U2 Soundboards 2005!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

odiswong

Babyface
U2, here is how it works this tour. You are supposedly on the tip of technology with your IPOD deal. I challenge you to get your act together this tour and finally allow us to pay to download your shows through one of the many companies that is doing this succesfully and make the money yourself, or deal with the following scenario if you do not.

It seems if you do not release your shows under your own terms, we will. There seems to be about 300 people plotting between tons of different discussions boards to receive and distribute all your In Ear Monitor broadcasts again this year. Previous tour this has been low key, and the recordings were for the most part not released. I don’t think you will be that lucky this year, because far to many plan on doing it. That combined with the fact they will be bittorrented out immediately since the supply will be high means your sounboard shows will be out whether you like it or not. And don’t think you have some new technology, because it will be figured out before you leave dress rehersals. In depth bag searches, waste of time because they can be received outside the arena.

U2 fans don’t want to hear about how Bono was off one night, so he can’t deal with imperfection and not realease the shows. Hundreds of other bands deal with that all the time now on these online downloads, and it is never an issue. If it’s good enough for 50,000 people, its good enough for a download after the show.

Many of your band friends have figured it out, Pixies, Springsteen, Metallica, etc and they are pretty big bands so we don’t need to hear about how a band can’t get this past the record company. And I do not think some venue is going to prohibit you from placing this in the contract, since they are all probably beating each other up to get your show next year.

There it is, that’s the reality of 2005. Either IEM’s floating about all over and on ebay which are subpar soundboard recordings but the only ones people will buy without other options. But for the benefit of all U2 fans, lets just go with option 2 and have you sell them correctly, where you have control over the sound and the distribution and it is a better product for everyone.

odis with a d

I'm hoping this will be part of the Apple deal. I think it would be a great idea to use iTunes for this at a very low cost to the band to put it out -- it would be even easier than Pearl Jam's deal. When they went on tour, I got a copy of their show that I saw -- paid for the CD, which gave me immediate access to a download of the show and when the CD showed a week later, it was remastered and remixed.

from a new newsweek article

"Down the road, Bono and Jobs both envision new opportunities to sell
songs and build fan communities, like offering concert recordings at
the iTunes store. "We're getting ready to do it," says Jobs. "Wouldn't
it be great if the morning after the concert, you can buy it on iTunes,
and anyone in the world can listen to it the next day?"

If you take a look at the Pearl Jam section on itms they have a ton of live shows to buy - methinks this is the way u2 will be going.

StlElevation said:
also, the ald (assisted listening device) feed is also very high quality. i have the 3/30/01 atlanta concert from ald.

I was at that show! Dressed as the Fly...I don't think I have the ALD copy of that show...any chance I can get it from you?

I believe I have an in ear show from larry's feed. the problem I found with that particular one is that larry's click track is slightly audible through the whole thing, which is annoying. I don't know how he can do that every night. So if we could shows of that quality that are mixed properly, I'm all for that.

yeah, the metronome (clicking) is actually in all the feeds really. bono's the most proiminatly. once the music actually starts, you don't hear it though. it's cool to hear the techies go (1...2...1,2,3,4) too.

you can hear the metronome the most during the acoustic set when it can be a tad annoying, but you can drown it out too.

this would be terrible for all of us supercool people on the U2BloodRedSkyHub where we can get every Elevation show anyways.

odiswong said:

U2 fans don’t want to hear about how Bono was off one night, so he can’t deal with imperfection and not realease the shows. Hundreds of other bands deal with that all the time now on these online downloads, and it is never an issue. If it’s good enough for 50,000 people, its good enough for a download after the show.

Many of your band friends have figured it out, Pixies, Springsteen, Metallica, etc and they are pretty big bands so we don’t need to hear about how a band can’t get this past the record company. And I do not think some venue is going to prohibit you from placing this in the contract, since they are all probably beating each other up to get your show next year.

There it is, that’s the reality of 2005. Either IEM’s floating about all over and on ebay which are subpar soundboard recordings but the only ones people will buy without other options. But for the benefit of all U2 fans, lets just go with option 2 and have you sell them correctly, where you have control over the sound and the distribution and it is a better product for everyone.

odis with a d

AMEN!:applaud:

But please not at 99c a song or it'll be $20+ per show or about a grand for the tour!

How's this for a promotion idea?

Apple is sponsoring the tour right? how about including a "free download" code on each ticket stub that allows the holder to download the concerts they attend for free? This would really complete the concert experience for me... imagine going to the show and redeeming your free download the next day!

discothequeLP said:
this would be terrible for all of us supercool people on the U2BloodRedSkyHub where we can get every Elevation show anyways.

I've signed up to this site, but I can't find any concerts for download. Can you help me out a bit please?

Also, U2Rome always tells me something about session cookies, but I've done what it tells me to do and it still doesn't work. I feel I'm missing out on quite a few concerts because of this.

U2FAN4LIFE said:
How's this for a promotion idea?
Apple is sponsoring the tour right? how about including a "free download" code on each ticket stub that allows the holder to download the concerts they attend for free?

:up: sounds great!, Hope somone from Apple is listening!

They should just do the whole show for 9.95 each...
And all shows at the end for 99.95!!!
Wow, that would be :) !!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom