You're the Best Thing About Me - Song Discussion Thread #2 - Page 44 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-25-2017, 11:33 AM   #646
Acrobat

Local Time: 01:31 PM
Discotheque didn't work at the time but it's one of the best singles ever!
I don't like HTDAAB that much but I truly love SOI. One of the best they've ever made - surely on the top half of their discography.

Old 09-25-2017, 11:33 AM   #647
New Yorker

Local Time: 08:31 AM
The guy who mixed sci-fi, Kygo, and the single version into his own version on youtube called the "change of heart mix" made the the best version of the song and it doesn't sound forced.

With that said, Boots came after Vertigo and IMO it felt like they were going for Vertigo part deux. It hurt my acceptance of the song but I don't hate the Miracle or Boots these days. They are solid songs. Best Thing is a lot better than both

Old 09-25-2017, 11:34 AM   #648
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 07:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_acrobat View Post
I post on a few message boards for a few different bands, and the overlying theme is HATE THE NEW STUFF. If you like the new stuff, you "clearly" have poor tastes and are a sheep. This forum is actually one of the more accepting ones:
That's basically any band site. Even areas like movies or TV shows have similar themes as to what's discussed or how they're criticized one way or another.

Oddly enough, I sometimes thought that some of the other bands' sites came across as a bit tamer than this one at times.
Old 09-25-2017, 11:38 AM   #649
The Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarvio View Post
Why do people even think HTDAAB sucks? For me it is miles better than NLOTH and SOI. As a whole, Bomb is just more memorable for me, and has better melodies all around.

It's not as good as ATYCLB, but HTDAAB still has some great songs. OOTS is one of their best songs ever and the lyrics really speak to me. Miracle Drug is decent. I do like SYCMIOYO a lot, but I still think it's nothing compared to Kite.
I like Bomb quite a bit - I actually think it's a better album then ATYCLB, which is probably my least favorite U2 album. HTDAAB does have a lot of great tunes.
Old 09-25-2017, 11:45 AM   #650
War Child

Local Time: 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trevgreg View Post
That's basically any band site. Even areas like movies or TV shows have similar themes as to what's discussed or how they're criticized one way or another.

Oddly enough, I sometimes thought that some of the other bands' sites came across as a bit tamer than this one at times.
This is the only band site I post on, so I can't comment on others. I am on other forums for non-band stuff, and to me this one is definitely the least tame lol. But, it could be a band site thing, I can't comment on that, as this is the only one I post on.

Some opinions confuse me. But as long as people are respectful, it's all cool. There are certainly some decent members here. But there's a lot of venom too. Tbh though, facebook isn't exactly a walk in the park these days either.
Old 09-25-2017, 11:59 AM   #651
Refugee

Local Time: 06:31 AM
I must be in the minority of thinking that the Change of Heart Mix sounds atrocious. People are complaining that the single mix has no aim, but the Change of Heart Mix doubles down and just combines everything.
Old 09-25-2017, 01:52 PM   #652
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:31 AM
Why is the band on a boat?
Old 09-25-2017, 02:11 PM   #653
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

I think that the band need to get themselves OUT of their videos. They could use the budget on making some really cool, imaginative videos that could draw some attention. But they use it on boat rental instead, showcasing Bono's granny glasses.

Hey everyone - remember how old we are?? No? Oh, here come take a look at our new video.
Old 09-25-2017, 02:21 PM   #654
Y2K
Refugee

Now would be a good time to be silhouettes (or semi silhouettes), a la their 2004 iPod commercial.
Old 09-25-2017, 02:26 PM   #655
Rock n' Roll Doggie

When's the video out ? The songs died of death and nobody is gonna give a damn about the video anymore
Old 09-25-2017, 02:32 PM   #656
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by rennowba View Post
When's the video out ? The songs died of death
I hate it when that happens. It's literally happened to every single one of my past relatives, I think it might be inherited.
Old 09-25-2017, 02:36 PM   #657
Y2K
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
I hate it when that happens. It's literally happened to every single one of my past relatives, I think it might be inherited.
Motorhead's "Killed by Death" did it in.
Old 09-25-2017, 02:59 PM   #658
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 09:31 AM
Quote:
When's the video out ? The songs died of death and nobody is gonna give a damn about the video anymore
I dont think the band really give a damn about videos themselves.. let the lyric video do the work for them.. a stream on youtube is the same either way.
Old 09-25-2017, 03:02 PM   #659
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
I heard Carson Daly will debut it on Thursday's TRL
Old 09-25-2017, 03:07 PM   #660
War Child

Local Time: 05:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
lol, why is it you all believe that your posts just magically disappear? We can still read your post. No one in their right mind reads that and thinks, oh he's just stating the facts.
Not sure what you mean about thinking my posts disappear. And for that matter, not sure who you mean by 'you all'.

are you feeling OK? having a meltdown, or is this just another normal day in BVS land?

Tags
2017, single, songs of experience, the best thing, u2