U23D to be released on Blu-Ray

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bono does a bird imitation in it? I don't recall that but I then again, I missed the first 10 minutes of the film.

Of course it would depend on how many filmed songs were actually processed with the technology, and animated visuals, but my guess is that they originally had a longer running time and decided to trim the "fat" at some point in the editing process.

I think that with this kind of technology, only the songs shown in the theatre have been processed. Thus, the editing of the tracklist (choosing which songs to include) was probably done before processing them to look good in 3D.

You guys can't honestly be serious about complaining about that part right??
That's what I thought, too. I didn't even noticed this part when I saw the movie for the first time. I only realised it's there after some people started whining about it on this board. Then I saw it and thought: THIS is what all the whining is about? It's a three-seconds-scene, I found it totally ok. But then again I'm not one of the people who are always desperatly looking for something to complain about.

sorry for including your statement with that, honest mistake! :wink:

It's cool.

But as far as people wondering why the band would release the movie on an at-home format, it is for the money. I really think the thought that fans might not have seen it is a secondary motive.

I don't criticize the band for monetary motives; I don't work for free either.

You guys can't honestly be serious about complaining about that part right??

:shrug:

I think it looks extremely dorky, and not in an "awww, that darling little Bono" way.

And I'm hardly someone who complains about everything U2 and/or Bono does.

So I poke fun at him for it. So do other people. Big whooping deal. If Bono's wing-flapping doesn't bother you, bully for you.

:shrug:

I think it looks extremely dorky, and not in an "awww, that darling little Bono" way.

And I'm hardly someone who complains about everything U2 and/or Bono does.

So I poke fun at him for it. So do other people. Big whooping deal. If Bono's wing-flapping doesn't bother you, bully for you.

Hey I wasn't accusing you of complaining about everything u2/Bono does (you least of all compared to many). Sorry if that's what you read out of my question. :huh: I was just finding it funny that there was so much negative attention paid to one few seconds part of an entire show, you'd think Bono dressed in a big bird suit and ran a lapse around the elipse flapping his wings, that's all. It was no big deal! I really didn't know if you guys were serious. :shrug:

OK, I was complaining about the complaining :wink:

But honestly, the "bird" scene didn't bother me. Apparently, Bono also sings like a bird these days.

Hey I wasn't accusing you of complaining about everything u2/Bono does (you least of all compared to many). Sorry if that's what you read out of my question. :huh: I was just finding it funny that there was so much negative attention paid to one few seconds part of an entire show, you'd think Bono dressed in a big bird suit and ran a lapse around the elipse flapping his wings, that's all. It was no big deal! I really didn't know if you guys were serious. :shrug:

Eh, it was a generic comment about complaining about the complainers - which I've been guilty of in the past, for sure!

Sometimes it's best (but not easier) to just ignore the complainers ... or at least take everything they say with a grain of salt. One the size of your head. :wink:

Actually, I thought that for flapping, especially Bono flapping, it was done quite well.

Hell, I do three goofy things every day.

But I wouldn't want to watch them in 3D on a screen the size of a football field.

:wink:

So, I have a question for the people who are genuinely embarrassed about the wing flapping or the cat impression or whatever; have you actually been to a U2 concert before? And if so, where they really awful seats?

Cus I have news for you, Bono makes some stupid gesture or says something cringe-worthy every fucking concert!

Has no one been paying attention? Take him or leave him, this is Bono...

So, I have a question for the people who are genuinely embarrassed about the wing flapping or the cat impression or whatever; have you actually been to a U2 concert before? And if so, where they really awful seats?

Cus I have news for you, Bono makes some stupid gesture or says something cringe-worthy every fucking concert!

Has no one been paying attention? Take him or leave him, this is Bono...

What you're saying is pretty much true only on the Vertigo tour, at least for me. None of the past tours including Elevation have made me cringe in embarrassment at Bono. Yes, that includes humping the camera on Zoo TV! On Vertigo, he seems to have become a cartoon character.

ahh, but it's all a degree of embarrassment, I've shown Zoo TV to people who were really embarrassed by the camera humping and even Macphisto...

Besides, it's very convenient to blame his antics during Zoo TV because he was playing a character, be it Macphisto or The Fly or The Mirror ball Man when really it was just him doing what he wanted to do...

I dunno. I feel like I can cringe at something Bono does, laugh at it, but still love the concert. Just because I laugh at something he does doesn't take away from the fact that they still, indeed, rock my socks off.

:shrug: :rockon:

I didnt get to see it in IMAX only Real3d my only complaint with the theatre is that it wasnt loud enough, would have loved to see it on IMAX though but it wasnt available, will look forward to it on Bluray if it comes out there :)

The audio portion will sound much better on a home theatre setup for anybody that has it, the video may not be as good but still worth getting.

Ah bluray, great. So my choices were drop serious coin on a road trip to see a MOVIE, or drop serious coin on a bluray player and HD tv so I can watch the DVD when it comes out. Christ.

But from what you guys are saying, for both the bird flapping and cat miming, it would be worth it?

I'll take one. and if people are going to bitch about it and not buy it, that's fine...it'll be easier to find in the store. :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom