Their best performance on a song

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tonyhotland

The Fly
Just a thought I had yesterday when i was listening to Bad.
I really think this is Bono's best vocal performance ever. I mean, the emotion, the rawness, the technique. And when you hear it live, it's just a completely brand new feeling every single time..

I know no shit about music instruments, so I can't really say even for myself which is Larry or Edge or Adam's best performance. I like Edge's guitar in Pride. Or Larry's drumming in I Will Follow. But really, that's an amateur listening :(

Any thoughts?

On an album, With Or Without You is their finest performance.

In terms of live performances, both Bad and Bullet The Blue Sky from the Boston DVD rank very high and are 2 of their finest moments.

Any idea which song has Adam's best bass playing? First to my mind is With Or Without You, really then again it's an amateur listening :wink:

Oh, yeah, I also definitely think Larry's fantastic in Acrobat.

Ultraviolet seems the best song for the instruments and the vocals for a studio album.
As for live performances, Bad Rattle and Hum version is the best one I think

As for live performances, Mysterious Ways from Dublin 28th August 1993, or maybe One from Rounday Park, Leeds on PopMart.

As for studio, gotta agree with Bad.

adams strongest songs are from the pre jt era, mainly october
(gloria:drool: )larrys strongest songs are from war and i threw a brick. edges best songs are streets and bad.
as for bono, his best are pride (studio), bad and one tree hill

As far as studio performances? I've always been partial to I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For. Not one of my favorite songs, but I definitely feel each member is giving their best performance here. Especially Bono. It's actually probably my favorite studio Bono vocal.

I was pretty impressed with Kite at the first Melbourne concert. I saw 2 shows in Sydney, but that version on the 18th was awesome.
Maybe it was the great taping skills 'Blackout' on the bootleg, but wow, Bono's voice was amazing.

I've always said I wanted Kite played at my funeral ... I think that version is going to be it.

Acrobat or Crumbs or The Fly.

Given how the boys were allegedly drunk when they recorded Crumbs, that's an interesting choice. :)

Studio, I'd have to give it to the album version of Mysterious Ways. Just a masterpiece of vocals, guitar, a great beat, and production.
Live, their consistently best song over the years has been Streets, though Bad is a close second.

Back
Top Bottom