GOP Nominee 2012 - Who Will It Be?, Pt. 4 - Page 52 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-01-2012, 06:43 PM   #766
ONE
love, blood, life
 
financeguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Ireland
Posts: 10,122
Local Time: 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilsFan View Post
No politicians have principles. But you have to discuss these things in context. Everything is relative inside the political vacuum of DC.
That's not true. Ron Paul and Dennis Kucinch have principles.

And I would argue with anyone, even though I wouldn't expect them to agree with me, that Richard Nixon had principles. LBJ, mean old bastard that he was, had principles. He promised to fulfill Kennedy's mandate and he did it, every single bit - and more.

Nixon, LBJ, Robert Kennedy even, were, so to speak, honest gangsters. Everyone knew they were gangsters but still voted for them. Everyone knew deals had been done and votes and been bought - because that was just the way it worked.

Its the modern shiny suit politicians that we need to be careful of. Obama, Edwards, Cameron, Sarkozy, Blair - all those silver tongued, well-groomed assholes. The ones that promise hopey changey stuff. The PR & marketing industry has a lot to answer for, is all I'd say.
__________________

__________________
financeguy is offline  
Old 06-01-2012, 07:29 PM   #767
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,655
Local Time: 05:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by financeguy View Post
That's not true. Ron Paul and Dennis Kucinch have principles.
You really do live in a dream world.

If by some miracle Ron Paul ever got elected he would have to make the most compromises out of everyone. It's part of the reason he can run on such a platform, he knows he'll never get the seat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by financeguy View Post

As for those who asked me why I think Obama has no core principles, where to start?

Gitmo? Iraq? Wall Street money?

Where, precisely, have you people been?
You can still have principles and be realistic. Reality is that compromise is part of the job. It's a job like no other, in a time like no other.

Gitmo - reality is that it was already put in place, sometimes undoing something is harder than enacting something. It's why the Affordable Care Act will not be repealed, at least not overnight. It's just a platform for Republicans to run on. Hell Romney's the architect, he doesn't want it repealed.

Iraq - where precisely have you been? Did you really think this was going to happen overnight? Really?

Wall Street Money - well he's done more than previous presidents, but not enough. Wall Street has had a grip on Washington for decades, you don't stop something that is that intertwined overnight.

So let's come back to reality and truly discuss these issues rather than posture about platitudes.
__________________

__________________
BVS is offline  
Old 06-01-2012, 07:51 PM   #768
ONE
love, blood, life
 
financeguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Ireland
Posts: 10,122
Local Time: 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
You really do live in a dream world.

If by some miracle Ron Paul ever got elected he would have to make the most compromises out of everyone. It's part of the reason he can run on such a platform, he knows he'll never get the seat.



You can still have principles and be realistic. Reality is that compromise is part of the job. It's a job like no other, in a time like no other.

Gitmo - reality is that it was already put in place, sometimes undoing something is harder than enacting something. It's why the Affordable Care Act will not be repealed, at least not overnight. It's just a platform for Republicans to run on. Hell Romney's the architect, he doesn't want it repealed.

Iraq - where precisely have you been? Did you really think this was going to happen overnight? Really?

Wall Street Money - well he's done more than previous presidents, but not enough. Wall Street has had a grip on Washington for decades, you don't stop something that is that intertwined overnight.

So let's come back to reality and truly discuss these issues rather than posture about platitudes.

Facts? Good, lets address them. I'm glad you've come around to a fact-based analysis.

Obama was backed by Wall street money all the way, that's why he got in.

Under Bush 1, not that I am particularly a fan of the man, but just to point out, literally hundreds of ex S&L executives went to jail - these are the facts. Under Obama - zero, zilch, nada.

Obama never misses an opportunity to suck up to his financiers from Wall Street, hell, when the JP Morgan cock-up came out recently, his response was, they are a very good and well-run bank. Even Bush II said Wall Street went crazy. Bush II introduced legislation to deal with corporate fraud - quite a few senior executives went to jail during his tenure.

Obama is so blatantly, obviously, demonstrably, corrupt its practically unreal.
__________________
financeguy is offline  
Old 06-01-2012, 07:58 PM   #769
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,655
Local Time: 05:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by financeguy

Facts? Good, lets address them I'm glad you've come around to a fact-based analysis.

Obama was backed by Wall street money all the way, that's why he got in.

Under Bush 1, not that I am particularly a fan of the man, but just to point out, literally hundreds of ex S&L executives went to jail - these are the facts. Under Obama - zero, zilch, nada.

Obama never misses an opportunity to suck up to his financiers from Wall Street, hell, when the JP Morgan cock-up came out recently, his response was, they are a very good and well-run bank. Even Bush II said Wall Street went crazy. Bush II introduced legislation to deal with corporate fraud - quite a few senior executives went to jail during his tenure.

