Another Bush is up for re-election, we need MacPhisto!! - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-28-2003, 05:34 PM   #1
The Fly

Local Time: 01:01 PM
Another Bush is up for re-election, we need MacPhisto!!

Anyone remember when old man Bush was bitching about Bono constantly calling the White House during the concerts?

Old 08-28-2003, 06:42 PM   #2
New Yorker

Local Time: 03:01 PM
U2 is going back on tour next year. i fully support another visit from Mac or anyone else he deems to respresent him from his place.

Old 08-28-2003, 07:17 PM   #3
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:01 PM
We want MacPhisto!!
Old 08-28-2003, 10:04 PM   #4
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Just happen to be listening to MacPhisto calling the UN during the ZooTV tour, live, from Dublin in 1993, he got a recording saying everyone was out to lunch at the time.. funny thing about timing.
Old 08-29-2003, 03:52 AM   #5
War Child

Local Time: 06:01 AM
I want them to ZooTV all over again, but I know this dream can't be realised. I also want them to POPMart again.

Professor Farnsworth: 'A man can dream, a man can dream...'
Old 08-29-2003, 04:04 AM   #6
The Fly

Quote:
Originally posted by sue4u2
Just happen to be listening to MacPhisto calling the UN during the ZooTV tour, live, from Dublin in 1993, he got a recording saying everyone was out to lunch at the time.. funny thing about timing.
Yeah, Zoo Europa is a great bootleg.
Nonetheless it would be funny if they called the next tour "Zoo Two". Just imagine Bono up there going "Welcome Back to ZooTV Y'all!"
Not necessarily a good idea, but it would be the ultimate nostalgia trip.
Old 08-29-2003, 09:26 PM   #7
Blue Crack Distributor

Zoo TV
Old 08-29-2003, 09:30 PM   #8
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:01 PM
Macphisto is needed!!
Old 08-30-2003, 07:54 PM   #9
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 07:01 AM
Bring back MacPhisto! Bring back MacPhisto! *continues chant*

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 08-31-2003, 06:18 PM   #10
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Isn't Bush Jr. pals w/ Bono? ... Drop the Debt and AIDS imperative and all?
Old 08-31-2003, 07:52 PM   #11
The Fly

Quote:
Originally posted by theSoulfulMofo
Isn't Bush Jr. pals w/ Bono? ... Drop the Debt and AIDS imperative and all?
Outside of some personal and professional courtesy, I doubt Bono wants Bush re-elected any more so than the rest of the world.
Old 08-31-2003, 10:47 PM   #12
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:01 PM
Right - cause no rational person would support GWB.....

Old 09-01-2003, 01:15 AM   #13
The Fly

Quote:
Originally posted by nbcrusader
Right - cause no rational person would support GWB.....

You said it, not me.
Frankly many of the People who support Bush are no irrational, they are just afraid. Bush and his handlers then use that fear to manipulate the American people.
Old 09-01-2003, 03:36 AM   #14
War Child

Local Time: 08:01 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Skwege

Outside of some personal and professional courtesy, I doubt Bono wants Bush re-elected any more so than the rest of the world.
From an article in The Age newspaper (full article is on the U2 News page of this site)... I think it's titled 'The Saint & The Ham' or something similar.

Bono obviously is not gonna say whether he wants Bush re-elected or not, but if he supported Bush it would be a monumental reversal of character and personality for Bono. Basically Bush has the key to the safe that Bono wants cash from.

Anyway, the article... (and a bit of his opinion on Bill Clinton for comparison )

-----------------------

Bono believes that he comes "from the other side of the road" to George Bush. "I've lost my colour in order to do the work that I do. The people who often pay for one's convictions are other people. But President Bush and the people around him and that I deal with regularly, and Colin Powell, have been true to their word dealing with me on two issues. One was something called the Millennium Challenge Account, into which he put $US10 billion for three years, which was a new way of seeing aid as a sort of fast track to countries that were tackling corruption and had good governments.

"We worked incredibly closely with them on the Millennium Challenge Account. As a result, I appeared in a photograph with President Bush. Now this, of course, set my band on edge, and meeting Jesse Helms and George Bush for someone like the Edge, he just can't get his head around it.

"But I have always said that there are too many lives at stake here to play politics. We have to elevate the debate. We have to, and I have to stay not bi-partisan but actually non-partisan.

"It is very important not to make caricatures of people. One of the caricatures of Bush in Europe is that he is a figurehead and that there are forces around him that are running the show. I am absolutely sure, having been in his company, that he is definitely in charge. That might make people even more nervous, but he has a passion for Africa and the AIDS emergency, and my job is to turn his passion into cash."

As for Bill Clinton, Bono describes him as "a brain on a stick".

"He has humour and he has a great ear for a new idea. Great ideas are like great melody lines. They have a certain inevitability, a certain clarity, a certain instant memorability. The striking thing about Bill Clinton's White House when he first came into office, and I spent some time there, was just how many young people, people younger than me, were in extremely important positions, because he always wanted fresh insights, fresh minds. I think that because he didn't get a majority in Congress, that he needed to get a lot of his ideas through, and because he got distracted with the Monica Lewinsky affair, I think we missed some of the greatness that he had in potential."
Old 09-01-2003, 04:19 AM   #15
The Fly

Quote:
Originally posted by TylerDurden

Bono obviously is not gonna say whether he wants Bush re-elected or not, but if he supported Bush it would be a monumental reversal of character and personality for Bono. Basically Bush has the key to the safe that Bono wants cash from.

Anyway, the article... (and a bit of his opinion on Bill Clinton for comparison )

Unfortunately if Bono ever said anything negative about Bush, ol' Dubya would kill all of Bono's hardwork with a wave of a pen.
It surprises me how vindictive Bush is when it comes to people who say stuff about him, look what he did to New Zealand and France.