UTEOTW...live or studio

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I agree. U2 does not do a better song live than UTEOTW. From the "Hey Judas!" at the beginning to the bullfight at the end. The Slane performance is amazing.

The album version kicks ass too, though

anyone who says the album version is better than the live version...i will slap you across the face. Live version rocks :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Live. Easily.

Almost every song that U2 has plays live becomes better than the studio version. Until the End of the World is no exception.

Live, is where is where is at. !!!!

Best I have heard
Houston
Best of 90
Sydney
Live from San Diego, November 10, 1992)
Brit Awards in 2000 (Funny to see people in awe. as he walks around.)
Pop Mexico 97

And it getting ready to take over take The Fly as number # 1 the more I hear it.

This was my favorite U2 song for a long long time. It probably still is. No matter which version of this song you choose you cannot go wrong. The studio has a darkness/saddness/urgency to it that cannot be recaptured live. But the live version rocks to a serious degree. I cannot pick a favorite.

I think the vast majority of u2 songs are far better live. Was listening to one the other night and thought how inntresting it is to hear live u2 songs evolve over the years. For instance One on Zoo Tv sydney i thought couldnt be topped. Yet it gets better every tour, so much so that the Sydney version is now IMHO the least impressive version.

Live.
And the performence on the Slane dvd is fantastic. When I play it, I just keep skipping it to the start, when Bono makes that loud noise down the mic as it kicks in....:rockon:

both

the depth of the studio version is unbeatable, bono's voice gets straight to the soul.
the energy and the key rearrangment of the live version makes it more powerfull.

not that this matters, but until the end of the world is the best song ever played

they played it at the rock n roll hall of fame ceremony when they were inducted...bono walked around the audience and stopped at catherine zeta-jones and sang to her, then popped a bottle of champagne in perfect timing with the music. amazing.

Back
Top Bottom