U2 songs which you would be perfectly happy for them never to play again

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NShaik

The Fly
Which U2 songs do you really not care if they ever play again?

My list:

New Year's Day
I Still Haven't Found what I'm looking For
All I Want is You
Until the End of the World
Even Better Than the Real Thing
Wake Up Dead Man
Discotheque
Walk On
Stuck in a Moment
New York
Wild Honey

Which U2 songs would you die if they were never played again?

My list:

Out of Control
A Sort of Homecoming
Pride
Where the Streets Have no Name
Bullet the Blue Sky
The Fly
Love is BLindness
Lemon
HMTMKMKM
Please
Miami
Mofo
Kite

Which U2 songs do you know they will never play again, but would have an instant orgasm if they did?

October
Drowning Man
Promenade
One Tree Hill
Heartland
When Love Comes to Town
Whose Gonna Ride your wild Horses
Corpse (These chains are way too long)
Daddy's gonna pay...
Two Shots of Happy, One Shot of Sad

NShaik said:
Which U2 songs would you die if they were never played again?
Out of Control
A Sort of Homecoming
Pride
The Fly
Love is BLindness
Lemon
HMTMKMKM
Please
Miami
Mofo
Kite

Eek! Good luck with that :(

Lucky for you everyone dies, I guess.

Interestingly almost all of those songs above are the ones that I'd totally love to hear live. well more than other songs that is.

Bullet the Blue Sky is the only one I'm really, really sick of.

question 1 - i still haven't found la la la...
question 2 - one (just because i don't wanna die)
question 3 - like a song, the unforgettable fire, acrobat, exit

Hey buddy! Don't U think you put too many songs to yer "hate" list?! Here is my idea:

Dont ever go to a U2 show! :p

Question 1: Stuck in a Moment
Question 2: Bad, WOWY, Streets, Pride, One, All I Want Is You, I Will Follow, Gone, Please
Question 3: Acrobat, Ultraviolet, Love is Blindness, Tomorrow, Drowning Man, God Part II, So Cruel, Exit, Heartland

Actually before I went a gig, I said, please dont play New Years day or whatewever, cos every single bootleg includes that song. But after they did it, I sad HOLLY GEEEEZUS, THAT WAS HUGE!

I would LOVE to see again these songs:

MOFO
FLY
LNOE
HMTMKMKM
LEMON
DADDY'S GONNA:mac:

I've never liked "Streets." If I never saw that again, I wouldn't be sad. But doubt that will happen.

Other than that, I'm happy with any U2 performance I'm lucky enough to go to.

Mr_LeMon said:
Actually before I went a gig, I said, please dont play New Years day or whatewever, cos every single bootleg includes that song. But after they did it, I sad HOLLY GEEEEZUS, THAT WAS HUGE!

I had the same sort of thing happen with I Will Follow. I wasn't really looking forward to it at all, but when they played it, it fuckin' tore the roof off the arena. It was incredible.

Last edited:
sigh...
- kite
- wild honey
- stuck in a moment
- ishwilf - shorten it please. also, note to cher: never again.
- tired of one, but i know it will never go away.
- i think that the discotheque/staring into the sun medley was brilliant or i'd vote the two out of there.
- what's going on
- lame covers from popmart tour. please, that was ridiculous bono. [but not the song please]

- wtshnn
- bad
- please
- i will follow
- uteotw
- beautiful day
- all i want is you - kinda the trailer way, i really liked that.
- miami
- hmtmkmkm
- elevation (i love how they come out to their own song playing on the pa, and i think that the influx remix is amazing)
- sbs
- bullet the blue - was getting tired, i like how he would add in lyrics in this song especially, but i mean, there isn't much left in this song...it might fit up in #1)

- heartland
- god part ii
- october
- ultraviolet [light my way]
- please
- 11 o'clock tick tock
- the electric co.
- party girl
- numb
- stay [faraway, so close!]
- running to stand still
- in god's country
- one tree hill
- mlk
- the sweetest thing
- hawkmoon 269
- do you feel loved
- last night on earth

i'd personally love to see more covers, or like a entire verse of a song, modern or not. i do love bono's ever increasing habit of adding in lyrical snippets or inside jokes. i think it's great and it personalizes the concert to the city, as does the setlist. i just wish that they would play, oh, forty songs...but sometimes, you gotta go to several shows in different locales to get varied setlists...

- tom

and bono, if you read this, play East Lansing, Michigan (Michigan State University) - http://www.msu.edu

I hope they never play a U2 song anymore (they've played just about all of them already and why would I go to see them play 5 times every our + download 15 bootlegs to hear the same old stuff over & over) and just play R.E.M. covers (R.E.M. wrote some pretty great songs)

+ it's interesting that about half of the songs on the "Which U2 songs do you know they will never play again" weren't played live for a first time to begin with
so technically it would be impossible to play them live "again"

Back
Top Bottom