U2/McCartney Sgt Pepper

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

starvinmarvin

Refugee
I love McCartney. I love U2. I love Sgt Pepper. But the version of the song played at Live 8 was pretty weak. I thought Larry in particular butchered the song - didn't get the groove right.

Actually, does anyone know where I can download this, I still haven't heard it?

I have to agree here,I think U2 alone would have been better as an opening act on their own because opening Live8 to Vertigo would have mindblowing IMO After Paul left the stage and U2 had the stage to themselves the place just rocked as well as my living room :ohmy:

agreed...the song isn't great by any means...the performance was boring AND seemed to have no energy whatsoever...oh well

uhh...no one here is being negative about U2...im justly criticizing both the SONG CHOICE and PERFORMANCE of a NON U2 song at a NON U2 event....i think we have a right to an opinion =)

rock888nwo said:
uhh...no one here is being negative about U2...im justly criticizing both the SONG CHOICE and PERFORMANCE of a NON U2 song at a NON U2 event....i think we have a right to an opinion =)

You do have that right.

I'm simply observing that it is a negative thread, among a sea of other negative threads. Look round the boards a little bit. Negative U2 threads are all the rage.

Only 6 people on these boards actually like U2 anyway.

ive looked around the boards plenty...and i dont have problems at all with negative threads...imo, u2 is the greatest band of all time...but they are not perfect...if you are talking about u2 bashing just for the sake of it, then i agree with you

financeguy said:
Actually, does anyone know where I can download this, I still haven't heard it?

iTunes. It's available as an official download (with all the profits going to charity).

is it true they are going to release it as a single? I'm sorry to say but if they are I'll buy it to support the charity but not cuz I liked the song,far from it I'm afraid :no:

I actually thought it turned out alright, but then again the Beatles version was nothing special either. Its hard to make a great performance out of a crap song.

I liked, but this was the songs first ever, time being played live, it was never meant to be played live, but i loved it, great song.

Aardvark747 said:
I thought it was cool. Bono seemed to be loving the "WE'D LOVE TO TAKE U HOME" line....:wink:

I agree - he did love that line - I was on the third row in the Gold Circle (the one with the Bono bag shown during Vertigo!). I think the only reason the song was chosen was purely for the "it was 20 years ago today" line, but when you were right at the front of the stage, the song did rock and you could see that the guys, especially Bono, were thrilled to be performing with Paul McCartney.

Irishteen said:
I liked, but this was the songs first ever, time being played live, it was never meant to be played live, but i loved it, great song.

Despite what Sir Paul said, he has played Sgt. Pepper live before.

I thought it was great! But I love the Beatles and love U2 so don't take my word for it! :)

rastacruz said:

Despite what Sir Paul said, he has played Sgt. Pepper live before.

I thought it was great! But I love the Beatles and love U2 so don't take my word for it! :)

Well any way its The Beatles, + U2=:drool: :drool:, I think they should make it has a live+studio joint album

U Beatles 2
Joshua Peppers 2

1. Sgt Pepper(U2 + Sir Paul)
2. Helter Skelter(U2 + Sir Paul)
3. Yellow Submarine(U2 + Sir Paul)
4. Beautiful Day (U2, Live8)
5. Vertigo (U2, Live8)
6. One(U2, Live8)
7. Mercy (U2)
8. Smile (U2)
9. Native Son(U2)
10. Xanix and Wine
11. What ever other songs Sir Paul played at Live 8
Then. Sgt. peppers(Live8 U2 + paul)
Closer. 40(U2 + Sir paul)

I thought it stunk.
Having said that U2 made it up with a great version of "One/Unchained Melody"!!!!!!!!!!!
Heck it was almost half as good as "Bad" Live Aid 1985.

Back
Top Bottom