U2 Slane Preview/Giveaway - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-12-2003, 04:00 PM   #16
Offishul Kitteh Doctor
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 10:52 AM
HOLY COW I GOT 'EM!!!!!!!

The theater was no help, they said they were just renting the screen to the marketing group for the night, and didn't know what businesses in the area got tickets to give away. I decided to call the radio promo guy, to try to work my way back, ask if he could tell me what company they got their tickets through. He asked why I wanted to go so bad and I went on and on and he said he'd send me 2 tickets!

So..............now who gets to go

I had originally recruited April to listen to the radio so we were both trying to win (but she got the message too late). Since I was originally going to go with her, she has first dibs. But if she can't, highest bidder.....

Old 11-12-2003, 04:22 PM   #17
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:52 AM
CONGRATS!!

Highest bidder, eh? What's your currency?

Old 11-12-2003, 04:44 PM   #18
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 07:52 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by bonosloveslave
HOLY COW I GOT 'EM!!!!!!!

The theater was no help, they said they were just renting the screen to the marketing group for the night, and didn't know what businesses in the area got tickets to give away. I decided to call the radio promo guy, to try to work my way back, ask if he could tell me what company they got their tickets through. He asked why I wanted to go so bad and I went on and on and he said he'd send me 2 tickets!

So..............now who gets to go

I had originally recruited April to listen to the radio so we were both trying to win (but she got the message too late). Since I was originally going to go with her, she has first dibs. But if she can't, highest bidder.....
Congrats! If you'd like to do a write up on this for Interference, let me know.
Old 11-12-2003, 09:40 PM   #19
Offishul Kitteh Doctor
Forum Moderator

Between me and April (if she can go) I'm sure we will whip up something!
Old 11-18-2003, 11:38 AM   #20
Offishul Kitteh Doctor
Forum Moderator

Well, after all the hoopla leading up to this, there is not a whole lot to tell. I got there at 6 (it was supposed to start at 7) and there was no one else there til 6:40!

erised ended up going with me and it was nice to get the chance to meet her in person, and she was so sweet, she brought me a dvd of the 10/9/87 show at Syracuse to say thank you!

Anyways, there were 2 people from radio stations there (different from the station I got my tickets from, didn't see any of their people). They rigged a dvd player to play on the big screen, so it wasn't ideal, stretching out the pixels that much. That, and all the bumpy camera movement, especially at the begininng, took some getting used to erised and I just kinda grooved where we were at in our seats and enjoyed the show. The couple in front of us was pretty into it too, but a group of 4 weirdos behind us talked through the whole thing and I'm not sure why they were there. When Streets came on, someone said, Oh! I know *this* one! And eveyone has the dvd by now, so nothing exciting to tell there....

All in all, I counted about 20 people in the theater at the end of the show (and that may have included the 2 radio people!). We talked to 4 other people at the end who appeared to be the biggest fans and plugged Interference.

I was just really disappointed that this wasn't more of a fan event
Old 11-18-2003, 11:56 AM   #21
New Yorker

Local Time: 03:52 PM
CONGRATS!

When I went to the screening near me in the UK there were only 12 people there and I think me and my friend was the only major U2 fans there! Shame cos more people could have got to see it on the big screen! I was really hoping to meet some more U2 fans as well!
Old 11-18-2003, 12:07 PM   #22
Offishul Kitteh Doctor
Forum Moderator

That's cool that you got to go! I dunno, I guess I had stupid hopes for having an experience like people had for Rattle and Hum in the theaters, no such luck
Old 11-18-2003, 12:10 PM   #23
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally posted by bonosloveslave
That's cool that you got to go! I dunno, I guess I had stupid hopes for having an experience like people had for Rattle and Hum in the theaters, no such luck
Yeah I was well pleased when I won tickets, but i was teh same as you, thinking itwould be more of a fan event. Oh well was still great!!!

Did u get posters as well?
Old 11-18-2003, 12:15 PM   #24
Offishul Kitteh Doctor
Forum Moderator

No, I didn't see any posters around
Old 11-18-2003, 12:19 PM   #25
New Yorker

Oh well it was only posters of the cover of the DVD, the woman gave me and my friend 3 each cos there was hardly anyone there.
Old 11-18-2003, 12:35 PM   #26
Refugee

Local Time: 08:52 AM
I was able to buy tickets for 10 dollars each and see the dvd last night in San Francisco.... They made it soooo hard to get tickets and then in the end there were loads of seats empty! I was so pissed! But anyways, I met up with a couple of U2 fans I know in SF and we had a great time! There were about 100 people in the theatre, but the 4 of us were the only ones dancin' in our seats, we were like come on people its U2!! Get into it!!! It was awesome to see on the big screen and I cant wait to buy it after work so I can watch it again... and again.... and again!
And BLS there were no posters here either, but we did get to keep the cool tickets!
Old 11-18-2003, 12:49 PM   #27
Offishul Kitteh Doctor
Forum Moderator

Yeah, I have my ticket still too, just no way to scan it!

I wondered if it was just Detroit that was weird, but it sounds like most of these screenings were pretty quiet
Old 12-17-2003, 02:39 PM   #28
Babyface

Local Time: 04:52 PM

Yeh my screening was pretty empty too, at least we had the pick of the best seats though. I got about three posters and my mate got a few as well, they weren't giving them away but I saw them behind the desk and asked for some. Im so glad I got to see Slane on the big screen, it was difficult to remain seated and not jump up and dance at times but I guess I would of looked would have looked a bit stupid!!! Gives a real taster for the next tour as well ( whenever that may be, whos betting 2006 or beyond!?! )