The Remaining

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which are you most looking forward to hearing an official version of?

• All Because of You

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Love & Peace or Else

Votes: 8 13.6%
  • Miracle Drug

Votes: 27 45.8%
  • Sometimes You Can't Make it On Your Own

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • City of Blinding Lights

Votes: 6 10.2%
  • A Man and A Woman

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yahweh

Votes: 7 11.9%
  • Crumbs from Your Table

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Other - Original of the Species, Full Metal Jacket/Native Son, etc (Please State!)

Votes: 6 10.2%

• Total voters

DaveC

Blue Crack Addict
Of the songs we haven't heard official versions of yet, which are you most excited to hear an official version of?

Please vote above.

Me personally is Miracle Drug. The 1:11 of this that we have so far sends chills through me every time I hear it, despite yapping Spaniards and waves crashing away. I think this song might sneak its way into my Top 5 U2 songs.

EDIT: Mod, this was originally about the 3 leaks but I changed my mind while posting the poll. Please change the topic title to the post title I edited to above. Also, can you please add an option to the poll right before "Other" for "Tough"? Thanks!!

Last edited:
I can't wait to hear Yahweh. City Of Blinding Lights intrigues me, but being a theological nerd, Yahweh stands out the most to me. When I get the album, I'll probably play it first regardless of its position on the tracklisting.

I'm intrigued to hear "the mother of all rock and roll tunes" and "the reason to make an album" aka Full metal jacket. Even if it is titled differently.

love and peace or else for me - just because u2 usually write great songs about those subjects

either that or full metal jacket cos like u2 girl said - its had some pretty amazing comments made about it

DaveC said:
Me personally is Miracle Drug. The 1:11 of this that we have so far sends chills through me every time I hear it, despite yapping Spaniards and waves crashing away.

Same here - I think it's going to be stunning; despite the yapping Spaniards it brings tears to my eyes.

Cannot WAIT to see what the boys have been busy cooking up for us these past few years! :bow:

I didn't listen to the clips either, but the lyrics of Miracle Drug that were posted today are quite interesting and remind me of Achtung Baby in some way, so I'll go for it.

I really want to hear Edge sing so I'm looking forward to Miracle Drug. (I'm hoping he sings on that track anyway). But I've been wanting to hear Full Metal Jacket since it was rumored to be a title. :up:

Miracle Drug.

From what I hear on the leak, it sounds like it's got that big epic sweep that U2 is known for. Maybe like "Bad" crossed with "WOWY" in terms of scope.

I'm intrigued by some of the other titles (especially "City of Blinding Lights"), but with nothing to go on, they may be completely different songs than what the title suggests. So, for the others, I'm just going to see where it takes me on first listen.

Make you say Interference Martha is always right and not Martha Stewart:) Hehehe.

I'm looking forward to City of Blinding Lights. I have a feeling that this song may either be a hard rocker, or something in the style of MLK, Running to Stand Still or If you Wear That Velvet Dress (I of course mean musically speaking, nothing more, and nothing less.)

Last edited:
As curious as I am about Yahweh, I am going to jump on the bandwagon and say Miracle Drug; that song has soul!

The slide solo is pretty neat; I love playing it on my guitar!

I wanted to hear Miracle Drug a lot more than Vertigo, though I still love Vertigo. :reject:

I want to hear "Crumbs" and "City of Blinding Lights" because their kind of unknown and have interesting titles. Would also like to hear "One Step Closer" because it was at least started with Gallagher. Don't really care about Miracle drug and L&P or else, I heard the leaks and I know their going to rock and be real incredible.

Actually, I realized something. "Original of the Species" has had my attention for a long time because I am always coming across it somewhere....so yea I should have voted for that. :|

Back
Top Bottom