Obama is so blatantly, obviously, demonstrably, corrupt its practically, unreal.
If you want to start talking facts I'll be more than glad to engage. But you're gonna have to show tighter correlations than this.

You can't just say 'none have gone to prison' without showing evidence that there should have been and a blind eye was turned. If you want to discuss then let's do it like educated adults, not conjecture and conspiracy theories.
__________________
BVS is offline  
Old 06-01-2012, 08:04 PM   #770
ONE
love, blood, life
 
financeguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Ireland
Posts: 10,122
Local Time: 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
If you want to start talking facts I'll be more than glad to engage. But you're gonna have to show tighter correlations than this.

You can't just say 'none have gone to prison' without showing evidence that there should have been and a blind eye was turned. If you want to discuss then let's do it like educated adults, not conjecture and conspiracy theories.
We've been here before, haven't we? We know how this movie ends.

- BVS asks for evidence.

- Evidence is produced

- BVS ignores evidence, engages in ad hominems, questions motives of researchers producing said evidence on the basis of something allegedly objectionable they said 80 years ago and/or accuses said researchers of being conspiracy theorists or suspected GOP voters, changes subject, yada yada yada

- Ad lib to fade

If you really and truly want me to produce the evidence and promise to take it seriously and not filtered through your bias, then, fine, but I'm not bothered otherwise.
__________________
financeguy is offline  
Old 06-01-2012, 08:12 PM   #771
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,655
Local Time: 05:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by financeguy

We've been here before, haven't we? We know how this movie ends.

- BVS asks for evidence.

- Evidence is produced

- BVS ignores evidence, engages in ad hominems, changes subject, yada yada

- Ad lib to fade

If you really and truly want me to produce the evidence and promise to take it seriously and not filtered through your bias, then, fine, but I'm not bothered otherwise.
If you're not capable or ready then fine, but I'm not going to play this childish game with you of talking about me in third person throughout the forum.

If you don't want to engage with me or produce evidence when I ask then engage with others and fulfill their requests. Don't pretend it's just me asking.
__________________
BVS is offline  
Old 06-01-2012, 08:14 PM   #772
ONE
love, blood, life
 
financeguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Ireland
Posts: 10,122
Local Time: 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
If you're not capable or ready then fine, but I'm not going to play this childish game with you of talking about me in third person throughout the forum.

If you don't want to engage with me or produce evidence when I ask then engage with others and fulfill their requests. Don't pretend it's just me asking.
Yeah, thought so. You're basically a moral coward.

< Makes mental note not to view posts from people that one already has put on ignore list. Reminds self to trust earlier, and correct, instinct >.
__________________
financeguy is offline  
Old 06-01-2012, 08:16 PM   #773
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,655
Local Time: 05:03 AM
You need help
__________________
BVS is offline  
Old 06-01-2012, 08:24 PM   #774
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 16,272
Local Time: 06:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by financeguy View Post
T

Its the modern shiny suit politicians that we need to be careful of. Obama, Edwards, Cameron, Sarkozy, Blair - all those silver tongued, well-groomed assholes.
Good thing Mitt isn't anything like that.
__________________
anitram is offline  
Old 06-01-2012, 08:25 PM   #775
ONE
love, blood, life
 
financeguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Ireland
Posts: 10,122
Local Time: 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
You need help
Go fuck yourself, you sad little man.
__________________
financeguy is offline  
Old 06-01-2012, 08:34 PM   #776
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,655
Local Time: 05:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by financeguy

Go fuck yourself, you sad little man.
Say what you will about my posting style, but I don't lower myself to this.

Goodnight.
__________________
BVS is offline  
Old 06-01-2012, 08:35 PM   #777
War Child
 
Caleb8844's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 662
Local Time: 05:03 AM
Came kind of close with the "you need help " though.
__________________
Caleb8844 is offline  
Old 06-01-2012, 08:37 PM   #778
ONE
love, blood, life
 
financeguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Ireland
Posts: 10,122
Local Time: 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb8844 View Post
Came kind of close with the "you need help " though.
Yeah, he does it all the time. Ok, I fell for his game which I shouldn't have but one tires of the constant goading and sniping.
__________________
financeguy is offline  
Old 06-01-2012, 08:47 PM   #779
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,655
Local Time: 05:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb8844
Came kind of close with the "you need help " though.
It was personal yes, and I shouldn't have. But I think someone calling someone names like "moral coward" because they ask you to engage more intelligently does need help.
__________________
BVS is offline  
Old 06-01-2012, 09:24 PM   #780
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator
 
Diemen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Somewhere in middle America
Posts: 13,234
Local Time: 05:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS
You need help
Out of line.
__________________

__________________
Diemen is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com