Things you shouldn't admit here...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
With or Without You is the shit. By which I mean that it is shit.
The only good version of Still Haven't Found is the gospel rendition on Rattle and Hum.
The only good versions of One are Automatic Baby, War Child, Zoo TV Live from Sydney, DC Millennium New Year's Eve, and... Mary J. Blige
The Vertigo Tour solo on BTBS kicks ass
Joshua Tree has precisely two great songs (Streets and RTSS, unless you count live versions of Exit and One Tree Hill)
Stranger in a Strange Land kicks ass, especially that opening :drool:
Vertigo Tour Live from Chicago isn't that bad
The Refugee and UF Tour cersion of Seconds are two of their greatest works ever. Ever.
Hands That Built America is really nice, especially the marimba
Atomic Bomb is complete shite, excluding COBL and OSC, and focusing in on Crumbs and Miracle Drug

I love U2!

HTDAAB
War
The Joshua Tree
Achtung Baby
October

I agree that U2 are all that sexy. They really are just ordinary-looking men that you wouldn't bat an eyelash at in the real world. Sorry! But I love their music.

I can't stand Mercy. I think it's terribly overblown, repetitive, and boring. I'm thrilled it was cut from HTDAAB.

If I had only heard the studio version of One Tree Hill, I wouldn't like the song.

I thought the Chicago DVD was great. Of course, it was the first U2 DVD that I saw, so I had nothing to compare it to. But taken on its own, I thought it was really strong.

I thought One with MJB was terrific, and I love her take on the song.

there must be a better way...

bayou12780 said:
I still think their best concert is from the BBC Live Broadcast on May 31, 1978...

Another Time, Another Place
Alone In The Dark
False Prophet
Inside Out
Jack In The Box
Tonight
The Dream Is Over
The Fool
The Magic Carpet
Street Mission
Trevor
Shadows and Tall Trees

OK, this was a royal pain in the ass but uploaded to rapid share. Could not figure out how to put it in a folder so you have to download each file... yes I know but we must suffer for the music. Of course, replace xx with tt and remove space in between rapid and share.

hxxp://rapid share.com/files/23112548/1978_-_BBC_Live_Broadcast_-_01_-_Another_Time_Another_Place_mp3
hxxp://rapid share.com/files/23113971/1978_-_BBC_Live_Broadcast_-_02_-_Alone_in_the_Dark_mp3
hxxp://rapid share.com/files/23113972/1978_-_BBC_Live_Broadcast_-_03_-_False_Prophet_mp3
hxxp://rapid share.com/files/23113973/1978_-_BBC_Live_Broadcast_-_04_-_Inside_Out_mp3
hxxp://rapid share.com/files/23113974/1978_-_BBC_Live_Broadcast_-_05_-_Jack_In_The_Box_mp3
hxxp://rapid share.com/files/23113975/1978_-_BBC_Live_Broadcast_-_06_-_Tonight_mp3
hxxp://rapid share.com/files/23113977/1978_-_BBC_Live_Broadcast_-_07_-_The_Dream_Is_Over_mp3
hxxp://rapid share.com/files/23113979/1978_-_BBC_Live_Broadcast_-_08_-_The_Fool_mp3
hxxp://rapid share.com/files/23113980/1978_-_BBC_Live_Broadcast_-_09_-_The_Magic_Carpet_mp3
hxxp://rapid share.com/files/23113981/1978_-_BBC_Live_Broadcast_-_10_-_Street_Mission_mp3
hxxp://rapid share.com/files/23113982/1978_-_BBC_Live_Broadcast_-_11_-_Trevor_mp3
hxxp://rapid share.com/files/23114180/1978_-_BBC_Live_Broadcast_-_12_-_Shadows_and_Tall_Trees_mp3

If anyone can combine and zip, have at it. Also tried to upload to u2start.com and couldn't get it to work.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
i don't know what that song was that they played over the PA before city of blinding lights

:lmao:

I love Mercy. That was hip for awhile, but now it seems to be more hip to hate it. I think it's better than anything on HTDAAB.

I like U2.com, the forum, way more than this forum. I just don't see the comraderie here, that I see over there. :shrug:

If Adam was closer to my age, and not famous, both single, yeah, I'd chat him up.

Interference may be the haven for the militant wing of the U2 fan base. I wonder if Larry has personally browsed here.

October is in my top 5 U2 albums.

Zootlesque said:

Okay, 2 questions:

a. Do you like anything from the 90s? :lol: (honest qn, not sarcastic)

Yep - Zoo Station, One, EBTTRT, Acrobat, Ultraviolet, UTEOTW, Salome, Lady With The Spinning Head, The First Time, Stay, The Wanderer, Discotheque, Gone, Please, POPMART!!, new Sweetest Thing, Slug, TGBHF, most of ATYCLB if that still counts as 90s....

b. I don't really know what you mean by Kermit-style vocals circa 1986-1990 :uhoh:

The terrible technique of his vocals sounds like Kermit the Frog. Since most of those songs have newer live versions and Bono's vocal technique has steadily improved (even though the quality of his voice is obviously declining), I'd rather listen to the live versions of songs from the Kermit era :wink:

It's hard to define that Kermit thing, and yet "Kermit" seems so accurate when I think about it.

Something like Bono reaching for a big, high note and he does it from the back of his throat and kind of swallows it, and sounds kind of like Kermit the Frog.

i still havent found what im looking for is a good example. he even looks like kermit in the video.

bono should shut up, stop campaigning and do what singers do. SING BITCH SING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wild honey, a man and a woman, drowning man and acrobat are great songs bitches.

what is edge's cholesterol level?

the 00's? what 00's? they broke up after Zooropa and just recently got back together. there is no 00's bitches. NO FRIGGIN 00's.

i like big butts.

TGBHF makes me cry.

the utada hikaru cover of WOWY is amazing.

i like ABBA.

I thought/think MacPhisto was embarrassing. (Mirrorball man was OK, should have been as far as he went with it)

I like "The Refugee" one of my favorite songs on War.

I think Zooropa is U2's 2nd worst album. (October being the first)

I dont think Zoo TV was anywhere near U2's best tour.

I thought the Vertigo tour blew the Elevation tour away.

I think that Zooropa is U2's best album

Some Days Are Better Than Others is way underrated

Achtung Baby doesn't even place in my top 5 U2 albums

HTDAAB is pretty darn great

The opening trio of JT is overrated, and the real reason that album is a masterpiece is because of tracks 4-9

I like PLEBA.
I think this forum is creeping me out.
I think Zoo TV is overrated, I am not into it at all. Not even after watching the Sydney DVD.
I can't get into Zooropa, really.
I like their 00 stuff.
I can't stand hearing WOWY on the radio.
I love the live version of 40, but am very unhappy with the studio version.
I have actually liked the MJB version of One, but got a bit tired of it by now.
Pop has really grown on me.
I think Bono is an interesting and attractive man.
I don't think that of Larry.
I don't listen to U2 every day.
I don't like Pearl Jam.

:reject:

Blue Room said:
I thought/think MacPhisto was embarrassing. (Mirrorball man was OK, should have been as far as he went with it)

:yes: I would settle just for The Fly, even. Macphisto was overdoing it.

Popmart was trying to outdo Zoo TV and failed.

Popmart was NOT a great tour.

Pop IS a great album.

October is a great album.

Miracle Drug and Walk on are shit.

i really liked the Chicago DVD but think Milan is the WORST U2 live show I've ever seen.

00's bono really annoyss me off in a way I never thought he could.

Passengers IS a u2 album.

Passengers is a GREAT U2 album.

Shaun Vox is fucking cool, where is he???

U2Man said:
i dream of paul mcguiness at night.

Who doesn't? :drool:

xaviMF22 said:
I despise HTDAAB :mad:

Nooo? Really???? :shocked: :wink:

corianderstem said:
It's hard to define that Kermit thing, and yet "Kermit" seems so accurate when I think about it.

Something like Bono reaching for a big, high note and he does it from the back of his throat and kind of swallows it, and sounds kind of like Kermit the Frog.

Oh here we go with the Kermit bashing again... Leave the frog alone people!!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom