IO: my new car was stolen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My mum once went shopping in nottingham. I was skiving from work and got a phone call - it was mum telling me her car had been stolen. She was really pissed off cos it was brand new. She told me she had been to the police station and reported it and asked it I would go and pick her up. I was reluctant as I would have to go to where my work was, and as I said, I was skiving.

Anyway, I got there and she was standing on the corner laughing. Turns out the car hadn't been stolen - she had been looking on the wrong road.

She had to go back to the police and 'un-crime' the crime

:lmao: The police thought she was really stupid, and so did I.

I still take the piss out of her now

oh my that is the funniest thing I ever heard..and here I thought those things happened only in Canada eh?:lol: :yes:

bammo2 said:
My mum once went shopping in nottingham. I was skiving from work and got a phone call - it was mum telling me her car had been stolen. She was really pissed off cos it was brand new. She told me she had been to the police station and reported it and asked it I would go and pick her up. I was reluctant as I would have to go to where my work was, and as I said, I was skiving.

Anyway, I got there and she was standing on the corner laughing. Turns out the car hadn't been stolen - she had been looking on the wrong road.

:lol: :der:

sounds like my lame ass. i was up in boston several yrs ago visiting my brother. i was staying w/ him at his fraternity house and noticed one afternoon that i could not locate my wallet. i freaked out. my brother had his whole house looking for the wallet and was blaming certain people on it being stolen. i called the Boston PD, filed a report, received a lecture from a Boston Police Officer about how to be careful and watch my stuff in these Fraternity houses. :blahblah: anyhow, i did the whole formal file and about 10 mins after i got off the phone, i noticed my wallet in my suitcase, it was sitting in the corner. i had to call the dept back and apologize and tell my brother's frat brothers that i found it. they made fun of me for the rest of my stay. what is sad is that incident occured in 1998, and some of his friends still make fun of me to this day! :eek: :lol:

Mr. Baw, sorry I didn't know you were a cop. I want to believe most cops are good. Actually a few have really helped me out in the past. However I just can't imagine why they don't want to investigate this. It's like giving the people who stole my car a free ride and letting them know they can do it again.

bammo2 said:

Honestly when I first could not find my car I thought I just lost it. I didn't call the police for about an hour to make sure I wasn't being an airhead

mellyinsf said:
Mr. Baw, sorry I didn't know you were a cop. I want to believe most cops are good. Actually a few have really helped me out in the past. However I just can't imagine why they don't want to investigate this. It's like giving the people who stole my car a free ride and letting them know they can do it again.

I worked two cities south of Santa Monica along the ocean...figure it out...LAPD runs from SAMO to the Airport, south of the airport is ..... Fred Sanford used to make fun of that town all the time on his show...

Former home of the Raiders.. George Brett and his brothers, Hughes A/C, and now where the Laker's and Kings have their camps...

A little town with nothing to do but look for stolen cars!!! :lmao:

I'm driving an american rental car now. It feels like a scooter on four wheels. I think its dangerous.

Sicy buy low jack. It's well worth the money on a new car! They range from $500-$1000 and can be included on your car loan.

:huh:

It recovered my car in like two hours after I reported it stolen. I have the option to fix it. The other option is wait two or three weeks, then let the insurance company decide how much your lost car was worth.

Back
Top Bottom