It's Official there are two 1398's so I have no idea what to number this

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I hate it because they already make me write why I want to study history, why I want to study at the University of Nottingham, and what I want to do after I get my degree. What else can I say? Do I have to brag about myself? Why? They have my recommendation letters and my damn transcript. Bastards. :mad:

my personal statement for notre dame was some wacked-out poem i wrote about myself. it sucked but i was only about 15/16 when i wrote it. admissions people love stuff like that. just try and be unique. and it's ok to brag about yourself in those things - i think it's pretty expected.

go meggy go! :hyper:

I can't be unique. I suck. :(

The ones for the schools are easy, but the one for this scholarship is for like smart people or something. I'm not creative enough to write anything decent.

you do not suck. you are obviously VERY smart. stop being a boofus. :mad:

and you don't think you're unique or creative? you must be kidding me. just about everything you write here points to the contrary. just tap into your crazy imagination.

DO IT!! :scream: :|

meegannie said:

yes you can.

this is obviously something you've wanted for a long time. you shouldn't let this boofus personal statement stand in your way. try and brainstorm for a while. think of random stories / experiences that make you stand out. just start writing stuff down - even as a list at first. don't try and put anything into a formal structure yet. just put down on paper anything that comes into your head.

let me be blunt

Meggy your attitude sucks.

STOP IT! :angry:

* throws meggy out the window

____
:wave: was that too harsh? some people just need a big kick in the butt I love you meggy

I know my attitude sucks, but I've been trying to get this done forever and can't do anything. I can't be creative when I'm writing about myself. :|

Meegannie, I really don't think you should be worrying yourself too much. Some parts of me tell me to hold back in statements like the above because this is a web forum after all, and maybe its not possible to make assumptions however complimentary..other parts tell me that a lot of the time people show more of themselves in this environment than they do in real life. I have to second what Miss Flower says about you..you have a superb sense of humour, and articulate yourself in so many great ways from what I've read here for however many months..

The best piece of advice I was given was that you can never over-sell yourself..don't hold back for fear of displaying a blossoming ego..flaunt everything you can..and secondly make sure you can talk about it when you travel over for the interview so the experience is as comfortable as possible...I'm sure you can find a perfect line between the two..

You've probably seen a million of these but just in case a few new points crop up its worth seeing, especially for the example statements which may give you some ideas to incorporate into your own while looking at the critical notes in brackets displaying each statement's strengths and weaknesses..this is the website..http://www.britishuni.co.uk/perstate.htm

personal statement

An important part of the application procedure requires you to write a personal statement.

This statement forms part of most university application forms and is used by the university to help assess an application. The statement should be typed and should be your own work. It should include:

The reasons why you wish to study your chosen subject.

Any experience you have of past study related to your chosen subject.

Details of what you are doing now - especially if you are in the UK studying at an English language school.

Any relevant employment experience.

The reasons you wish to study in the UK.

Your ambitions/goals/expectations

Personal interests.

Hobbies, pastimes, sporting & social interests.

Any other information which you feel will support your application

Last edited:
If there's one thing I know
it's that meggy rocks the free world

at least you know something

Basstrap said:
If there's one thing I know
it's that meggy rocks the free world

neil-young.jpg

meggy, keep on rockin in the free world.

Tips to writing about yourself:
Step away for an hour.....

Call a friend who knows you well - like a work associate in Cincy or something. Let them gush about you, then write what they say.

Meggy does rule the free and not free world - but don't say that.

:hug:

Thank you all. :) I finally got everything finished and mailed out the scholarship application yesterday. The ones to the individual schools shouldn't be as difficult because I can use the same language, so yay! I'm applying super-early to the schools, though. :reject:

Back
Top Bottom