What are your favorite Bono monologues in concert?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2phan

The Fly
I liked his speech during Sunday Bloody Sunday in the Rattle and Hum DVD. He was mad about the Enskillen (did I spell it right?)bombing and went into this fiery rage

"F*** the REVOLUTION"

what are your best and or favorite?

unosdostres14, when did Bono say that?

I'd be interested in knowing since I live in Texas and have been saying that about Bush since he left Texas.

He avoids us like the plague.:eyebrow:

Thanks.

To the Jewish, Muslims and Catholics:

All these religions come from the same Father Abraham. It is a common view, a common fight!

Amsterdam July 13, 2005

Sept 18th, 1987-Boston Massachusetts, during I Still Haven't Found. Bono speaks a bit during the drum-tapping intro, and Edge comes in with the guitar part, but he totally screws it up. It's off key/he has the wrong chord shape.

"Forgotten how to play this Edge!?" Cheers ensue. "Gee, this is gonna be my big moment, right, where I get to play guitar!...Well...maybe not..."

Then Bono follows it up with singing the first verse over again at the end, just so the crowd could sing along the whole time. :drool:

Jamila said:
when did Bono say that?

It was a ZooTV Outside Broadcast concert in Houston, TX on 10/14/1992

Bono called up the White House to try and talk to Bushie

LemonMacPhisto said:

One of the first boots I got and still one of the best.

LemonMacPhisto said:

I was at that show...best show I've ever seen.:drool:

Used to have the boot but has since lost it.:(

his little talk right before i still haven't found what i'm looking for during the popmart tour.....i especially like the one he did on the last night of the tour in south africa....he thanked "adam, larry, edge for letting me be in their band"

BonoVoxSupastar said:

I was at that show...best show I've ever seen.:drool:

Used to have the boot but has since lost it.:(

The Mysterious Ways and Desire are classic

"Come on now the Edge, funk it up"
*Bono starts line to early* "I fucked that up"
"Come on Edge, funk it up dawg"

and my fave Desire quote "Ya know something, you're fuckin beautiful!!!"

Well somebody has to say it! His little speech before One. I mean he does have a point.

U2phan said:
I liked his speech during Sunday Bloody Sunday in the Rattle and Hum DVD. He was mad about the Enskillen (did I spell it right?)bombing and went into this fiery rage

"F*** the REVOLUTION"

what are your best and or favorite?

No doubt about it! This is the BEST speech EVER by Bono! So much heart, so much emotion! It makes me want to put in the DVD right now! I think I will!

yeah I love it when Bono gets all ANGRY and rageful.

he's too smooth nowadays with the One monologue, it sounds like a job or chore when it says it. Like at Live 8, I wanted some more passion from the guy who helped started all this. Bono needs to get angry! lol

tiny dancer said:

"What's this I hear about a peace plan in Central America? Yeah, that sounds like it's got a lot of common sense going for it. Yeah, no problem. What do you mean, there is a problem? What's the problem? Ronald Reagan's the problem... that's the problem." The crowd cheers a bit here. Bono continues, "Well, listen Ronald Reagan, I think the people of America like it just where they are... I don't think they want to move to El Salvador or Nicaragua. They like it here! So, tell you what, I got a good idea: why don't we let the Nicaraguans look after Nicaragua, we let the El Salvadorians out after El Salvador, and the people of Los Angeles and the people of the United States will look after that. Hey!"

Back
Top Bottom