vertigo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hi!

Vertigo is an excellent song.

Songs change with me as I tend to be very moody so I may play some songs one moment and then not play them for a while......but that's just me and not the songs.

carol
wizard2c

:|

and i love HTDAAB!
Sorry had to say it, just can't stop listening to it!

By the time i get to Yahweh and singing along the oooooos i just feel "Wow this maybe the best record they have ever made"
Its just incredible!

and Viva Vertigo, Viva HTDAAB!

it's u2 much more close to the average rock band than they usually are and from that point of view i was a little bit disappointed at first. but there's so much energy on it that i would be a fool if i could resist to it.
... and the lyrics are great

I loved the song when it was all I had from the new album. Now that I have all of HTDAAB, however, Vertigo has slipped further down the list. But it is a great song, and I can't wait to hear it performed live in Chicago. :D

I absolutely love Vertigo and everthing on HTDAAB, think my all time favorite though is Wild Honey from ATYCLB.

I LOVE vertigo, I never tire of that intro...*1 2 3 4* click click click-click...click click click-click...

I think Vertigo is the most non-U2 song they ever did. Not for the obvious reasons, but the others. And an Usher-fan liking it isn't something highly positive about it , IMO. :|

usher said:
well usher is my favorite rap singer

sweet.

will smith's better though.

maybe the two of them could collaborate with matchox twenty! that'd be, lol, wicked!!

:happy: :happy:

Vertigo has definitely grown on me, contrary to many people who've gotten sick of it. I think part of the reason is because I don't watch much TV and saw that I-pod ad just once. :wink: The first time I heard it, I didn't like the weird and unnecessary spanish and thought the whole thing sounded a bit too goofy. But Edge's riff really is so catchy as hell, esp. in that mid-section, that I couldn't resist it! Anyway, my pet peeves still remain in the spanish words and the yeah yeahs at the end. Who's with me there? Let me throw this question out... Has anyone tried making a new mix of this song without the spanish or the yeah yeahs or even the 'no one gets hurt' line? Or would somebody be interested in doing it? :hyper:

wouldnt mind checking green day out, but I spent too much money on u2's upcoming tour. I'm thinking of catching the killers in chicago also, so thats more $

glad u like htdaab, usher....great album. VERTIGO rocks, I got sick of it after the i-tunes commercial, but after it died down a bit im back into it, love the guitar work by Edge, especially live :drool:

usher said:
green day has a concert coming up. anybody going

no, all my money's tied up with the upcoming nickelback, three doors down, and matchbox twenty concerts comin' up.

Zoomerang96 said:

no, all my money's tied up with the upcoming nickelback, three doors down, and matchbox twenty concerts comin' up.

Yeah they all rock. You are so damn lucky to have tickets. :drool:

Vertigo wouldn't even be in my top 50 U2 songs. There's no accounting for taste I guess...

I love Vertigo. With all the hype I was usually skipping that song when listening to HTDAAB...but now I can't get enough of it.

While it may not be their best song ever, I think it's definitely the catchiest song they have ever done.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom