The Crystal Ballroom - Song Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The 12" mix is really good IMO. Given that you like the original mix this is even better than real thing. Rightly labeled as a Mix not a Remix. Basicaly it's longer with more of everything and the middle section even more out there. Like they did them in the 80's.

BigMacPhisto: I like this song better than every track on SOI barring "California"...this is catchy as hell and finds them outside of their comfort zone. Very Depeche Mode sounding.

I am with you guys, which I know I don't say often. I love this song. This is what I love about this band. They can catch me forgetting that it's them! That's how cool and different and well done this song is.
I totally agree that this should have been on SOI, instead of SFS.
Or at least ON the proper record somewhere.

I like this song better than Miracle, SFS, This is Where..., Iris, and Cedarwood.

Just have to quote this because these are my thoughts exactly. :up:
This together with the California alternative version. With the horn section makes it worth buying the deluxe edition.

My new life goal is to picket every U2 live concert I can with signs begging them to play Crystal ballroom live.

Ballroom is their attempt for Daft Punk´s Get Lucky, it has great, great potential, but it is unfortunately partly ruined by kind of lazy, tired vocal delivery by Bono and random guitar work by Edge at the ending part. Very solid song, but kinda wasted opportunity...

This rocks and funks! More more more! Edge does Carlos Santana, Adam kicking it with his bass, sexy vocals, sweet drums. :up:

PLEASE boys, make this your new single. I know you're gonna go w/ Every Breaking Wave, but you already did The Miracle, so I'm asking, PLEASE TCB!!!

Oh, and need music video of this pronto!!

OK, thanks!

Merry Christmas to you too! :heart:

Oh, wait. I want your time machine too. No way are you all in your 50s!! :sexywink:

As a number of other posters i think that this should be the single. Among with ebw it had the biggest hit potential.
Maybe it is not the best song on this double album but it's the catchiest and most fun song of all...
I can't get enough of it

Sent from my LG-D855 using U2 Interference mobile app

Im listening to the stream of the vinyl mix on u2.com. Im liking it, very groovy and i cant think of a u2 song that sounds like it. Its got a disco feel to it

I havent heard the album version yet, is it much different?

It's longer.

:ohmy:

Aha, so this is the "old school" approach where the 12" mix is an extended version of the "regular" one (in other words, I was incorrectly referring to it as a "remix").

Are folks going to do an extended song ranking of SOI including the new tracks? If so, for me Crystal Ballroom is going to end up very highly ranked on my list.

I like SOI a lot as an album, but as in individual track, this may be the first one to invade my head and take over. It's just too damn catchy and it's different. And the lyrics work well in the context of the song.

I think this is their best shot at a hit single too, I could absolutely hear this being played on the radio, as a 23 year old who knows a bit about what gets played on the radio in the USA these days. Plus it would be a great way to promote the physical album. Furthermore, it's not what my generation would "expect" from U2. And that is very important.

I like SOI a lot as an album, but as in individual track, this may be the first one to invade my head and take over. It's just too damn catchy and it's different. And the lyrics work well in the context of the song.

I think this is their best shot at a hit single too, I could absolutely hear this being played on the radio, as a 23 year old who knows a bit about what gets played on the radio in the USA these days. Plus it would be a great way to promote the physical album. Furthermore, it's not what my generation would "expect" from U2. And that is very important.

It would be a great way to promote the deluxe version wouldnt it. If the single catched on then more people would buy the album

Agree in every way.
Would be so cool to see this song get picked up and take off. I just can't see how it couldn't be a hit. At least a big a hit as U2 are gonna get these days.

Can someone who has this please check the request thread? It appears only the first few people received it - all single or low number posters, and then they fucked off after they got what they came for. Would someone be kind enough to send it on to the others in that thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom