Why is YOUR BLUE ROOM soo much cooler than ZOOTOPIA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think it's all about preference. I have nothing against Zootopia at all. I just don't have time to visit it :shrug:

Zootopia went down the tube some time ago sadly! :( It used to be the best forum, in my opinion.

For me it comes down to one thing, one thing only. Not the look, the features, the font, but the content of the posts, the people who post there.

I've found both forums to be equally enjoyable, and also frustrating. I will say interference more than Zootopia in the frustrating department.

I happen to really enjoy the new album, there seems to be more people in Zootopia who like it, than here.

There you go.

As of late, the only forums in Zootopia I regularly go to, are the individual band members' subforums.

The people there are fun to chat with.

I post at 4 different U2 forums, it's all about the content of the posts for me.

I'd rather they go back to the look of the old Zootopia, but things change.

Zootopia, the original Zootopia, used to be good. It was free. There was a chat room. The mods were okay. You could PM people. It was a pretty closely-knit place. Then sometime around 2002, I think it was, they went through a little revamp THAT TOTALLY SUCKED ARSE. Basically, they switched to a different system, got rid of all the folders and sections that the forum used to have and got rid of the old sysops. When that happened, I started visiting Interference as it reminded me of the Zootopia of old, only better. That little revamp U2.com made eventually turned into the Zootopia you have today, which is, remarkably, even worse.

So yeah, Zootopia used to be good, but U2.com destroyed it.

I recently read all that 'Rita' rubbish that's been going on over there.
:blahblah:

That's reason enough to keep me
over here. People are a bit more mature with how they handle their differences.

blue crack!:up: Zootopia is really lame in my opnion.....I cannot stand how there are a million threads! I mean you have to go back 65 pages to find out what happened yesterday:mad:

this may sound werid..but I think people here are more mature...really.

Lancemc said:

*sigh* The good old days.

:hug:

Hee, remember how taboo it was back then to be a joint member of Zootopia and Interference? Zootopians wanted nothing to do with the blue crack!

Never been to Zootopia. Been with Interference since 2001. Lurked, then joined, and later reborn. :wink:

I love the blue crack.. and it's the people here that matter! :up:

BonoVoxSupastar said:
Because we had fake Edge.
You better believe it.:sexywink:

In all seriousness, for me t's because I feel people are more mature, and there are more posts of quality. Not that my posts are among those ones, though.:wink:
And I don't know why, but I feel the people are friendlier here too.

Zootopia is extremely hard to read and understand. Interference has a wider range of forums, it's free, and the users are really interesting here.

beau2ifulday said:
I recently read all that 'Rita' rubbish that's been going on over there.
:blahblah:

That's reason enough to keep me
over here. People are a bit more mature with how they handle their differences.

What 'Rita' rubbish? What's going on over there?

BonoVoxSupastar said:

Ah, but Zootopia had real Edge. :sexywink:

Well, not quite. Once, in the early days of Zootopia, the sysops decided to test out the band members' personal accounts. When people saw "The Edge" in the "who's online?" list, they just about died. Larry's name came up sporadically too. And these weren't fan-created accounts, these were the accounts specifically reserved for members of the band. While I doubt they ever even used them, it was still kind of cool to see that the accounts did in fact exist. :wink:

Of course, Zootopia had its fair share of impostors, too. There was one in the chatroom that had us convinced for a while. Turns out, it was probably just someone who either knew too much about U2 or had some connections and was just leading us on.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

Why in that times have they made us believe it was the real Edge? Was it a joke? What kind of joke?
Even the oportunity to make him question was given..................
and he gave answers!
Wasn´t it too much?

I find that Zootopians are a lot more passionate about the band then the people are here, but I prefer it here because they can also go on about the stupidest things

jimjam said:
I find that Zootopians are a lot more passionate about the band then the people are here, but I prefer it here because they can also go on about the stupidest things

Ah yes, the infamous off topic tendency, I found it amusing actually. I mean, at some point people got back on topic but I dunno, felt like a real conversation with someone.

Start talking about some U2 related thing, then someone mentions they had a bad day at work.

I'm just wondering, people who are making the comparisons, are we talking the free site of Zootopia only, or the entire message board system?

The paid site is quite enjoyable, I barely go to the free site because it's too chaotic. The paid site however, is well organized. There's a subforum for albums, singles, videos, the new album, live, individual band members forums, as well as one for all 4 of the members, serious topics like political stuff.

I'd rather pay $20 for that, but with bandwidth costs, I mean, even interference has the premium memberships and a donation link.

Nothing's free, but I do get more of what I'd want from Zootopia for $40, than the $12 this board offers.

Then there's atu2.com, cool site, but the moderators at their forum are really on it. You can't go off topic at all there. Even something kinda related, you're told to stick to the topic at hand.

Interference mods are much more laidback than atu2.com's.

Zootopia's mods don't really step in unless people are getting really out of hand.

GibsonGirl said:
Once, in the early days of Zootopia, the sysops decided to test out the band members' personal accounts. When people saw "The Edge" in the "who's online?" list, they just about died.

Oh my God, I forgot about the sysops! :hyper:

Good stuff.

I used to LOVE to go to Zootopia.

And, not years ago, but fairly recently. I think I have posted about 350 times there.

At first, the place seemed very tightly knit, and I have made at least one friend there, whom I email often.
I really could not wait to get home to visit Zootopia....

Then, it seemed the whole atmosphere changed...people were not getting on at all...all sorts of drama....name calling, people acting like THEIR opinion was the only right one at all, and not even up for a discussion, let alone a civil debate...

I think the "subscribe to u2.com and get a chance for pre-sale tix" may have brought in people who were mostly greedy, and not really fans?....just a thought.

There is much wrong with "the zoo" and many..I mean MANY people left there due to some of the reasons posted here, and more that I am not aware of, or ehtically cannot post....

BUT, on the other hand....I am proud of "interference" and the mods who run the place....I think the fans here feel like we can actually contribute to a site that is worthwhile. I think all of us here take pride in the fact that we are even ASKED to contribute articles, etc. so I think we all have a feeling of ownership and responsibility for making "interference" as great as it is, and none of us want to ever see it be less than great.

That's my own opinion, anyway..... :)

Elvis is in the Bldg here at the Blue Crack.....

Zootopia and the entire U2.com website is so difficult to read, I appreciate the clarity and simplicity of Interference. The zoo posts are so full of silly siggies and artsy pics and crap representing this that and the other like who cares.....don't need to advertise your life, just post! I find more Interferencers to be REAL down to earth people and TRUE die-hard U2 fans but zootopes are a bit strange in my humblest of opinions. I cruise their threads periodically but the blue crack is my home! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom