Who else here doesn't have a DVD-player

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good point there, TheSweetestThing.
Krasno, an 8mm version would be something to wish for, yes. Why not? It would be funny to see them doing the concert, jumping around, without a sound. I doubt it would have such big commercial success, though.
I don?t know if I will buy the VHS, if it is ever released. I know that VHS is shitty if you compare it with dvd. Why, Krasno"TheGreat" maybe you even listen Dolby Surround 5.1 speakers, watching on a monitor so big it looks like in cinema? Doesn?t make you a big shot. I certainly got so much Elevation at the concert it maybe should
just stay in my head. Maybe I won?t even buy the VHS.

Apart from that, it may interest anyone that the dvd sold nearly 23,382 copies last week. It clearly topped Britney who had 14k+.

Originally posted by DebbieSG:
Not me either...that's what brothers are for
smile.gif

Or friends, Fridaynight, Boston night. Something to drink, good friends, Great.

---1) You can record television shows/movies/anything on VHS. Can you do this on DVD?---

Yup. It's isn't cheap yet, but I give it a year and a half at the most...

---2) DVDs are way more expensive---

It's true, I'll give you this one. One the bright side, the prices are going down fast. When I first got into DVD (winter 97) ANY disc would run you 25-40 bucks. Now almost half of them run at 15 bucks.

---3) I personally don't need all those special features, like the making of the movie, and the special deleted scenes. I just want to see the film. Period.---

A shame really. Because you haven't seen Monty Python and the Holy Grail untill you've seen it in Japanese. And for some films those extras ARE more entertaining than the films themselves (Like the Phantom Menace DVD, the making was far more engrosing as far as viewing entertainment goes...)

---4) Everything, all we've taped/bought over the past 20 years is on VHS. Why would I buy a DVD player and lose all our Diney films, movies, old Tennis matches? (Pat Cash and Wimbeldon, yeah!)"---

For the life of me, I'll never understand this reason... 'I have a DVD player, therefore I won't be able to watch my VHS tapes anymore.'

Huh?

I own a DVD player and I still pop VHS tapes into my VCR (not very often, but it does happen...). The point is, you still have the VCR...

A lot of people say they'll HAVE to rebuy everything on DVD. Once again? WHY?!?! Sure, there's an occational movie that you can't live without, but no one is forcing a total overhauling into the next prefered medium of choice... Once again, just bite the bullet at one point and continue on...

Of course, anyone is always welcomed to object...

- Ryan a.k.a. Chirpie

Originally posted by Vorsprung:
But I don't really need that DVD-player.....Even if they won't release the show on VHS, since Dutch broadcaster VPRO will broadcast the entire Boston show december 26th, and since it's a public broadcaster, they're won't be any commercial breaks too....

What the fuck!! Why didn't I know that?

Okay, OKAY! I admit it! I don't have a DVD!

------------------
k e r c

Atr?eme con tu est?tica
Quiebra mi conciencia
Novato sin pr?ctica
Adicto a tu presencia...

for a fleeting moment I thought I might get one for Christmas, because I pleaded the "awww poor me" case with such drama
biggrin.gif
. But reality intervened.
So no, I don't have a DVD. And I'm still unsure if the Elevation concert will be available on tape.I did read someone here refer to the possibilty. Wishful thinking perhaps.

Those of you who keep telling us that DVD players are cheap must live in the states.... and earn more money than me!
smile.gif

In the UK they are bloody expensive and the disks cost ?15 - ?20!

You don't own a DVD player? Haven't those things been around for like, 5 years now!?!?! Come on people, get with the times!

Originally posted by DrTeeth:
But I don't really need that DVD-player.....Even if they won't release the show on VHS, since Dutch broadcaster VPRO will broadcast the entire Boston show december 26th, and since it's a public broadcaster, they're won't be any commercial breaks too....
What the fuck!! Why didn't I know that?

I didn't know that as well, but thank you for pointing that out!

And I don't have a DVD-player but I did get the DVD as a birthdaypresent.

And in the Netherlands you can buy a VHS of the concert.

I have a DVD drive in my laptop... which serves the purpose but is also kind of a pain in the ass... I'm getting the real thing for Christmas, pretty sure at least!

------------------
God has got his phone off the hook, babe...Would he even pick up if he could?

I will buy the DVD but I don't have any DVD players... I can watch it in my friend's home.

[This message has been edited by christiana (edited 11-30-2001).]

Originally posted by Zoocoustic:
You don't own a DVD player? Haven't those things been around for like, 5 years now!?!?! Come on people, get with the times!

You just made me cry. No, really.

------------------
Atr?eme con tu est?tica
Quiebra mi conciencia
Novato sin pr?ctica
Adicto a tu presencia...

Back
Top Bottom