Hamas "learns" from the US and Israel - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-14-2003, 04:20 PM   #46
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 10:20 PM
Why do innocent Palestinian civilians get hurt?

This says a lot!

[Q]Palestinian youths watch as militants open fire towards Israeli forces during an Israeli army operation in the Rafah refugee camp in the southern Gaza Strip (news - web sites), Tuesday, Oct. 14, 2003. Dozens of armored Israel Defense Forces vehicles reentered the camp early Tuesday in the latest operation to uncover arms-smuggling tunnels Palestinians use, according to the army. (AP Photo/Khalil Hamra) [/Q]

Old 10-14-2003, 05:12 PM   #47
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:20 PM
They were probably trying to stop the guy with the mask and gun.....

Old 10-14-2003, 06:00 PM   #48
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:20 AM
Why do some Palestinians resort to violence against Israelis? Could have something to do with the 8 people killed and the 1200 made homeless by the actions of the Israeli army this week.
Old 10-14-2003, 06:13 PM   #49
ONE
love, blood, life

Why did the Israelis have to go in there in the first place?

---edit---

never mind
Old 10-14-2003, 11:37 PM   #50
ONE
love, blood, life

Well if we are going to quote Article 51 of the Geneva Convention lets not leave out the part which makes it 100% illegal to camoflague or hide military targets amongst civilian populations. Using civilians to shield oneself from attack is 100% inviolation of the Geneva Conventions. Therefore, the military action that Israel has been forced to take to protect itself is legal since the para-military/terrorist organization is shielding itself from punishment by hiding its tunnels in civililian areas and its masked soldiers as in the picture I posted above.

Please, if you are going to quote a document, how about not just selctively taking out of context the one or two portions that support your case. Looking at the whole document, Israel under Article 51 Section 7 is clearly justified.

[Q]Protocol Additional to the Geneva Conventions of 12 August 1949, and relating to the Protection of Victims of International Armed Conflicts (Protocol I), 8 June 1977.

7. The presence or movements of the civilian population or individual civilians shall not be used to render certain points or areas immune from military operations, in particular in attempts to shield military objectives from attacks or to shield, favour or impede military operations. The Parties to the conflict shall not direct the movement of the civilian population or individual civilians in order to attempt to shield military objectives from attacks or to shield military operations.

[/Q]
Old 10-16-2003, 09:37 PM   #51
The Fly

Local Time: 03:20 AM
Heyyy , I like how you post pix that don't have an explanation, and you just assume them...

I dear you to look at these pix...
http://www.jerusalem.indymedia.org/n...2/04/14101.php

this is a forum, and if you scroll down you see some pretty disturbing pix....

i wonder what this child deserved?
Old 10-16-2003, 09:54 PM   #52
ONE
love, blood, life

I very infrequently assume anything. I have been a member of this board for a year and I think most would agree with that. I spend quite a bit of time making sure I am not assuming anything.
Old 10-16-2003, 10:05 PM   #53
ONE
love, blood, life

One thing though, you asked a question about Palestinian violence. The pictures I posted demonstrate that there is a culture that is raising their children to become perpetrators of violence. The pictures demonstrate that.

Now the other picture I posted, demostrates clearly that Palestinian Terrorists hide among civilians, which is illegal, and fire their weapons. Now if God forbid, return fire from Israeli police kills an innocent victim, that is not the Israeli's fault. Clearly based on the Geneva conventions, the Palestinian Terrorist is responsible for the death.

I did post the AP caption for the picture from 2 days ago. I usually do post the caption with pictures that I find however, I did not feel captions were necessary for the pictured of the children being raised to hate.
Old 10-16-2003, 10:21 PM   #54
Blue Crack Addict

Amna, I suggest that if you want to show an unbiased opinion, that you not post a link to a page on a nationalist, extremely anti-Israeli pro-Hamas Palestinian newspaper. Some headlines off the front page, if I may:

"The Zionist Terrorism file"

"Israel is hereby accused"

"Israel imposes racist marriage law"

"Militants are pawns in efforts to free Arafat from Muqata"

"New Israeli Violations of RoadMap"

"Israel's Apartheid Wall: Environmental Disaster in Palestine"

"URGENT APPEAL: ABNAA EL BALLAD LEADERS ARRESTED!"

If you want to present an unbiased opinion, as you yourself so highly tout and urge us all to have, don't use a source like this. Practice what you preach.