GOP Nominee 2012 - Who Will It Be?, Pt. 4 - Page 8 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-23-2012, 03:19 PM   #106
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:52 PM
I did watch the debate last night

and I did not really recall Romney sounding or looking bitter during the last question, I guest each of us can draw our own conclusions

there is a clip of it in this link

Romney Scolds CNN's King: 'You Get to Ask the Questions You Want, I Get to Give the Answers I Want' | NewsBusters.org

a longer clip would show that he does eventuall address the question

Quote:
the biggest misconception about you?” Taking a page out of early Gingrich’s book, Romney treated it like a gotcha question: “you ask the questions you want– I give the answers I want.” He then proceeded to make the point that America needs “someone to lead the country” and said something about the Olympics. “If people think there is something else in my background, that they don’t want to vote for me, that’s up to them,” he continued, alluding perhaps to Obamacare.

Old 02-23-2012, 07:31 PM   #107
Blue Crack Addict

First Read - Rubio's Mormon past revealed

Old 02-23-2012, 09:30 PM   #108
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 07:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
i'd be inclined to disagree. while youth and energy are always admired because they inspire things like, say, hope, i think there's a recognition that people just don't age in the way that they used to even 20 years ago. many people remain sharp and vital and at their best well into their 70s.
Oh, definitely. If I like a candidate I'm voting for them, age be damned.

But...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
that said, i'm all for younger candidates so we can get beyond this Baby Boomer/Vietnam paralysis. i'd hoped Obama would be able to do that.
Yes. This would be nice, too. I'd just like to look at Congress and see a little more variety-not just in age, but in gender and race and so on as well. And younger candidates are generally likely to get younger voters, because, well, they feel like the candidate has some idea of what their generation's concerned with.
Old 02-24-2012, 10:42 AM   #109
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:52 PM
During a 2008 “Press & People of Faith in Politics” forum, Rick Santorum described to the Democratic Party as “the party of Woodstock,” and accused lawmakers of “prey[ing] upon our most basic primal lusts.” Asked to name a couple of words he’d heard attached to religion and politics in his years in the Senate, Santorum listed “moderate,” “ultra-conservative,” “liberal,” and “zealous” before launching into a full-on tirade against Democrats:

“Woodstock is the great American orgy. This is who the Democratic Party has become. They have become the party of Woodstock. The prey upon our most basic primal lusts, and that’s sex. And the whole abortion culture, it’s not about life. It’s about sexual freedom. That’s what it’s about. Homosexuality. It’s about sexual freedom.”
Old 02-24-2012, 10:51 AM   #110
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Wow, this guy is not only delusional but also stuck in another decade.
Old 02-24-2012, 10:57 AM   #111
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
“Woodstock is the great American orgy. This is who the Democratic Party has become. They have become the party of Woodstock. The prey upon our most basic primal lusts, and that’s sex. And the whole abortion culture, it’s not about life. It’s about sexual freedom. That’s what it’s about. Homosexuality. It’s about sexual freedom.”

Quote:
. For a few decades we had knockdown, drag-out fights about how the sexual revolution was going to shake out, but now it’s sort of a done deal.

We’ve reached a national consensus. People in the educated class talk like social progressives and behave like traditionalists. People in the less educated classes talk like social conservatives and behave like libertines. Nearly everybody is cool with things like contraception. Most people want to restrict abortion without making it impossible and we’re kind of exhausted by the fight that never goes anywhere.

To me the thing that took the stuffing out of the culture wars is that the social fabric began to repair. Teenage pregnancy rates are down. Abortion rates are down. Crime is down. There are problems with the social fabric but they no longer have to do with the sexual revolution.

When Rick Santorum talks about this stuff in the way he does, it’s theology, not sociology. And believe me, there are very few Americans who are strongly theological, even the ones who attend services every week. ~ David Brooks

Who Decided That This Election Should Be About Sex? - NYTimes.com

i know quite a few people who were saved from this conservative cycle of unprotected sex, early pregnancy, quick marriage, unhappy marriage, affairs, divorce, second marriage, second pregnancy, second divorce, only by the fact that they were gay.

i kind of love that.
Old 02-24-2012, 08:34 PM   #112
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Wow, this guy is not only delusional but also stuck in another decade.
I was going to say...what the hell kind of calendar does he have up in his house?

Irvine, that bolded part in your quote from Brooks there is interesting. I think it's pretty spot on, too. I think progressively, but my own lifestyle could definitely be perceived as rather traditional. And I know some conservative people who would have to take a long, hard look in the mirror before they go around judging others for their "sins".
Old 02-24-2012, 08:36 PM   #113
The Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
abstinence is second best,
the cheapest AND most effective form of birth control, is being a regular Rush Limbaugh listener.
Or thinking of Rush Limbaugh during the act.

Now.
Old 02-24-2012, 08:40 PM   #114
Blue Crack Addict

Ugh. Please. I'm trying to eat here, people.
Old 02-25-2012, 02:27 PM   #115
ONE
love, blood, life

Any of you contribute to Santorum's C.U.M.?

https://www.ricksantorum.com/unite/
Old 02-25-2012, 02:42 PM   #116
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post
Santorum's C.U.M.
Isn't that kind of redundant?
Old 02-25-2012, 04:07 PM   #117
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post
Any of you contribute to Santorum's C.U.M.?

https://www.ricksantorum.com/unite/
the theme is consistent

Quote:
HELP US RAISE

donate today
the volunteer intern that set up that website must be a writer for Southpark.
Old 02-25-2012, 10:22 PM   #118
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 02:52 AM

μελετώ αποτυγχάνειν. -- Διογένης της Σινώπης
Old 02-25-2012, 10:53 PM   #119
Blue Crack Addict

Immature, I know, but I can't help it .

I find it weird Ron Paul was listed as "other".
Old 02-26-2012, 01:47 AM   #120
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I still can't get over the fact that New Gingrich won a state's primary because he cheated on his wives.

Step 1: Cheat on Wives
Step 2: Dodge question by yelling at moderator asking question and going off on a diatribe against the media
Step 3: Win primary

Gotta admit, the guy knows that his base acts like petulant children as much as he does.