Which was/is the coolest Bono?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lil'Bono said:
Well apart from the time he had the dead badger on top of his head!!:wink:

haha, is that what you call a mullet? never heard that one before, i'll have to use it... :up:

1.D - The Fly, no arguments
2.F - misses some attitude
3.E - to come up with 40ft lemon and all...:drool:
4.B - pony tail is Bono's prettiest period:wink: (just kidding)
5.A - where it all started
6.C - Is it a bird?No
Is it a plane?No
IT'S SUPEREGO

It's tied between The Fly and The Mofo I think... I think I'll go with The Fly though, DEFINITELY his sexiest look, but he was also just so damn COOL. The Mofo was pretty cool too, though. He had that whole "I'm gonna kick your ass cuz I'm a Mexican boxer" thang goin' on.

D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D

beli said:
Never. Bonos never been cool. He even says so himself. Cool is the opposite of style/enemy of art, or something.

Bonos a big goober.

:lol: "Be uncool, yes be akward..."

Oh come on, surely you can admit at least THE FLY was cool...I mean...it's THE FLY!

AtomicBono said:

:lol: "Be uncool, yes be akward..."

Oh come on, surely you can admit at least THE FLY was cool...I mean...it's THE FLY!

Bono himself admits he ripped the Fly off Jim Morrison, Lou Reed etc.

Bono just doesn't do it for me, sorry. :mad:

The one that didn't get on his knees in corporate boardrooms, or bend over at the promise of a quick buck.

In other words, Bono prior to Pop

The pony tail...without the rubber band...

...Give me a head with hair...
...Long beautiful hair...

Just like the long hair on guys :drool:

As much as I loved Bono during the JT era with his long, beautiful hair, I didn't necessarily think of him as being "cool" then. The Fly, however, was the epitome of coolness.

echo0001 said:
The pony tail...without the rubber band...

...Give me a head with hair...
...Long beautiful hair...

Just like the long hair on guys :drool:
I agree big time. Long hair Bono with the rock and the country thing going on . Also during Amnesty International in 86. His hair growing out from the mullet and The suede brown fringed jacket with the bolo on. I wonder if I spelled that right? I loved his hair in a pony tail also. SEXY! One of my fav pics is Bono holding on to his guitar looking sideways at the camera with his hair over his shoulder. That is awsesome.

Last edited:
pop bono or elevation/vertigo i guess its pretty much the same bono in this era. so one of those two.

As a guy with some remaining masculinity, I have a hard time with these topics, but CLEARLY the coolest is The Fly Bono.

Look at this:
bono108_1.jpg

Be serious now. :sexywink:

To me it was the Elevation Bono, closely followed by the Fly. I think Bono's best look is the slick rock star look :)

I don't really like his look now... it's too... boring.

Hands down, no contest, not even the French judge from the Winter Olympics or Florida's voting can screw this up

The Fly! :bono:

I would say D....that's the stage that made me say, "Gee, I would really like to be more like that guy!" He seemed to have magical super powers on stage, different than other performers....he still has that certain somthin' that can't be defined.

B) The Mullet.

yayeah!

just kidding. my real answer is D) The Fly

but bono is ALWAYS sexy!

Back
Top Bottom