Will the ZooTV Sydney DVD top Slane??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Will the ZooTV Sydney DVD top Slane??

• Yes, Zoo Sydney will make Slane look as crappy as Adam did the night before Sydney was filmed.

Votes: 74 62.2%
  • No, the Goal is Soul, and Slane touched mine.

Votes: 18 15.1%
  • Eh, I'll like them both the same.

Votes: 27 22.7%

• Total voters

Utoo

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
I can't decide. Both are brilliant for different reasons. What are your thoughts?

I already thought , at least in terms of set list , perfomance Chicago topped Slane

Anyway Yes and No

Yes coz we're talking bout Zoo tv , and in few comparitions , One and Bullet from Sydney will make fans of the elevation perfomances of these cringe ..... And It's David Mallet directing . For the ones who never watched ZOO Syd , Just wait for :

Edge's solos in Bullet and End of the world :wink:

No , coz we gotta remember Sydney was a show in the very end of the tour having lost some of the power of the beginning , with a terrible ending , B and E doing Elvis - when Larry and Adam were probably headin for the hotel , withouy mention the mood of the song , and also not mention that murder of wowy (I should make a sign : EDGE , WOWY + LES PAUL = NO MORE ! ) , Besides the feeling of the home crowd in Dublin .........

Last edited:
I loved that version of WOWY.

Although, the Slane WOWY has my favourite Shine Like Stars bit. I'm a little torn.

WOWY, LIB and Can't Help were an excellent way to finish off a sensory overload show like Zoo TV.

Zoo TV will only be several thousand times better than Slane.

Last edited:
BTW Curiosity just as I said I wasn't happy with the ending of zoo , I had planned this since 2002 , which was the 1st time I saw Zoosyd , and it was here on the pc , since then I planned when the dvd comes out , I would watch it in this sequence :

1-3Normal
Skip M Ways and One
6- Unchained - 1.... : Streets
No Pride yet ; Go direct for Daddy's
Love is Blindness
Elvis

Lemon
WOWY
M ways
One
Pride

J_NP said:
No , coz we gotta remember Sydney was a show in the very end of the tour having lost some of the power of the beginning , with a terrible ending , B and E doing Elvis - [/B]

wtf.gif

Dude, there's no contest. I really love the Slane concert DVD, but Zoo TV Sydney blows it out of the water.

xaviMF22 said:

Just before we get misunderstandings

That perfomance is fantastic , the whole is thing , but it's terrible as a ending

U have any idea of how is depressing the last song of the show , only half of the band participates , and it's a very moody song , beautiful but extremely sad , Don't know but I never liked this :shrug:

For me a rock show , a u2 show should always end like with Walk On ort Vertigo , or songs like that

Meh, they'll go down as my two least favourite live U2 releases.

J_NP said:

Just before we get misunderstandings

That perfomance is fantastic , the whole is thing , but it's terrible as a ending

U have any idea of how is depressing the last song of the show , only half of the band participates , and it's a very moody song , beautiful but extremely sad , Don't know but I never liked this :shrug:

For me a rock show , a u2 show should always end like with Walk On ort Vertigo , or songs like that

I disagree. Love Is Blindness/Can't Help Falling In Love was haunting as a closing. One was amazing as an ender on Popmart. Walk On was great too, but I never liked Vertigo as an ending.

Slane captures a very nice moment, in more ways than one, but strictly speaking as 2 competing concert video's: ZooTV by so far it's not funny. I'd take just the opening 10 minutes of ZooTV Sydney over all of Slane. I'm going to wet my pants when I see that EU flag on my friends 44 inch plasma screen and that opening strike of Zoo Station rattles the surround sound.

Axver said:
Meh, they'll go down as my two least favourite live U2 releases.

All this man wants is an officially released Lovetown Show. One show(well, he'd love the whole tour on DVD, but he'll certainly settle for one show). That's all, just one show, is that so much for this man to ask for? Get him 12-26-89 or 12-31-89 on DVD and he'll never complain about a thing again. Do it for Axver, U2!

:wink: :wink:

I want any U2 show where Zooropa was played to be issued on DVD.

Getting Red Rocks released wouldn't hurt my feelings either. :wink:

Earnie Shavers said:
I'm going to wet my pants when I see that EU flag on my friends 44 inch plasma screen and that opening strike of Zoo Station rattles the surround sound.

OMG yes!!! :combust:

namkcuR said:

All this man wants is an officially released Lovetown Show. One show(well, he'd love the whole tour on DVD, but he'll certainly settle for one show). That's all, just one show, is that so much for this man to ask for? Get him 12-26-89 or 12-31-89 on DVD and he'll never complain about a thing again. Do it for Axver, U2!

:lol: Shoot, if any of the Point Depot shows made it to dvd, I'd wet my pants! I don't know what my Holy Grail would be then..!

Earnie Shavers said:
Slane captures a very nice moment, in more ways than one, but strictly speaking as 2 competing concert video's: ZooTV by so far it's not funny. I'd take just the opening 10 minutes of ZooTV Sydney over all of Slane. I'm going to wet my pants when I see that EU flag on my friends 44 inch plasma screen and that opening strike of Zoo Station rattles the surround sound.

WOAH :drool:

namkcuR said:

I disagree. Love Is Blindness/Can't Help Falling In Love was haunting as a closing. One was amazing as an ender on Popmart. Walk On was great too, but I never liked Vertigo as an ending.

But that's the thing , One was full band , all the band were together playin until the end , and while it's not the lightest song , it certainly has a sense of hope and all ............

It's better than Bono almost crying ...... TAAAAKKKKEEE MMMYYY HHHHHAAAANNNND ........... :huh:

I don't know , Personally I see the showdvd as like what I would like to be in the Stdium , what I would like to be feeling at when it ended .......... And if they did something like this , I feel crap , is this it ? A perfect show would make me leave the stadium with adrenaline on the blood , something Vertigo gave ...... Something Or Walk On , or even One .

Something coming from Guit / bass / Drums , Not by only a sad voice , and a guitar off effects

Which is why I'm gonna watch it with Pride as the last song

J_NP said:

I don't know , Personally I see the showdvd as like what I would like to be in the Stdium , what I would like to be feeling at when it ended .......... And if they did something like this , I feel crap , is this it ? A perfect show would make me leave the stadium with adrenaline on the blood , something Vertigo gave ...... Something Or Walk On , or even One .

:yes: I liked CHFILWY as a closer, but Vertigo would be much better.

About what we are talking about?

Performance or DVD production?.

If it's about Performance, there's no discussion: Sidney all the way!. :drool: :drool:

But if it's about DVD, we'll have to compare audio and video quality (of course considering Zoo TV was filmed in 1993 and Slane in 2001). But as I see, Unforgettable Fire docummentary is worth alone the DVD, but none of the extras on Zoo TV is necessary, really :|

namkcuR said:

:lol: :up:

I'd certainly be very happy and content with a proshot One Tree Hill. :combust:

Axver, you know you're just trying to be different from everybody else by saying you dislike Achtung Baby & Zoo TV. Trying to be cool or rebellious or something. Deep inside, you know you love them the best! :tsk:

;)

Hey it's not only Axver who's craving for a Lovetown

My petition is only waiting more support to begin

Back
Top Bottom