U2 DVD Releases?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

starvinmarvin

Refugee
Does anybody know if/when the rumoured DVD box set will be released, as well as what it will comprise?

said to include 'Red Rocks', 'Zoo TV', 'Popmart', and the Point Depot show, I think...! :huh:

if we knew that we'd all be pumping the salami over it, wouldn't we?!

It's not even been confirmed this set exists, as far as I know :(

I've heard about Zoo, Red rocks, Popmart...but Point Depot?????????

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!!!!!! :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Thaw WOULD RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marvin, I doubt you will be any sadder about this than I am, but I have heard from a video store owner that Popmart will never be released on DVD because it wasn't a big seller.

ZOOTV wasn't supposed to be released because the band was unhappy with the way the pay per view video transferred to DVD.

Of course if it's a package deal we might get them all. I want Red Rocks!

Okay, I'm young so I don't know much about the tours. I know ZOOTV was Achtung Baby, and Popmart was Pop, but what is Red Rocks and Point Depot?

Red Rocks is a natural amphitheater in Denver that U2 played on the War Tour (if you've ever seen the video for Sunday Bloody Sunday, that was shot there).
The Point Depot is a venue in Dublin, where U2 played between Christmas and New Year in 1989, during the Lovetown Tour.

I still have Point Depot recorded on VHS, i was only one at the time, but my Dad said that what started me on U2, as I sat in fron of the tv totally warped by what was on the TV, even though I was one, I wasn't bothered by about 30 drunk people (it was new years day)

uwwedoogie said:
I still have Point Depot recorded on VHS, i was only one at the time, but my Dad said that what started me on U2, as I sat in fron of the tv totally warped by what was on the TV, even though I was one, I wasn't bothered by about 30 drunk people (it was new years day)

Was it broadcast in full? Wow.

I thought it was Red Rock, PopMart and Zoo TV, and probabley Chicago/Milan whichever they bring out first.

Back
Top Bottom