U2 Art

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vox1254

The Fly
Hey! I'm new around here and wanted to share some of my U2 related art work. I'd be curious to see if anyone else has any.
Let me know what you think!

Bono_by_Vox16.jpg

Bono_and_Kenny_Chesney_by_Vox16.jpg

A friend of mine loves Kenny Chesney. This is a friendship piece.

They're 18 x 24 pencil drawings. Yeah we pick on each other about our musical tastes. But I'm proud to say our boys are the biggest on the planet.
Here are the bigger versions...

Bono_by_Vox16.jpg

Bono_and_Kenny_Chesney_by_Vox16.jpg

Thanks a lot. The Bono one is my favorite, along with one of Batman I did. Do you have any U2 related art work? Or a website? Hearing from a teacher is always great.

My ultimate dream is to get one of these signed. I'm hoping to do a full set of drawings of U2. Each one from a different era.

Vox1254 said:
Thanks a lot. The Bono one is my favorite, along with one of Batman I did. Do you have any U2 related art work? Or a website? Hearing from a teacher is always great.

My ultimate dream is to get one of these signed. I'm hoping to do a full set of drawings of U2. Each one from a different era.

I did a charcoal of U2 back when I was in high school, but don't have it anymore.

Not a teacher, but thanks.

Just an artist and art buff. Studied art in school.

I'm working on a website as we speak.

I'd love to see your batman, for I'm a huge fan.

You can check out one of my works in my journal if you are interested.

I love the left hand side of the second drawing! It is beaaaaaaaaautiful... The other half not that much, though it has nothing to do with your workmanship :happy:

Thanks for sharing them :love:

Thanks guys! Like I said before...I'm anxious to start working on my big U2 drawing project. I'll definitly hit up the forum and show you guys as I go. Here's that Batman drawing...

Batman_by_Vox16.jpg

Thanks! Have you seen the new movie? Freakin amazing flick!

I'm hoping to work on a bunch of drawings for each era of U2. Here's what I'm thinkin....

1. Boy era
2. War Era
3. Joshua Tree Era
4. Zoo Era
5. Pop Era
6. Atomic Era

wow that's beautiful :love:

you have amazing talent. :applaud:

and that batman one... :ohmy:
just blew me away. incredible.

Thank you so much! Everyone here is helping to push myself to start working on these next few drawings. Would you guys wanna check out a project I did in class last year? I have a degree in Graphic Design and in one of my classes we were studying deconstruction design. We had to study different designers and incorporate our favorite overall designers into it. My favorite designer is hands down Four5One. So I made a fake rock band and a fake album to display my work for the project. Anyways, here it is. It was influenced by Four5One....

Transmission_CD_Cover_and_Book_by_Vox16.jpg

Oh yeah. Why did I not post this before? Here's another project. I had to design a poster for a fake rock concert for any band of my choice. The only limitations I had was that I could only use Illustrator...

U2_Poster_by_Vox16.jpg

You are extremely talented. I have a degree from FIT (NYC) Design also. Where do you go to school?

I had a class called corporate design. We had to take something and follow through with the same insigna etc. I took SPIN magazine, did letterhead, refurbed the cover etc. and guess who was on the cover? Back in 1987...U2 ofcourse.

I hope you get you work signed by them and hang it where you can be proud!!!!:wink:

Vox1254 said:
Thank you so much! Everyone here is helping to push myself to start working on these next few drawings. Would you guys wanna check out a project I did in class last year? I have a degree in Graphic Design and in one of my classes we were studying deconstruction design. We had to study different designers and incorporate our favorite overall designers into it. My favorite designer is hands down Four5One. So I made a fake rock band and a fake album to display my work for the project. Anyways, here it is. It was influenced by Four5One....

[image cut to conserve space]

That's very cool, I like that a lot. Fantastic work. :up: Do you, by any chance, have a link to some slightly larger images of that project? I'd love to see that fifth image in greater detail! Great stuff. You're very talented. Love the pencil sketchings as well!

Back
Top Bottom