It's Time to Officially Screw the NHL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pax

ONE love, blood, life
Who needs the bloated, cranky NHL when the minors are playing? :hyper:

I'm going to see an AHL preseason game tonight. The real season starts next week. As long as my AHL boys keep playing, the NHL can stay locked out for next 5 seasons, for all I care.

i don't know.....i really really miss the nhl, i mean lately with not very good tv shows on...all i looked forward to was some hockey. some real good hockey, and it just becomes so much part of ur life...u organize ur life around it. and man come playoff time its crazy..its one thing that just unites everyone. and right now...the pubs are complaining..many ppl are bein laid off..the taxi drivers are complaining..and hey...i'm dying for nhl!!!!!!!!!! at least i got some stuff recorded so i've been watching that..hopefully they can solve this by...january.

Guys, don't sweat it! April, you live in Michigan...there are some good college teams near where you are! You're surely not too far from an AHL/OHL/QSPHL team, are you?

Minor league hockey is usually more gritty, more personal...and CHEAPER!!!

i just can't find myself to care for the ahl. a good friend of mine is playing for an echl team though, in atlanta which is good for him. won't be able to watch him though.

gary bettman and bob goodenow are both losers.

2 thirds of ESPN writers say the lockout will be over by the start of January. They say the union will cave in, and their wives and children will start beating up on the players with their own hockey sticks demanding that they go back to work and make money instead of sitting on their butts all day and watching soaps.

The first part of that was true.

The second part of that I made up.

paxetaurora said:

Minor league hockey is usually more gritty, more personal...and CHEAPER!!!

i agree. the hype of the big leagues is still fun though.

pax, what is the QSPHL? ive never heard of it.

Well, come to think of it, I'm not even positive it still exists, but it WAS the Quebec Semi-Professional Hockey League. A lot of retired goons used to play there. 4-on-4 and, to my recollect, no refs.

what the hell IS hockey? isn't that what like, the really old guys played before they had football? im so confused.

MissVelvetDress_75 said:

does he by chance play for the Gwinnett Gladiators?

as a matter of fact, he does. :wink:

i'm not gonna say who though. i don't want you talking to him, and telling him you know me through the internet. he'll never be friends with me and his friendship and future million dollar contracts are worth too much for me to risk that over. sorry.

:wink:

she will never see this!

paxetaurora said:
Oh, wow, yesh! Or you could come up here and see the Pens! :hyper:

What Pens? :shifty:

I am getting LOTS O' Tikcets to see the Bears. Had a guy "owned" by the Avs fly out on us the other day...headed to Sweden. Nice Czeck guy.

e-mail me!

Re: she will never see this!

zoney! said:

What Pens? :shifty:

I am getting LOTS O' Tikcets to see the Bears. Had a guy "owned" by the Avs fly out on us the other day...headed to Sweden. Nice Czeck guy.

e-mail me!

Anyone I know? :mad:

Back
Top Bottom