You're the Best Thing About Me - Song Discussion Thread #2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I put it together last week, I was hesitant to post it on my u2 channel because of that official zooropa mix I uploaded, didn't want anyone thinking that was my construction because it is a genuine find, but this experience remix is my own little creation.

:down: like the single mix. The more i listen to this song the more I am asking myself why I still like this band. It makes me sad to write this about my ultimate favourite band, but TBT is really not what I want to hear from U2 at that point of their career. Anything but pop crap. Maybe it will do well in the charts and I don t care. It shows what people like nowadays. Empty, easy song. :doh:

The ending on the Kygo version really works much, much better than circling back to the 'Why am I walking away...' bit.

Again been listen to that DJ Kygo mix with crowd noise for over a year. And I loved it. I'm enjoying new version, but yes it's much more fun to end the song like most songs from U2 do and not just this new thing they're doing with the 3 new songs from SOE. To me they all end oddly -- probably they run together on the album?

:down: like the single mix. The more i listen to this song the more I am asking myself why I still like this band. It makes me sad to write this about my ultimate favourite band, but TBT is really not what I want to hear from U2 at that point of their career. Anything but pop crap. Maybe it will do well in the charts and I don t care. It shows what people like nowadays. Empty, easy song. :doh:

I've been thinking about this too. I like the song a lot, and I like "pop crap", but it's just kind of sad too. I think it's really, really good, but U2 has the ability to be transcendent, and this is not that.

So the Kygo Mix should be out by midnight eastern time on all streaming formats right? Right at the start of the new chart week?

My 2 year old daughter just said "I don't like that noise" in reference to DJ mix I just played to listen to those lyrics. She'll join this forum soon enough (if not already) to bitch about this song.
My 2 year old said that when he heard a rooster for the first time.

Moral or the story: EDM sounds like an angry rooster

Last edited:
I think my favorite part of the Kygo version is how "I'm the kind of trouble that you enjoy" sounds right before it drops.

My 2 year old daughter just said "I don't like that noise" in reference to DJ mix I just played to listen to those lyrics. She'll join this forum soon enough (if not already) to bitch about this song.

Does she like the single version? It's my 4 year old's new favorite song. Will there be a Kidz Bop remix?

Sorry fam. Kygo remix is a big no for me. Not a fan. Chopped up robot Bono vocals sound terrible. There is no Edge. Same beat over and over. I clearly don't like EDM. Gives me a headache. Get off my lawn.

The Kygo mix is embarrassing. I hate EDM but this is like a dorky version of EDM. It should have never seen the light of day. Coldplay level of corny.

Some things cant please everyome. But i think in general non u2 fans would prefer the kygo version.

The Kygo mix is what you would hear at the VFW lounge retirement party when the DJ with acid wash jeans and goatee plays a cool dance song for the kids.

Wait...do I have to buy the remix to the single?? What happened to the days when the single would come with a couple of B-sides? Now we have to pay for the b-sides???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom