U2 babies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

isabelle_guns

Refugee
who here has gone to a U2 concert pregnant or taken their baby (5 years or so) to a U2 concert and how did they like it.

isabelle_guns said:
who here has gone to a U2 concert pregnant or taken their baby (5 years or so) to a U2 concert and how did they like it.

I didn't go to the Elevation concert precisely because I was pregnant. Babies in utero can hear outside noises, including music, and I would think that the volume of a rock concert could damage the baby's developing hearing. :(

I've done the next best thing, though; I show my little boy various U2 videos. He definitely seems to enjoy them, watching them in rapt attention! :)

I know someone who went to ZooTV when they were three ... they don't remember much of it, though.

i won't take my baby (to be born in september) to a rock concert - anything could happen with large crowds and loud music. I will play U2 cds and dvds on a daily basis though when the baby is born. i may even give it a UF Bono mullet - lollolol - kidding

I took my wife to Popmart (RFK Stadium, Wash DC) when she was 7 months pregnant with my first daughter. Unless your going to a heavy metal show, I don't think you have a great deal to worry about. My wife is extremely cautious about this kinda thing too, I know she asked her doc about going beforehand.

Worked out great for me, I got to party down since she was the designated driver. :drunk:

My kids have cried at the July 4th fireworks, or if our home stereo was up too loud. I'd never waste a concert ticket on them yet. ;)

I loved the JT album when I was five, and my parents would play it for me in the car, whenever we went anywhere. Apparently, I was well behaved only when it was on. However, I personally don't think a rock concert is the right place for children, even if they like the music. Personally, I was scared of loud noises, like a lot of kids are. My parents took me to see fireworks, and to this day, I'm still afraid of them. Putting aside tramatizing the kids, what about the other people at the show? I wouldn't care, but there are people in the world who would not appreciate it.

As far as going to a concert while pregnant, I would ask my doctor if it was okay.

My first U2 concert was when I was four, it was over 16 years ago and I still have vivid memories of it.
I would like to use this opportunity to thank my parents for having the good judgement to take me to the show and for making me a U2 fan from birth. :applaud: :hug:

I havent been to a U2 concert pregnant but I have been to a Youssou N'Dour concert pregnant. He had 4 drummers. As did the support band that played before him.

The baby kicked along with all of them. I couldnt breath and Im sure I had internal bruising for weeks afterwards.

I wouldnt recommend it unless you were going to see some kind of peaceful new age dolphin/waterfall music band.

My near 4 year old sticks her fingers in her ears and crys if the noises at the shopping centre get too loud so theres no way I would pay money to take her to a concert. Not until shes bigger.

Just my $0.02 worth.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom