Blasts Hit London Bus And Underground

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What a horrible thing to wake up to this morning. Anyone hear from meegannie? I know she's not in London proper but somewhere in the general area and may have friends in London. :(

I work with lots of writers in London, don't know where to begin to find out about everyone. Colleagues here have contacted friends there and found them safe.

:hug: everyone :hug:

pax said:
There is no excuse for this kind of attack on innocent people going about their daily business. None.

My heart is breaking for Londoners and for everyone in and around the UK today. It might not mean much, but I'm feeling very much like I did on 9/11, and I just hope our British post-ers here know that we're pulling for them and hoping for the best.

Im ok too.... still stuck in the office but will be going soon....

no words can describe what Im feeling right now.....

:sad:

still cant believe the news......

all of you, please please stay safe and take care

hugs

dougal

Meg hasn't posted since yesterday afternoon, looks like...I don't know how close Norwich is to London or if she goes into the city much, but Meg, if you're reading this, give us a shoutout. :hug:

martha said:
:up:

Apparently, Kim called her fiance this morning and he was about to call me. They're ok, they got to the airport and made their flight to Prague.

Whew.

Thank you all so much for your caring.

I'd like to her from Ant. too, please.

Good to here ,I know that you are relieved!

Ronan2standstil said:
This is just despicable. I have many loved ones in London all appear to be ok, but I fear the death toll will rise from the current 33. The government and the BBC are clearly controlling information to try to avoid panic, the BBC web site is still claiming only 2 dead. A dreadful day for London and the world. I just hope there is no backlasch against the Muslim/Asian community in the wake of this. That would be very very sad.

Agreed on all accounts.

I have family that use the Kings Cross station on a daily basis. Two of them are cancer scientists, and live on Kings Cross Rd., just a 7 minute walk from the Kings Cross tube station. In fact, while I was in London for the U2 concerts at Twickenham, I stayed with them. Thankfully, they are all fine.

What I can't help but think about is how I used the Kings Cross tube station just two weeks ago... How I may have walked past, sat next to, chatted with people that may have been injured in some way today... Makes one realize how short and precious life is...

:sad:

this is so saddening. i can't believe we are back here again in the midst of more terror attacks.

my prayers are with londoners and anyone else who has families or friends involved in this tragedy.

everyone in london please be safe tonight. :hug:

I know, I am tired of these terrorist attacks...

I would also like, if you do not mind, to spare a moment and also remember all the innocent civilians that die in Iraq every day on the hands of similarly-motivated terrorists. Unfortunately, and given that this has become a daily issue, they do not get the same kind of press coverage anymore.

:(

pax said:
Meg hasn't posted since yesterday afternoon, looks like...I don't know how close Norwich is to London or if she goes into the city much, but Meg, if you're reading this, give us a shoutout. :hug:

Pax - Norwich is 115 miles away from London.

FlyYourKite said:
Fucking hell when is this ever going to end?? :scream:

This is just so sad and disturbing. My heart goes out to all those in London :sad: Hope everyone at the G8 stays safe today.

Forgive me if I've said this earlier, I haven't slept fopr what feels like years and my brain said goodnight approximately 24 hrs ago. It hasn't been seen since.

I've been wondering for years when it would be our turn. I've always thought that sooner or later, this would happen. I'm just surprised it wasn't sooner.

I remember that a few years ago, there was this huge plot to blow up Tower Bridge. The British public knew nothing about it. Until we woke up the next day, that is, and found every newspaper and TV report screaming about how a massive plot to attack us had been foiled.

I'm not paranoid... but I've wondered when these arsewipes would finally find the 'right time' for their sick 'games'.:mad: :madspit:

Union.bmp

This is horrible and very sad. I feel for everyone who is in London, and in the UK as well. This doesn't make any sense :sad:

I only just heard about this when I came home and turned on the BBCworldservice. My parents called shortly afterwards...they are fine and everyone they know ok (they live far away but it was good to know that no one was visiting London or anything).

Prayers for all our British friends. :hug: Glad to see you checking in so we can know you are safe. Ant, you had me worried.

Back
Top Bottom