This is just...wow...my god...awful

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's nice that they like U2, but I have not liked one lick that I've heard by Paramore. I actively sought their music out after I kept hearing them mentioned online. Not for me.

I actually think Paramore is pretty decent.

edit: Eh, on second thought, this cover is getting really irritating. I have to erase this from my mind with the real thing. I still think Paramore a decent band though.

Last edited:
I did not need to hear that.

The first sentence was ok, but by the time she got to the second, nah. Forget it.

That being said, U2 have themselves done some pretty mediocre covers. And, of course, some really good ones.

major_panic said:
That being said, U2 have themselves done some pretty mediocre covers. And, of course, some really good ones.

The pivotal difference is that at least when U2 do mediocre covers, they don't have that hideous tart on vocals.

I wonder what kind of reaction U2 would have gotten if they had first started out in a world like ours.

Honestly? I think they'd be fairly well received by the blogger set. If Boy just came out now, they wouldn't be compared to U2, anyway. :wink:

Hopefully the "worst cover band in the world" wouldn't attempt any of the classics :wink:

Honestly though, the comments toward Paramore don't seem necessary. I'm not really a fan of the band, only hear them on the radio , and I swear it's normally not as bad as this. The band is just starting out apparently, and this is actually the only time I've ever heard anything negative about the singer's voice. In fact, everything else I hear is positive. I recall Bono wasn't all that great back then either. He said it himself. Of course, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but some of it here isn't in very good taste.

Last edited:
yertle-the-turtle said:
Fall Out Boy do 'Love Will Tear Us Apart', too! :D:D

My friend tried to get me to listen to that...I declined.

Panic! at the Disco do Karma Police :/ though honestly their cover wasn't as bad as I thought it was gonna be.

WCF - I just don't like the style of her voice. she's not a BAD singer, just annoying. I hate the whole emo style of singing. It's whiney. The way she sings Sunday Bloody Sunday makes it sound like a breakup song, as one of the earlier posts said, and the music is incredibly poppy. It doesn't fit the mood of the original at all. Paramore could have covered a U2 "love" song like One or WOWY and maybe people would have cared less... especially One, because pretty much everyone covers that song anyway :wink:

ultimately though, it's pretty forgettable. as long as it doesn't become a single or anything, who cares. there are lots of bad covers out there.

europop2005 said:
at least James Blunt gets it somewhat right...

ladies and gentleman i present you...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ptOkP2eZZek

srinoaheartlys-rainbowpuke.jpg

as regards the paramore cover, it's not as bad as some of you make it out to be.

i mean, it doesn't make a lot of sense. almost none. ... really close to almost none.

but i've heard worse just the same.

europop2005 said:
at least James Blunt gets it somewhat right...

ladies and gentleman i present you...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ptOkP2eZZek

It wasn't THAT bad. I mean it was horrible, but not make-you-wanna-throw-yourself-off-the-Empire State building-painful like the Paramore SBS cover was.

And I would like to state that anyone who denies that they love "MmmBop" is a liar of epic proportions.

U2isthebest said:

It wasn't THAT bad. I mean it was horrible, but not make-you-wanna-throw-yourself-off-the-Empire State building-bad like the Paramore SBS cover was.

And I would like to state that anyone who denies that they love "MmmBop" is a liar of epic proportions.

I am a liar of epic proportions...

Back
Top Bottom