What are the best U2 rarities and outtakes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Convoy

Acrobat
I haven't really heard of much of the rarities and outtakes, so I was wondering, which ones you think are the best that are worth me searching around the net to find?

Probably all of the Salome outtakes from the Achtung Baby recording session.

Those are the only ones I am familiar with...

Imagine if outtakes from The Joshua Tree sessions existed.

david said:
Imagine if outtakes from The Joshua Tree sessions existed.

Actually, there are some 30 second snippets of some JT outtakes out there. There are also some War demos and UF demos (or perhaps these are more considered rarities), but I haven't listened to them.

The Axtung Beibi (or Salome) Outtakes are probably the most famous and best quality outtakes out there. If you like vocals, try to find the 3 disc set (or even the single disc which is kind of the 'Best Of' the outtakes). If you like drums and synthesizers, then there are a few more Salome discs which are almost all instrumental.

I'm sure there are others things out there, but I'd have to look around when I have time.

A song called Deep in the Heart is well worth seeking out. I don't know why it wasn't included on the Best Of.. album, maybe they couldn't fit it on. There are some mp3's of it out there but quality is not all that good on the ones I've found. Can anyone help?

Mirrorball Man said:
A song called Deep in the Heart is well worth seeking out. I don't know why it wasn't included on the Best Of.. album, maybe they couldn't fit it on. There are some mp3's of it out there but quality is not all that good on the ones I've found. Can anyone help?

It's on the "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" single.

I have it, I could make a high quality mp3, but I wouldnt know how to share it, I dont have a place to post it.

dear me, I never knew 'deep in the heart' existed...always thought people were confusing it with 'into the heart' or something.

seek! seek it out! on sooooulseek!

yertle-the-turtle said:
dear me, I never knew 'deep in the heart' existed...always thought people were confusing it with 'into the heart' or something.

seek! seek it out! on sooooulseek!

soulseek is fucked it never lets me connect anymore

'My Time Hasn't Come'

Recorded during a Joshua Tree tour soundcheck, it is one of their all time classics that never was. A brilliant song that they're out of their minds for not recording and putting on an album.

Michael Griffiths said:
'My Time Hasn't Come'

Recorded during a Joshua Tree tour soundcheck, it is one of their all time classics that never was. A brilliant song that they're out of their minds for not recording and putting on an album.

and this can be found where???

Tip Top Prince said:

and this can be found where???
I found 'My Time Hasn't Come' on Kazaa, but it's quite rare. Check all the music file sharing programs if you can't find it there. Also, there are some fans on this board who have it. If you don't want to use Kazaa becuase you don't have it (though it's really easy to get; just download it form downloads.com), then I'd suggest starting a thread on it. You're bound to find someone (possibly Mr. Lemon?) who has it, maybe already on one of their sites in mp3 form. Good luck - it's a fantastic song!

Last edited:
Michael Griffiths said:
I found 'My Time Hasn't Come' on Kazaa, but it's quite rare. Check all the music file sharing programs if you can't find it there. Also, there are some fans on this board who have it. If you don't want to use Kazaa becuase you don't have it (though it's really easy to get; just download it form downloads.com)
my husband has it (although i don't like the song). i don't know if he has an ftp program though.

although if you're gonna look on kazaa, i would get kazaa lite. you look on the same networks and everything as kazaa, but you don't get spyware on your computer.

You can also find this unreleased song known as My Time Hasn?t Come in the bootleg The Joshua Tree on Fire, the concert is from April 25, 1987, San Francisco, the soundcheck part, along with another one known as Moving Out.

it's in my download cue on u2bloodredskyhub.... i'll http it when i get it and post a link if you like.

I have to say that i really like a lot of the salome outtakes, 'Heaven and Hell' is off there and is another song that should have been made into something, it really showed promise.

An pretty good early one that never made it to an album but was played a little bit was street mission, but only really for the awsome edge guitar solo in the middle.

Back
Top Bottom