U2 360° At The Rose Bowl DVD & Blu-Ray - [Possible New Songs] - All Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Check it out: this image is listed at U2.com as FINAL COVER :drool:

Thumbnail (click for full size)

Last edited by a moderator:
bonocomet, where on U2.com? i just went there and didn't see anything.

if they are indeed posting the cover, then hopefully they'll say whether or not there are new songs on the SDHST$ version.

Pride, Mysterious Ways, I think, and 1 or 2 others. I can't remember off the top of my head.

Breathe is a very good song but not a great opener (put Breathe near the end, after Streets). And if I’m going to buy a U2 DVD that documents a concert I want the full experience. And the “Kingdom” to “Breathe” intro wasn’t the best by U2 standards but that’s what they presented so I want to be able to relive that experience.

An artificial/edited “Boots” intro is weak because it didn’t happen.

From U2 Tour.de:

"U2 360° At The Rose Bowl" lautet der offizielle Name der neuen U2 DVD, die in den USA am 3. Juni 2010 erscheinen wird. In Europa wird mit dem Erscheinen am 7. Juni 2010 gerechnet.. Die DVD enthält das U2-Konzert vom 25.10.2009 aus dem Rose Bowl nahe Los Angeles. Das Cover könnt Ihr Euch hier ansehen. Laut amazon (hier klicken) erscheint die DVD in 4 Formaten (Standard, Limited Deluxe Edition, Limited Super Deluxe Edition und Blu-ray). Laut dem Online-Händler EiL ist die Trackliste des Konzertes bis auf Breathe komplett. Es wird spekuliert, dass die DVD möglicherweise zusätzlich einen Code enthält, mit welchem man dann neue U2-Songs herunterladen kann. Wir sind gespannt, ob dies tatsächlich so kommen wird.

Nothing confirmed yet about the new songs, but it could be !!!

its the two you mentioned...I just checked. good memory. i was at that show but i haven't seen the dvd in a couple years.

^ The pictures just about broke my internetz!

Dunno if it has been mentioned, but breathe had pretty terrible audio. They made some adjustments after breathe and they still had some echo, but maybe breathe was unsaveable? Surely they could have patched something together from other shows so it was on there, but still it could have something to do with it ?

Can we maybe just post a link to pics that big? Horizontal scroll is the devil.

Also, love the cover. I do wish they would deviate from the orange/red thing they've had going on for the last 11 years, but still, great photo. Such a simple angle/setup, yet it really gives you a great scope.

It would have looked better with a blue filter

Apologies for spamming, but is it worth mentioning that NLOTH tracklist announcement was made by U2 at about 11am Aus EST... They seem to be gearing up for it with the cover on the press page. only 2.5 hours to go....

^ The pictures just about broke my internetz!

Dunno if it has been mentioned, but breathe had pretty terrible audio. They made some adjustments after breathe and they still had some echo, but maybe breathe was unsaveable? Surely they could have patched something together from other shows so it was on there, but still it could have something to do with it ?

Exactly. I don't think it may be left off due to any minor league sexual reference. Just about every U2 live home video release has omitted anywhere from one to several songs dating back to the original release of "Live At Red Rocks."

As for the reason for the 2 dvd version, I'd guess the first disc is just the concert and the second disc is the bonus material which follows the pattern of previous live dvd releases the past decade. I would *not* be surprised if the uber-edition is just a vinyl album of remixes of songs from NLOTH or the audio of the LA show on cd and/or vinyl. I would not get my hopes up for anything substantial as far as new songs.

Apologies for spamming, but is it worth mentioning that NLOTH tracklist announcement was made by U2 at about 11am Aus EST... They seem to be gearing up for it with the cover on the press page. only 2.5 hours to go....

good call Dan. i think we're close to an announcement too. hopefully this announcement includes confirmation of new songs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom