GOP Nominee 2012 - Who Will It Be?, Pt. 4 - Page 53 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-01-2012, 09:25 PM   #781
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 04:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by financeguy

Go fuck yourself, you sad little man.
Also out of line.

Both of you know better. Discuss and/or attack the position, not the person.

Old 06-17-2012, 10:53 AM   #782
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:09 AM
You gotta love Mitt's childlike wonderment at all his new discoveries of how the little people live. See Mitt, it's like when you push buttons for your car elevator in your mansion in La Jolla. Or maybe you pay someone to do that for you. So eliminating a human cashier is good for the economy?

By Holly Bailey, Yahoo! News | The Ticket

CORNWALL, Penn.—At the final stop on his bus tour here, Mitt Romney expressed confidence that he'll win Pennsylvania this November.

"I am going to win Pennsylvania," the Republican nominee told a crowd of several hundred people at the Cornwall Iron Furnace, a historic foundry that once was the source of cannonballs and other iron products.

But Romney nearly alienated some in his audience by dipping a toe into what has been a tense local debate among Pennsylvanians for years: Wawa or Sheetz?

The question of which Pennsylvania-based convenience store/sandwich chain is better has divided residents here for years. But that did not deter Romney, who had visited his first Wawa earlier in the day, from polling his audience on where they get their sandwiches.

"Where do you get your hoagies here? Do you get them at Wawas? Is that where you get them?" Romney asked.

"NOOO!" several members of the audience shouted in response.

Romney grinned. "No? You get them at Sheetz?" he said.

When the audience replied in the negative again, Romney seemed surprised. "No?" he said. "Where do you get them?"

As his audience threw out names of local delis in response, Romney paused and then proceeded to tell the audience about his trip to Wawa—acknowledging that it might be a tense topic for some in his audience.

"I'm sorry," he said. "I know it's a very big state divide."

But Romney said his visit there had been "instructive" because it personified the difference between innovation in the private sector and the ability of the government to do its job.

What inspired him: A computer at Wawa that allows customers to type in what they want on a sandwich, as opposed to ordering it through a human cashier. It was a technology, he said, that had been fostered by competition—competition he said the federal government lacks in delivering its services to Americans. He said the government's lack of competition and bureaucracy was hurting the United States in keeping jobs that are moving to other countries.

But more than anything, Romney seemed blown away by the Wawa computers, which he raved about.

"You press a little touchtone key pad… You touch this, touch this, touch this, go pay the cashier, and there's your sandwich," Romney said. "It's amazing!"

Old 06-17-2012, 11:25 AM   #783
Blue Crack Addict

Those touch screens at Wawa are great. So much better than Subway, where they judge you for not wanting cheese on a meatball hoagie.
Old 06-17-2012, 04:09 PM   #784
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Even President Obama must have chuckled at that as he commuted from George Clooney's $40,000/person Hollywood fundraiser to Sarah Jessica Parker's $40,000/person Hollywood fundraiser.
Old 06-19-2012, 09:08 AM   #785
Blue Crack Addict

That's Barack Hussein Kardashian for ya

Mitt doesn't take any money from celebrities? It's just kept on the down low cause it's not cool in Hollywood to support Republicans. There's probably a secret weekly meeting of Mitt supporters somewhere near the Hollywood sign. Or in La Jolla. They eat hoagies and push buttons and say "it's amazing!". And make fun of George Clooney and SJP behind their backs.
Old 06-19-2012, 04:52 PM   #786
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
You gotta love Mitt's childlike wonderment at all his new discoveries of how the little people live. See Mitt, it's like when you push buttons for your car elevator in your mansion in La Jolla. Or maybe you pay someone to do that for you. So eliminating a human cashier is good for the economy?
MSNBC Romney Edit Draws Fire; Andrea Mitchell Briefly Addresses Controversy (VIDEO)

And you wonder why I asked you to please reference the source of your articles a few months back. Because of this crap.

MSNBC... again, and yet it's Fox News that gets the thread 51 pages long and running.

And since I'm grumpy, where's the "let's talk issues" police that flag me for talking about Obama's radical associations when the subject turns to Mitt's car elevators?
Old 06-19-2012, 05:08 PM   #787
Blue Crack Addict

1. Mitt is calling it "Wawa's." Huffington Post is calling it WaWa. It is neither. It is Wawa. It's named after a local town where the store originated and its headquarters are located.

2. Mrs. S is incorrect. It is not eliminating a human cashier. Think of when you go to a local deli and you take a number and wait for a person behind the glass to get your meats and cheese. Instead of doing that, you enter in what you want on the touch screen and you get a receipt. Your order ends up on a queue on a computer screen for the people making the food behind the glass. Then you can take your receipt, continue shopping, pay for everything all at once at the normal cashier, and when you're done, it'll be right around the time they have your sandwich ready. No jobs are lost, it just makes getting the food more convenient.

In the picture, you can see the touch screens and then the screens on the other side showing all the orders that need to be made for the employees. The register is on the other side of the store, where they do employ cashiers.

The place also has great prices on gasoline and cigarettes. It's pretty much the best thing we do here in PA.

3. The edit is pretty disingenuous, since it totally obscured his point. His point was to make this about private-versus-public using a local example. Obviously, it's slightly cheap political talk, but it's certainly par for the course. The edit is clearly meant to make it seem that he never goes to the store to buy food.
Old 06-19-2012, 05:22 PM   #788
Blue Crack Supplier

shouldn't you be pointing to Fox's comparatively enormous viewership as not just the proof positive that conservative ideas are way more entertaining and salacious than liberal ones but also the reason for the increased scrutiny? that along with their consistent track record? who do you mean to indict other than a bunch of U2 fans who, surprisingly, aren't entirely colonized by Ailes?
Old 06-19-2012, 09:07 PM   #789
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDY500 View Post
MSNBC Romney Edit Draws Fire; Andrea Mitchell Briefly Addresses Controversy (VIDEO)

And you wonder why I asked you to please reference the source of your articles a few months back. Because of this crap.

MSNBC... again, and yet it's Fox News that gets the thread 51 pages long and running.

And since I'm grumpy, where's the "let's talk issues" police that flag me for talking about Obama's radical associations when the subject turns to Mitt's car elevators?
It says Yahoo news, do you not see that? I'm not clairvoyant, so I can't tell if yahoo stole it from MSNBC. I can't be bothered to read the MSNBC link-I have a colossal headache and shoulder pain and frankly I don't give a rat's butt. Some people are into grumpy gotcha back and forth here, not me. This used to be an enjoyable place for me, it isn't anymore and hasn't been for quite a while.

Mitt's care elevator is an issue for ME, because it's perfectly symbolic for ME of who he is.. that he's never had to struggle financially for a single thing. I know, and I don't have to reference any source, the type of politician he is because he was the governor of MA- not Indiana. So dare I say that I do know more than you do about that. I know his m o and I'm not impressed. Ditto for the job he did as governor. Did I think he was the least offensive candidate? Yes, but a smaller piece of horse crap in a big steaming pile of horse crap is still a piece of horse crap. He never made my life better then and he's not going to do it now. If I thought he could make one iota of difference in this country as President, I might actually be tempted to vote for him-even though I disagree with most of (if not all, if I actually cared enough to research all of them) his positions on issues and think he's pretty much a hypocritical fake opportunist.

I don't have a car, an elevator, or an elevator for my car. The biggest splurge I've made recently was a nice pair of sandals on the clearance rack at DSW for 17 dollars after three coupons. I have to enjoy the simple pleasures in life, and honestly most days I struggle to find a reason to want to get up the next day. Everyone's got problems and many people have it worse off than I do. I don't begrudge Mitt one cent of his wealth or expect him to give me any of it, believe it or not. Good for him. I question how he made it at Bain, what went on there. He's one of many who made lots o' money off of people losing their jobs. But he's a master job creator. And I do know that he can't relate to someone like me at all, despite all his two bit embarrassingly laughable attempts to be "real" and "regular". That I know instinctively, without CNN MSNBC or Fox.

So that's pretty much it. You are free to start a 51 page thread about MSNBC, no one's stopping you. I'll look up some news stories about them and reference the sources. I don't watch MSNBC at all, I read and walk and watch my tv shows and sports.
Old 06-19-2012, 09:54 PM   #790
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
I don't have a car, an elevator, or an elevator for my car.
My favorite line of one of my favorite posts of yours, Mrs. S.

Hang in there . ..
Old 06-19-2012, 10:06 PM   #791
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:09 AM
I have a couple of friends that have elevators for their cars.
you see it occasionally where land values are very high, such as ocean front in California
Old 06-19-2012, 10:12 PM   #792
Blue Crack Addict

What the hell is a car elevator?
Old 06-19-2012, 10:42 PM   #793
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilsFan View Post
What the hell is a car elevator?
I was wondering the same thing.

I'm guessing cars are stored in some vast underground lair and are brought up to ground level on the elevator?
Old 06-19-2012, 10:43 PM   #794
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

When you think about it, that would make Mitt Romney like Batman.

Sort of.

Well, a little bit anyway.
Old 06-19-2012, 10:43 PM   #795
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

And Obama would be the Joker. . .

aha, got there ahead of you INDY!