U2 still needs to...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DPrinceNY

War Child
Lets start a list of all the things we think U2 hasn't, but should, accomplish before they retire as a band.

1- Play Acrobat Live (being the thread starter I'll get this gimme out of the way :))

4- Go back to writing ballsy political songs!!! And don't say they're older and mature. Aren't Pearl Jam & Springsteen older too? They write ballsy stuff.

I'd like to see U2 write their Blood on the Tracks type album - intimate, stripped down to bare emotion and honesty, beauty, and melody. Fuck the mainstream. Get back to the poetry. I guarantee the mainstream would follow regardless if the music is good.

Michael Griffiths said:
I'd like to see U2 write their Blood on the Tracks type album - intimate, stripped down to bare emotion and honesty, beauty, and melody. Fuck the mainstream. Get back to the poetry. I guarantee the mainstream would follow regardless if the music is good.

Even though parts of UF can potentially sound dated right now, I think that they could totally get away with making another UF right now.

If people here are thinking Pearl Jam are making great music right now they must be expecting U2 to lower their standards, and I hope that never happens.

Make the third masterpiece.

I don't care if they call it quits the day after.

Travel through time to tell their 1999 selves to release lots of crap on DVD otherwise humanity will fizzle out into a loungeact.

They might as well kill Lavos while they're at it, too.

Back
Top Bottom