Your First U2 Song Of 2006...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
when the fireworks were going off in sydney one of the songs they used was the opening piano music from new years day, but no words :(

and if that doesn't count, the next U2 song i listened to was......pop muzik!

I listened to Pop before I went to sleep, so technically the first song I heard was Discotheque, but I skipped it to Please, followed by Wake Up dead man... That's almost 24 hours ago now... here anyway...

I think that I heard One playing on the sound system at the stadium of the football game that I was watching this afternoon. Does that count?:eyebrow:

New Years's Day for like the 20th year in a row or so. Can't break tradition.

wanted to play new years day, but ended up with "The First Time"

I'm not sure what was on, the weird thing was my friends actually let me listen to Pop....and I remember that at about 11:50 Starring at the Sun was on...I recall listening to Last Night on earth.......Somehow, though it seems a long stretch of time, I think Gone was on when we came back downstairs from throwing confetti and such, so I think my first song was Gone, then I skipped over to Please, and then I listened to New Years Day. I think that's what happened.

I was actually watching U2s Chicago DVD during the New Years eve and I'd timed it so that the DVD would end just before mid-night, so we could celebrate the New Year. But as luck would have it, we had an electirc and it didn't come back until just before mid-night. So after brinnging in the New Year, we continued watching the DVD from where it had cut off, and the song was... Original of the Species! Very appropriate I thought!:D

Today I listened to Original of the Species (1st song of the year)

I can't remember. I listened to my iPod right after it was New Years but unfortch I cannot remember which song.

Though yesterday I watched a portion of Popmart.. so the first U2 song that I listened to of the new year that I can remember would be Mofo :wink:

I decided to have a party in my barn this year. There were over 70 people there, and it was a really fun night. Me and a few of my friends used to have a band, so we reunited to play at this party. Right at the stroke of midnight, we launched into New Years Day. IT WAS AWFUL!!! The key playing the keyboards was in a different key than the rest of us, and my friend who was singing couldn't hit those notes for the life of him. However, that was the first U2 song I heard as I was playing.

Funny enough, we made up this with a great version of Arcade Fire's "Wake Up".

The bar I was at had a guy playing guitar and the first song he played after midnight was New Years Day.

The very first song of his set was Streets. :heart: There were no wows afterward though. :sigh:

ultraviolet7 said:
Last of 2005 - Acrobat.

lucky sod if that was just before midnight...:mad: the last song i heard of 2005 was Kaiser Chiefs' "I predict a Riot".....great

^^Nice :D I never got why they re-released that song, it wasn't any good the first time round, so why give it another chance?

I listened to Electrical Storm just after midnight, I meant to listen to New Years Day - but I forgot... clap clap.

Back
Top Bottom