIZING a lot I know

Yes it is generalizing .

Can you imagine another country as diverse as America? With as many different nationalities that we open our doors to do you really think we ignore other cultures?
Old 08-05-2002, 06:39 PM   #19
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Basstrap
well, I think non US people should just talk about their own governments.
It irks me that you and manyother americans think we should all care about your political leaders and movers when I doubt you could name 2, 3 or maybe even any canadian prime ministers.
1) Jean Chrétien
2) Kim Campbell
3) Brian Mulroney
4) Pierre Trudeau
5) John MacDonald

*sluuuurp*

Melon
Old 08-05-2002, 06:41 PM   #20
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:30 PM
Thank you Pax and Martha.
Mr Z-
Im sorry plez list 5 things about Presidsent Clinton here
1:arrow:
2:arrow:
3:arrow:
4:arrow:
5:arrow:

thank you-
:arrow: db9
Old 08-05-2002, 06:43 PM   #21
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by melon

1) Jean Chrétien
2) Kim Campbell
3) Brian Mulroney
4) Pierre Trudeau
5) John MacDonald

*sluuuurp*

Melon
Mr Melon Esquire-
And YOUR 5 PRO Bush statements would be please?

DB9
Old 08-05-2002, 07:05 PM   #22
ONE
love, blood, life

Here I attempt:

1) Bush gives inspiration that *anyone* can be president, no matter what kind of mental handicap.
2) He proves that he can wage an effective propaganda war domestically, whereas people will willingly throw away their rights for any semblance of security.
3) He proves how easy it is to court the Christian Right just by having the title "Republican" next to your party affiliation, despite the fact that he outright ignores most of their pleas.
4) He knows how to simultaneously wage war on old political enemies while doing bipartisan business, as when he busted the labor union in the creation of the Homeland Security department for "security purposes."
5) He makes me feel very intelligent every time he opens his mouth.

Melon
Old 08-05-2002, 07:32 PM   #23
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by melon
Here I attempt:

Melon
Melon-
Now was that in the Spirt of John 15:17
or
The Spirit of Melon?
DB9
Old 08-05-2002, 07:32 PM   #24
Refugee

[QUOTE[
Can you imagine another country as diverse as America? With as many different nationalities that we open our doors to do you really think we ignore other cultures? [/QUOTE]

Canada.

I will guarentee you that there is not other country in the world so ethnically diverse then Canada. The US would probably be very close to Canada but i've been to both counties and can see the differences. I'm not talking about big cities only, small farm comunties are very multicultural. Canada is not a melting pot, as the US is. Canadians are very open to what each persons culture is. If you ever ask a Canadian 'what they are' i'd say 75% of them would say Irish or German or Chinese.

In America they expect everyone to become AMERICAN. When you become a American citizen you loss a piece of your old way of life. Here in Canada I think we embrace it alot more. Hey we are bi-lingual are'nt we?
Old 08-05-2002, 09:11 PM   #25
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

OK. I thought of one nice thing to say about Bush. He seems like a warmer, friendlier person than his father. Of course that's not saying much.
Old 08-05-2002, 09:28 PM   #26
ONE
love, blood, life

Normal

Quote:
Originally posted by Bono's shades
OK. I thought of one nice thing to say about Bush. He seems like a warmer, friendlier person than his father. Of course that's not saying much.
Now thats a start
DB9
Old 08-05-2002, 09:28 PM   #27
I serve MacPhisto

Local Time: 01:30 PM
Melon,
I should have expected you to start up the misbehavior once Achtung Bubba left.

Typical.

Bonoman Or whomever;
I think you are missing the point. However, if you ever go into a public place in AMERICA, you will see the signs in every language. We do expect everyone to be American to an extent. If they don't like it, then they can Freaking LEAVE!!!

And we bend over backwards to accomodate folks from every nationality. You cannot call a big corporation in America without being asked by the tele-prompt if you would like to speak to an English or Spanish person before you ever talk to them. That is just one example, there are many.

Diamond;
A year ago I would have humored your ridiculous request in this thread. You should have expected to get this type of response here from all of the Bush-haters.

I would expect no less from Melon though. Melon professes to hating Bush no matter what he will do. Melon does not care he is going to hate him anyway.

You want to know how I feel about Clinton?

:arrow:He is on the radio telling folks how he never blamed Bush #41 for the deaths of U.S. serviceman in Somalia. Yet his tone and the demeanor in which he stated this were clear that he was blaming George H. W. Bush, who sent the troops there in december before Clinton took office. Hmmmmm, perhaps if Mr. Clinton would have permitted the use of APC's(armored Personnel carriers) then those men would have gotten out of there alive. Instead, he denied the use of the APC's and we lost 18 of our boys.

:arrow:Clinton-Gore now seem to have had a contingency plan for Al-Queda prior to the end of Clinton's term and Gore's loss to Bush. However, they did not go after Al Queda because they didn't want to seem as though they were trying to influence / promote the Gore campaign with war. Hmmm, so the lives of 3000 Americans were less important than the Gore campaign?

:arrow:Mr. Clinton claimed to have the best economy and unemployment rates in comparison to 12 years of Reagan-Bush. Yet the economy as we know it know was sinking like the Titanic before we knew who would win the Bush-McCain primaries. Notice how many of our young college graduates were making $7.00 per hour (about the same as unemployment pays out) under the Clinton administration.

:arrow:Clinton had Osama Bin Laden's head on a platter, offered to him by Sudan:

His response?

The man who is behind the following:
*1993 World Trade Center bombing
*1993 attempted assasination of President George H. W. Bush
*1996 Bombing of barracks at Khobar Towers, Saudi Arabia
*1998 U.S. Embasy Bombing
*2000 U.S.S. Cole Bombing
*2001 September 11

His response? :arrow: Monica Lewinsky

:arrowuring the Clinton legacy, we have images of 8 years of leading by example in deceit, fraud, free terrorism, adultery, not to mention a society run rampant in the increase in; gang violence, murder, increase drug trafficking, school shooting rampages, and pardoning all of our criminal relatives, friends, and contributors.
Old 08-05-2002, 09:49 PM   #28
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 11:30 AM

melon maybe you should have just not posted in this thread.
Old 08-05-2002, 09:51 PM   #29
pax
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:30 PM
You know, this was supposed to be a *nice* thread, where we say *nice* things about people.

I'm not speaking to anyone, or any party affiliation, in particular here.

Join Amnesty.
Old 08-05-2002, 10:35 PM   #30
ONE
love, blood, life

Will somebody post the text of John 15:17?
thx
db9