Yahweh vs. Grace

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Yahweh or Grace?

• Yahweh

Votes: 85 66.4%
  • Grace

Votes: 19 14.8%
  • I like both / Can't decide

Votes: 13 10.2%
  • Don't care for either of those

Votes: 11 8.6%

• Total voters

Zoots

Blue Crack Supplier
The better closer? The better song overall? Use any such criteria to vote for the song you prefer.

I used to find Grace boring and bland. But some of the lyrics and especially the music has grown on me over the years. Yahweh I still find boring. :|

Yahweh, naturally. It's my all favourite song from the entire catalogue and it has a big mening for me.
But I like Grace too, is a tranquilizer and I like the ambiance that the song creates.

Aygo said:
Yahweh, naturally. It's my all favourite song from the entire catalogue and it has a big mening for me.
But I like Grace too, is a tranquilizer and I like the ambiance that the song creates.

Yahweh is your #1 favorite U2 song? :ohmy:

Grace.

the bassline is prime for some babymaking music, Burgundy-style.

the only bad line = "Grace...it's the name of a girl".

Come on Bono, you wrote Mofo, Mofo! You can think of something better than that.

I used to really like "Yahweh", but now I just like the middle 8 + outro of the song, now that is gorgeous. :love:

Last edited:
"Grace" is one of my least favorite U2 songs...although it has grown on me quite a bit. "Yahweh" by a mile.

Although I actually like both of these songs, recently I listened to Grace and must give it the edge due to lovely Eno/Lanois-style reserbed production values. Perfect texture.

Yahweh.

Grace is, up until the "what once was hurt" part when Bono stops muttering and actually sings, fairly dull and a horrible closer. (Why didn't Falling at your feet get to be ATYCLB's closer?)

I don't really like either of them. Yahweh contains some of Bono's whiniest vocals and I think Grace is a little uninteresting.

I give a slight upper hand to Grace, though, because I like the general sound of it.

Yahweh has it's moments, so does Grace. So I enjoy both, but can't decide.

They are both pretty solid, but nothing spectacular. If they released the "original" version of Yahweh, I would have probably picked that.

Canadiens1160 said:
Although I actually like both of these songs, recently I listened to Grace and must give it the edge due to lovely Eno/Lanois-style reserbed production values. Perfect texture.

:yes:

GibsonGirl said:
I give a slight upper hand to Grace, though, because I like the general sound of it.

Bring back Eno and Lanois. :love:

I like both....

but....

:heart: Grace finds beauty in everything :heart:

:heart: Grace finds goodness in everything :heart:

I think both are great.

I can't really understand why so many people dislike Grace.

At first i als found it a little bit odd but it's a really good song, with some good lines.

Grace. No contest. If I had to pick one reason (out of a possible million) , it would be because of Bono's vocals. I'll take his soothing crooning in Grace anyday over the puberty-afflicted Peter Brady performance he subjects us to in Yahweh. Yah-WAYYY! It's like Peter Brady meets Wyld Stallions. It's also reminds me of seeing my grandmother throw her back out many Christmases ago. She made a sound hauntingly similar to the one Bono makes in that chorus. Yah-WAYYYY! Although it was probably something closer to "Goddammit!" Funny enough, "goddammit" was my very first reaction to this song!

HA! This is true. It's a horrid chorus hidden inside a lovely song. But Grace does absolutely nothing for me, so I have to vote yahWHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

(Bono seemed to tone it down a bit live, bless his heart.)

Back
Top Bottom