ITS OFFICIAL # I can get a CAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i've been scanning pics all day

all this talk about cats made me dig up my pictures. i couldnt resist...

daisy with junior before he passed away. they played together all the time it was so cute. he was such a sweet cat i miss him:sigh:
336%3A3%3A%3A%3B23232%7Ffp6%3B%3Dot%3E2326%3D9%3A6%3D599%3Dxroqdf%3E232337%3A4%3A3253ot1lsi

my kitty psyko when he was just a baby. i gave him to my ex for his birthday. that was his first night home. too bad psyko hates me now:|
336%3A3%3A%3A%3B23232%7Ffp66%3Dot%3E2326%3D9%3A6%3D599%3Dxroqdf%3E232337%3A4%3A3259ot1lsi

he was tired after roaming the house for a while. he kept meowing for my ex to hold him.
336%3A3%3A%3A%3B23232%7Ffp69%3Dot%3E2326%3D9%3A6%3D599%3Dxroqdf%3E232337%3A4%3A325%3Aot1lsi

he loves watching tv with daisy sometimes.
336%3A3%3A%3A%3B23232%7Ffp67%3Dot%3E2326%3D9%3A6%3D599%3Dxroqdf%3E232337%3A4%3A3262ot1lsi

Sicy, have you heard of Shroedinger's Cat? Of course it's not a real cat, but a physics thing I learned about in my astronomy class a couple years ago :der:

Shroedinger's Cat

The late Austrian physicist and Nobel laureate Erwin Shroedinger, one of the founders of quantum mechanics, in 1935 framed a famous thought experiment to describe his theory of superposition and how it doesn't apply to large, tangible things.

In the Shroedinger Cat Paradox, a cat is penned up in a steel box, along with a diabolical device that consists of a Geiger counter containing a tiny bit of radioactive material, an amount so small that perhaps within an hour one atom decays, but with equal probability will not decay.

If an atom does decay, the counter tube discharges, triggers a hammer which shatters a small flask of hydrocyanic acid, and kills the cat.

After an hour, is the cat alive or dead? Until the box is opened ‑‑ thereby destroying the experiment altogether ‑‑ the wretched cat exists in the unenviable state of being both alive and dead.

:der: :crack:

Last edited:
Ok I dont like reading this kind of stuff in my happy cat thread :|

Anyway, the girl at Petco today told me that they get the cats from Pets In Need.. which is one of the shelters I plan on going to look for a cat. So I dunno, maybe our Petco's are nicer and the cats are just scared being there with all those people walking around and dogs running through the store :angry:

Its all good.. I know. For some reason I have a feeling it may be a longer process than I thought.

:heart: the kitties

someone had this posted on the wall at work today :cute: :laugh:

Attachments

• kittydish.jpg
    kittydish.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 44
what was that kitty chomping on?? Quailoods? :lol: Argh I canot spell write no how tonite :madspit:

Pita was being :cute: tonight. While i was putting clean sheets on my bed she kept jumping up on it going "mew?" as if she was asking if it was bedtime :cute:

ABEL said:
all this talk about kitties is making me wish we could have pets here and that my dad wasn't allergic to cats...if I ever got a cat I don't think my dad would come visit me any more lol :|
My dad and brother are terribly allergic too. :crack: However, the chances of either of them ever visiting me in Montreal are probably next to none, so I might get a cat.

Questions for Sicy:

1) Can you get cats that don't destroy your house? :huh: Scratched up furniture and toppled over bookcases and nice things are major reasons for never owning a cat.

2) What does altered mean in cat lingo? :| I noticed it a lot on the sites...

3) Is it possible to get a cat that doesn't get big and fat? :der:

:reject: I am really picky when it comes to kitties........

Oh, and have you ever met felix? :wave: I think you should download felix. :cute: ... but Interference won't let me upload an .exe file. :| I will email him to you...

Angel said:

My dad and brother are terribly allergic too. :crack: However, the chances of either of them ever visiting me in Montreal are probably next to none, so I might get a cat.

Questions for Sicy:

1) Can you get cats that don't destroy your house? :huh: Scratched up furniture and toppled over bookcases and nice things are major reasons for never owning a cat.

2) What does altered mean in cat lingo? :| I noticed it a lot on the sites...

3) Is it possible to get a cat that doesn't get big and fat? :der:

:reject: I am really picky when it comes to kitties........

Oh, and have you ever met felix? :wave: I think you should download felix. :cute: ... but Interference won't let me upload an .exe file. :| I will email him to you...

I can help....

1) You can have cats declawed, although it's not the most humane thing in the world - if you keep them clipped short consistently they can't get much of a grip on furniture. As for jumping up on stuff, there are a few things you can try but it does take work - you can set mouse-trap like things to go off on higher-up things, or put things on there they don't like to walk on, like aluminum foil or double-sided tape.

2) Altered means spayed or neuter - ie reproductive organs removed.

3) Big and fat cats - alot of it is related to exercise - there is debate that spaying/neutering induces it, but hasn't been proven. Alot of people leave full food dishes out for the cats all day and they'll just eat and eat, also it can be hard for them to get much exercise if they are laying around the house all day. It is safer for them to be indoors all the time, but you have to put the effort in to help them get exercise with interactive toys, some type of intense play.

Hope that helps! :wave:

[/almost-vet know-it-all]

:D Thx! Declawing sounds gross...

I dunno... Maybe I am just not a cat person. :sigh: But they are sooo cute. :heart:

ABEL said:

:laugh:

BAH I CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!

I called one of the shelters' recordings and now they have 3 one-month old kittens up for adoption and I got all :hyper: but then :angry: because I shouldnt have called so early because they'll probly be gone by the time I get back, but I shouldnt really get a 1 month old anyway because I work all day and it would be all alone.. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :crazy:

Back
Top Bottom