TOTP Video on VH1 or MTV?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rjhbonovox

Refugee
Will that recording (totp dublin studio shot) find its way on to the other music channels like VH1 or MTV? Anyone have any ideas about this, or will it be shown on any other channels because it was obviously not exclusively made for totp cos they only showed 2mins of it the stupid fuc#in idiots! I hope to see the full version of that.

Urgh, let's hope it never appears again. If they were actually performing, then I'd want to see it, but miming?!

my theory is is that that was part of the filming for the vertigo music video, we'll see parts of those clips cut into the official video, but most of the music video will be from the very publicized video shoot.. they probably just cut this start to finish so that they had it ready to cut into the full music video.. someone mentioned that this was a "live" performance in another thread.. it wasn't live, it was mimed, and it wasn't even done in one cut, you can tell there are at least 2 or 3 cuts that were done

Guys it was meant to be mimed and nobody claimed it was meant to be a 'live' performance. U2 will be doing TOTP in 2 weeks. Anyway, I thought it was a great performance, U2 look fantastic.

AussieU2fanman said:
Guys it was meant to be mimed and nobody claimed it was meant to be a 'live' performance. U2 will be doing TOTP in 2 weeks. Anyway, I thought it was a great performance, U2 look fantastic.

It was disgusting. I don't want to see some guys prancing around PRETENDING to play, I want to see the live performance that we were promised for the DVD (that I thought they were showing on TOTP). Miming is what Britney freakin' Spears does.

Axver said:

It was disgusting. I don't want to see some guys prancing around PRETENDING to play, I want to see the live performance that we were promised for the DVD (that I thought they were showing on TOTP). Miming is what Britney freakin' Spears does.

It's meant to be a promotional video clip. All video clips are mimed versions. The official video clip will be mimed and so was this promotional clip. Rest assured, they will be playing this live all over the place (Their first debut live performance will be on TOTP according to my knowledge).
I don't think anybody ever thought that it will be a live performance, I know I knew it wouldn't be.

relax axver, it's a music video, no one sings there music videos live and no one promised this was live nor the dvd version.

The band were in top shape, I'm VERY VERY impressed, they look GREAT and ready to ROCK!!!!!!!!!

That's true, I work at TOTP (well, in the Netherlands then, so I don't know exactly how this went), but they will play LIVE in the studio in two weeks time. This was some sort of promotional video, so it's normal that they mimed in it.

It was definitely just a promo vid, hence the background and the miming. Bit annoying that TOTP claimed they'd be showing the new video and even more annoying that they cut it short.

Good lord, aren't some people being a little unreasonable? It was a PROMOTIONAL CLIP!

The FLY was lip synced - that's what you do in music videos.

mobonofo said:
Good lord, aren't some people being a little unreasonable? It was a PROMOTIONAL CLIP!

The FLY was lip synced - that's what you do in music videos.

I have to agree with you. The only live performance in a video that you're going to get is when they issue a DVD from a live concert performance from the upcoming tour (ala Slane, Boston).

A music video will always be lip synched to the tune on the radio/CD.

Did any of you actually think they were playing live on the Beautiful Day or Walk On videos, or any produced video for that matter?

I am actually enjoying it quite a bit. It's great to see Bono's dancing bit while he's singing "They know that they can't dance" part.

i never implied that it should have been a live performance, if anything is being directed towards me, just saying that i think these clips will be used in the real music video because they are very good :) (especially the start of bono counting up and him floating while everyone else is playing at normal speed)

wtf do you think music videos are anyways? shit, they are all nonlive performances. why do you expect something else? it wont happen you'll just have to wait to see them live.

Back
Top Bottom