U2 are driving around NYC playing on the back of a truck

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Crazy Stuff!!!

u2log.com

U2 playing NYC from the back of a truck…
~E // 22-11-04 // 04:16 PM // full post
Robin contacted us to say U2 were playing in front of Columbia University at approx 11:15 EST. Eyewitness reports say the band are playing from the back of a flatbed truck, and will be making random stops throughout the city all day until the concert at 3. Let’s hope they’ve buckled up!

More info as it comes in…

That is freakin' cool
It appears that U2 wants their own parade - no doubt this will be filtered into videos/u2.com (hopefully)

im pissed off that bono doesnt venture out into the crowd like he used to. thats disappointing.

:evil:

Last edited:
Update:

U2 playing NYC from the back of a truck…
~E // 22-11-04 // 04:16 PM // full post
Robin contacted us to say U2 were playing in front of Columbia University at approx 11:15 EST.

At 12:30 people arriving at Washington Square Park are redirected to the Brooklyn location, but with more police showing up. Possibly Washington Square Park will be hit later down the road.

Eyewitness reports confirm the rumour we reported previously, saying the band are playing from the back of a flatbed truck, and will be making random stops throughout the city all day until the concert at 3. Let’s hope they’ve buckled up!

Jonathan mailed in to say the band are actually filming the video for “All Because of You” during the performances on the flatbed truck.

More info as it comes in…

Now that would be a fun way to run the NYC Marathon. . .chasing U2 (performing on a flatbed) around in running shoes. Hell, I might even set a world record.

I have it first hand that they are indeed playing as it is moving....stop the traffic has a whole new meaning!!!!

Has anyone built that time machine yet (the one that only works for a week or so)? I need to go back to at least yesterday and get my ass to NYC!!!

:greenwithenvy:

you new yorkers are soooooooo lucky! i can't even buy the damned new CD until tomorrow.... :mad:

could be the video for 'city of blinding lights'... that would be très cool.

:drool:

:scream: AAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!! I need video footage - NOW!

Whyyyyyy didn't I just call in Dead to work & drive to NY city last night?!?!?!?! whhyyyyyyy!?!?!? :faint:

Oh man !!!

I just saw them drive by Broadway and Larry jumped off the truck and ran into a theater. I think I heard him say something like "See you lads. I'm gonna audition for Fiddler on the Roof. I'm gonna be a starrrrrrrrrrrrrr"

Unbelievable.............:ohmy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom