Which album should U2 revisit next in their tour/s ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2girl said:
Considering U2 re-played much of Boy and Achtung Baby on the last tour, and assuming the trend of rediscovering albums continues, which album would you like to see U2 play more on the next tour(s) ? Taking the realistic choices in consideration :

- the oldies (War, UF)

- the american albums (JT, Rattle and Hum) - JT's side two, that is. And something other than the "3 regulars" from Rattle and Hum.

- the experimental era (Zooropa, Pop)
Agreed -- minus Zooropa. There's nothing besides "Lemon" I'd be interested in hearing live EVER AGAIN.

War and UF tracks would sound great updated, since Bono was very young when he did these. I'd LOVE to hear "The Drowning Man" and "Like a Song" as well as "Promenade" and "The Unforgettable Fire"!

From JT, I'd love to hear much of side 2, except "I Trip Through Your Wires", but I'd especially LOVE to hear "Exit."

U2girl said:
which album would you like to see U2 play more on the next tour(s) ?

1. The Unforgettable Fire.

Or

2. October

3. Pop

in which case the tour will be called "Unfinished business" and we'll get to hear updated, reworked songs (perhaps with additional lyrics). :wink:

Blue Room said:
I think it really depends on what the next album is like.

My thought(s) as well.

How about touring all of Passengers and pre-Boy material? "Shock therapy tour". :wink:

Re: Re: Which album should U2 revisit next in their tour/s ?

Muldfeld said:
Agreed -- minus Zooropa. There's nothing besides "Lemon" I'd be interested in hearing live EVER AGAIN.

Seriously? I for one would love to hear Dirty Day brought back, an acoustic arrangement of The Wanderer might be nice as well

U2girl said:
Considering U2 re-played much of Boy and Achtung Baby on the last tour, and assuming the trend of rediscovering albums continues, which album would you like to see U2 play more on the next tour(s) ? Taking the realistic choices in consideration :

- the oldies (War, UF)

- the american albums (JT, Rattle and Hum) - JT's side two, that is. And something other than the "3 regulars" from Rattle and Hum.

- the experimental era (Zooropa, Pop)

Nice thread – thanx 4 that. I'd exactly agree with you on the general chioces. If I had to be more in detail; I'd request much more from THE UNFORGETAABLE FIRE including its title track plus "A Sort Of Homecoming" as staples. From THE JOSHUA TREE I'd really pick "Trip Through Your Wires" and more than anything else from '87/'88 the haunting "Exit" & the epic "Mothers Of The Disappeared". From the 90ies I'd go for "Dirty Day", "Lemon" and "The Wanderer" from ZOOROPA. That's fine, I guess ...

Unforgettable Fire, Zooropa, Pop

4th of July (MLK Snippet) > TUF > Bad (AIWIY Snippet)> Please > Streets

Lemon > Kite (Stay Snippet) > Dirty Day (Night & Day Snippet)

Mofo > Gone > SATS

Plus, Love is Blindness

open with ASOH.

kick Elevation and pair either Twilight or Wire with Vertigo for the two early rockers.

give DYFL another shot.

definitely bring back Please. and Mofo.

TUF is also begging to come back. i'd say re-invent a few oldies (Twilight, Wire, I Fall Down etc.), pair them with a couple of songs from UF and have a Pop encore.

Back
Top Bottom