GOP Nominee 2012 - Who Will It Be?, Pt. 4 - Page 14 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-02-2012, 06:26 PM   #196
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:34 AM
Rush is like a gift that keeps on giving. You'd almost think he's a plant for the left.

I have said it several times here before - please Republicans (including your leader Rush), keep talking about contraception. All the way until November.

They used to be better at winning.

Old 03-02-2012, 06:48 PM   #197
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 06:34 AM
They've gotten too set in their pattern. This sort of talk used to win them elections in the past. But the country's getting wise and realizing that their "social conservatism" doesn't help people get jobs any faster.

Old 03-02-2012, 07:29 PM   #198
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:34 AM
Where there's smoke, there's fire.

I don't know anything about Sandra Fluke
I am (somewhat) familiar with sluts and prostitutes

perhaps she is a trollop, a bit slutty,

did she bring this upon herself?

we should all just watch the testimony that got this whole ball rolling,
I know a slut and a prostitute, when I see one. (and more importantly, the difference)

Old 03-02-2012, 07:30 PM   #199
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 01:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlit_Angel View Post
They've gotten too set in their pattern. This sort of talk used to win them elections in the past. But the country's getting wise and realizing that their "social conservatism" doesn't help people get jobs any faster.
i'm not sure.

although the us is in the best state it's been in since i was at university (now there's some poor framing!), there's basically no talk of things improving. it's all santorum wants in your business and obama is a commienazi.
Old 03-02-2012, 08:53 PM   #200
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
Old 03-03-2012, 03:24 AM   #201
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:34 AM
Ugh, look at that liberal, feminist entitlement dripping form those slutty lips, eh, Indy?

Response: Pelosi, Pelosi, Pelosi! Al Gore!
Old 03-03-2012, 10:17 AM   #202
Blue Crack Addict

Romney Tax Plan Without Unspecified Base Broadeners; Baseline: Current Policy; Distribution of Federal Tax Change by Cash Income Percentile, 2015

To sum up: Romney's tax plan would increase taxes on the lowest earners and reduce it on the highest earners, while adding hundreds of billions to the deficit.
Old 03-03-2012, 10:32 PM   #203
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Old 03-05-2012, 04:05 AM   #204
ONE
love, blood, life

Oh joy, it's Super Tuesday already.

Go everyone but Mitt! I want this shit brokered.
Old 03-05-2012, 08:50 AM   #205
Blue Crack Distributor

that testimony was a fluke.
Old 03-05-2012, 05:35 PM   #206
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 04:34 AM
I do think the Newt or a super villain one was funnier, but still. It's Mittens or Burns.

Oh and Ann Romney doesn't consider herself to be wealthy.

Quote:
“We can be poor in spirit, and I don’t even consider myself wealthy, which is an interesting thing, it can be here today and gone tomorrow,”
Ann Romney: 'I Don't Consider Myself Wealthy' | ThinkProgress
Old 03-05-2012, 07:40 PM   #207
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by trojanchick99 View Post
Can't you try a little harder?

Try this link instead. I think you'd be better served getting your soundbites from RCP than from ThinkProgress, trojanchick. I'm looking out for you.

Ann Romney: "I Don't Even Consider Myself Wealthy" | RealClearPolitics

ThinkProgress edited her comments down to a pathetic, phony 13-second clip to fit the narrative that they're going to be running with for the next eight months. If you listen to her full statement, she was referring to her illness, and how the support of friends and family are what gets her through- not her money. Her family's wealth doesn't define her. Her illness and dedicating her time trying to help those in her same position do.
Old 03-05-2012, 08:03 PM   #208
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Sandra Fluke v. Joe the Plumber - By Jonah Goldberg - The Corner - National Review Online

| Text Sandra Fluke v. Joe the Plumber By Jonah Goldberg

Quote:
You may recall that when Joe Wurzelbacher was approached by Barack Obama entirely accidentally, he became something of a political celebrity for having a philosophical disagreement with the president over spreading the wealth around and all that. Before long, the mainstream press went to battle stations to discredit the man. He didn’t even have a plumber’s license! (didn’t need one in Ohio). He had financial problems! He was a fraud! An astroturf plant! Blah blah blah. The Democrats, likewise, were unrestrained in their efforts to ridicule the man. Here’s Joe Biden ridiculing Wurzelbacher (and offering a tendentious argument about taxes).

Meanwhile, here’s Sandra Fluke a 30-year-old law student and committed political operative and activist. And yet the mainstream press can’t muster the slightest skepticism about her efforts.

Even Jake Tapper, easily among the fairest of MSM reporters, treats Fluke with kid gloves as if she’s simply a victim of history (note: I think she was an unfair victim of Limbaugh’s ill-advised and offensive attacks, but she has to be delighted with how successful she’s been over the last month). I don’t begrudge Fluke her efforts. She’s an activist and she seized the opportunity presented to her by Congressional Democrats and the press.

Still, I think the comparison is interesting in numerous ways. When average citizens are thrust into the political debate, they are heroes — if they confirm prevailing liberal arguments. When they run against the grain of the preferred narrative, they are ground down, caricatured, and treated to corrosive media skepticism.

Obviously, there are differences between the two cases. Some are relevant, some aren’t. If you think Fluke is special because she’s a woman, that’s awfully chivalrous of you (and I might even agree!). But such old-fashioned deference to the delicate sensibilities of women is not exactly a pose we’re told feminists of Fluke’s stripe support. Moreover, as Kirsten Powers notes in an excellent column, such deference to the fairer sex is not a standard liberals support when the woman in question is a conservative.
Just ask Carrie Prejean on that last point. She only responded to a pageant question (with the same answer Barack Obama gives by the way) and caught hell for it from the "tolerant" Left.

Rush should be repudiated for the name-calling but more importantly he's completely taken the spotlight off the issue of government encroachment into healthcare and Barack Obama's willingness to give precedent to a mandate deemed into law by the Secretary of Health and Human Services over an enumerated constitutional right.
Old 03-05-2012, 08:38 PM   #209
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Conservatives have made an art form out of playing the victim.

Old 03-05-2012, 09:09 PM   #210
Blue Crack Addict

I must have missed the War on Joe the Plumber. Or maybe it is being greatly exaggerated.