Wide Awake in America

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooper2000

The Fly
I have every U2 album except for Zooropa (which is neeeeever in stock) and wide awake in america. I just can't get myself to buy it every time I go to the store, I always end up buying something like, sting, or coldplay or REM or something other than the 4 song WAIA. Is it worth getting to listen to, or will it just be the final peice of a collection?

Well, if you havent heard Three Sunrises and Love Oomes Tumbling, then its worth it. But get it used---prob 3 or 4 bucks cheaper. The live versions of bad and ASOH are awesome...but if i want to hear those songs i put in unforgettable fire. So if find it cheap used, then yeah its worth it. And remember, you aren't a true interferencer until you have every record released:eyebrow: :wink:

Wide Awake in America is very much worth listening to, but the $10.99 list price is pretty steep. I solved that problem by downloading it from itunes for $3.96. Granted, it is much nicer to have the actual cd, but only having those songs on my computer hasn't really bothered me. The two live tracks (Bad and A Sort of Homecoming) are far superior to the studio versions, and the two B-sides that complete the album (The Three Sunrises and Love Comes Tumbling) makes you wonder why they were left off of The Unforgettable Fire to begin with!

Totally off topic but I saw U2 at Hampden, Glasgow, Scotland tonight and they rocked. Trust me buy anything you can get your hands on by the greatest band of all time.

I bought WAIA on a used cassette for a dollar a couple years back. The thing is, aren't Love come Tumbling and The Three Sunrises also on the B-Sides disc for the 80-90 Greatest Hits? If I were you I would download it, especially if you have an MP3 player. I just can't justify paying $11 for 4 songs.

Oh, and I agree, get Zooropa. I'm sure you can find it used or on Amazon.

WAIA and ZOOROPA

hello from vienna;
both cd's are fantastic and well worth to buy - try:
amazon.co.uk - and you'll get is by smail - peter

You must have Zooropa...

Zooropa; Stay (faraway, so close); The First Time; Dirty Day are awesome :drool: :drool: I also like Some Days Are Better Than Others, The Wanderer and Babyface. Numb, Lemon and DGPFYCC not so much, but ok...

WAIA I downloaded it. It's cool but I think it's not worth buying IMO.

Wide Awake In America, its one of those things if you get, your friends are like what the heck is that, you must be a huge fan. You then smile and nod but hope they don't want to listen to it. I got my mom to buy it for me for Easter one year.:wink:

It really shouldn't matter which U2 album you buy first, 'cuz you
know you're gonna eventually buy them all anyway ... :wink:
Buy Zooropa for sure, but don't shelf Wide Awake In America ...
make sure you get that album too !!

The reason why I'd definitely buy Wide Awake In America is
because of ALL the songs on it ...
Both of the studio versions: The Three Sunrises and Love Comes Tumbling ... plus the LIVE versions: A Sort Of Homecoming and Bad ... simply priceless !! :drool:

Back
Top Bottom