Two Shots Of Happy One Shot Of Sad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

namkcuR

ONE love, blood, life
Is there an actual studio version of this, or is the version of it on the IGWSHA single the live recording from Sinatra's birthday thing?

According to U2wanderer that version of the IGWSHA single is a studio recording.

Two Shots of Happy, One Shot of Sad: Music by Bono and the Edge. Lyrics by Bono. Produced by Nellee Hooper. Recorded and mixed by Mark 'Spike' Stetn. Programming and keyboards by Marius de Vries. String arrangement by Craig Armstrong.

http://www.u2wanderer.org/disco/sing042.html

That doesn't convince me though, because I have never ever heard of a recording of Two Shots other than the recording at Frank's birthday party.

Does anyone know definitively(maybe own the If God... single?) if the Two Shots on the If God... single is a different recording than the one at Frank's birthday party?

neutral said:
I have the single, it comes with Complete U2. Umm I just got the version from Sinatra's birthday party, they're the same. :der:

So the version of Two Shots in the Complete U2 is the one from Sinatra's birthday party? Ok, good :wink:

They're identical. Bono performed it for Sinatra over satellite (similar to the recent performance of "Don't Take Your Guns To Town" for Johnny Cash), which is why the officially released version doesn't sound live.

It was recorded in the studio in dublin when Bono sang it for Frank Sinatras birthday party...I have it on tape...they cut off the ending where he said Happy Birthday Frank on the single.

Back
Top Bottom